How long did it take you to complete the community center on your first playthrough?

Elenna101

Farmer
I cant seem to get my hand on the fiddlehead fern and im at my second year now, maybe year 3 then View attachment 3178
You may be looking in the wrong place? It's in kind of a secret location, or at least one that's not immediately accessible.

If you go to the top left corner of the Cindersap Forest map, slightly north of the wizard, there's a big log on the left side of the map. You can break it with a steel axe to reveal the secret woods. The fiddlehead fern spawns there in summer.

Salonpad

Farmhand
You may be looking in the wrong place? It's in kind of a secret location, or at least one that's not immediately accessible.

If you go to the top left corner of the Cindersap Forest map, slightly north of the wizard, there's a big log on the left side of the map. You can break it with a steel axe to reveal the secret woods. The fiddlehead fern spawns there in summer.
That was very helpful ! I keep overlook things and I died so many times in the cave
sad-icon.png
now i can sleep in peace thank you
adore-icon.png

Slypenslyde

Greenhorn
It was around Fall Year 2 on my first save file. I didn't really pay attention to it until Winter Year 1 so I missed most of the season locked stuff. Got it around Summer Year 2 in my second playthrough because I'd forgotten a lot and didn't pay enough attention to the bundles early on. Someday I'm going to try a year 1 unlock!

Xristos

Tiller
I haven't completed the community center yet, I know im stupid ... And I have it since 2019... When I'm playing stardew valley I usually play to chill with my friends and do stupid stuff, we haven't gone through a serious playthrough yet.. I honestly think this is a fun way to play the game. Although I havent completed the community center, I WOULD NEVER sell my soul to joja.

Last edited:

Xristos

Tiller
I did it in my first year noob
Ok, you don't have to be rude. We are just chilling here to have fun and talk with other members of this community. It's such an achievement completing it in the first year not gonna lie, but you don't have to show it in that way. To be fair, you shouldn't be rude to him for taking him about 2-3 years to complete it. I have the game since 2019 and I haven't finished the community center yet..

My very first playthrough took me halfway through Year 3. Like others have said, I didn't understand some of the importances, mechanics or meaning behind it. Not to mention at the time I was enamoured with exploring the mines and couldn't be bothered to do things like fishing and foraging. Ah the follies of youth 🤣

Odin

Staff member
@DaBroz Please remember to be polite! This thread is all about people's first experiences with the game. Everyone plays at a different pace, and not everyone focuses on the same things while playing.

LuckyParsnip

Greenhorn
I think I finished around Year 3. I check the bundles occasionally and bring some items over to the community center if I remember, but I don't actively forage.

Elenna101

Farmer
Y3 I think. I only got 2 candles from Grandpa that time. Oof.
Fishing KILLED me.
My first playthrough, I knew vaguely about the Grandpa thing because someone mentioned it on a stream that I watched, but I thought it was the *end* of year 3. Was pretty annoyed when it happened and I only got 3 candles lol.