How long did it take you to complete the community center on your first playthrough?

SP2186

Greenhorn
Personal it took me about a year and a half on my firstish playthrough (I never really committed to one playthrough until recently).

Elenna101

Farmer
I think I finished it summer year 3? I had everything but truffle and fiddlehead fern by the end of year 2.
I decided to wait until year 2 for animals, I guess because I didn't want to learn too many new mechanics at once, and then I didn't quite manage to get the deluxe barn by mid-fall because I didn't know what I was doing. Also I couldn't find where to get the fern, until I finally looked it up... in fall of year 2. Was not happy to realize that I had to wait three whole seasons for it lol.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Summer Year 3 as I didn't know about the Traveling Cart's advantages and why Cabbage Seeds might be important or even that more seed options get added later in the game. Apparently I so disliked Pierre in that save that I not only never noticed he sold Cabbage Seeds that second Summer, but I distinctly remember ripping up all mail he sent to me and stomping it into the ground as I was short of manure Fertilizer at the time.

What? It's a perfectly natural reaction to a dude who ignores his wife at public gatherings, doesn't even know if Abby's his true daughter, and ends up being slightly oversmug at his own cleverness:

I sure don't know anyone else like that...

What??

Well of course I know about the reclusive Cabbage Seed by now as on my new v1.5 save, I'm at Spring 28 Year 2...
And no @$%$%^$@ Cabbage Seed yet! Pierre has clearly paid off the Traveling Cart lady to offer 800g Corn, 1000g Coconuts, and 1125g Strange Buns instead. I already have Strange Buns.

What??? Why are you looking at me that way again?

The rest of the CC has been done since early Winter Year 1, sigh. But at least the TC lady did smuggle me out a 200g Gotoro Empire Coffee Bean (don't tell Kent pls, this is just between us!) so I'm sopping up my sorrows with piles of gold.

Dragonheardt

Planter
I think it took me almost 2 years. I didn't understand the importance, didnt even know Joja was an option (lol I cant bring myself to do it anyway, I still don't truly believe that is an option. The game begins and plays with an anti corporation vibe anyways. Wouldn't feel right)

No matter how many times I play through the game, I still mess up and miss like one crop/item that makes me wait 2-3 seasons longer to get. I just get carried away with the charm and chores of the game.

Tom

Farmer
First playthrough, eh? Well, I am sure that on the one I started around July 4, 2019 I neither socialized, mined, nor fished. And being a Mormon, I didn't process Wine or Pale Ale. I never got the CC done or even understood this thing you call "bundles". Interesting start. I was overwhelmed watering Parsnips before the end of Spring.

Then I went to the dark side (No, not Joja; the wiki, the forums, and Kegs). And I got addicted to starting over. In my spiral notebook, I see five starts before I made it to Summer Year 2. Still no CC finish.

Eventually I stuck with a playthrough, moved from my spiral notebook to a PDF calendar, married Penny, and finished the CC on 17th of Fall Year 2 with a Rabbit's Foot. By then I am sure I had finished the CC around 15th of Spring Year 2 in other playthroughs.

By the way, yesterday I played that same Penny playthrough, and I think I will play it again now. I'm in Fall Year 3. It took me long enough, but I now have 900 Ancient Fruit growing and 3 million gold on hand.

I barely even looked at it until year 2 or 3, then took a couple more years filling bundles with no plan, then gave up on the fish year 7. My second farm was devoted to jam and I didn't bother with the cc at all! Not until my 3rd playthrough did I try from the beginning, and then I got it by summer year 2.

ISSsloth

Farmer
I haven't actually finished it ever but since I'm on day 28 of winter year 2 I can say for sure that I'm going to be at least 2 years.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I haven't actually finished it ever but since I'm on day 28 of winter year 2 I can say for sure that I'm going to be at least 2 years.
My current run is halfway through Spring of year 3 and all i need is a truffle.

stupid cart lady

LRangerR

Local Legend
I barely even looked at it until year 2 or 3, then took a couple more years filling bundles with no plan, then gave up on the fish year 7. My second farm was devoted to jam and I didn't bother with the cc at all! Not until my 3rd playthrough did I try from the beginning, and then I got it by summer year 2.
There are times when i get most of my fish from the cart lady. Even chubs for Demetrius.

By the way, yesterday I played that same Penny playthrough, and I think I will play it again now. I'm in Fall Year 3. It took me long enough, but I now have 900 Ancient Fruit growing and 3 million gold on hand.
Still no wine? :P

Reactions: Tom

Ralij

Cowpoke
26 Winter, Year 2. Or close, it was close enough I got the cutscene the day before /spoiler/ happens. I cut it a bit close.

On my first playthrough in year 2 in Xbox one, and now on my first playthrough in PC playing the new split screen CO-OP with my wife I still doing the community center bundles and it is already year 2 and only one or two bundles away to complete it, so I am finishing it in year 2. I could have done it in year 1 on pc since I have already played on xbox one and completed the community center and in the start I did aim for it but halfway in year 1 I decided to take it easy and enjoy the game with my wife with out rapping my head in the thought of having to finish all of the community center bundles in year 1. It is more fun to just play, roleplay, and decorate your farm and even more fun if you're playing with someone dear to you. Beside I am also treating the game as if it were totally different and new because the update 1.5 has implemented many new mechanisms and endgame content after the end of the community center.
:proud::stardrop::house::sword::sprout::dizzy:

Odin

Staff member
That was a long time ago, but I remember I completed it before the evaluation. It was probably fall or winter of year 2.

Reactions: Tom

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
i think my first time took a bit over 2 years since i was missing the purple mushroom (i had pretty bad luck finding it in the mines!), but since then i can usually complete my community center in spring of year 2

My first playthrough? I didn't. Got frustrated with it and sold out to Joja. Didn't realize Red Cabbage was a year two-plus crop (or that some crops were only available after year two) and didn't understand the mechanics of the cart vendor.

Man, those were the days. Back when kegs required clay for each keg, but you could dig vertically to obtain copious quantities of clay. Hadn't figured out about barns being useful to store kegs in yet, so I was just leaving them in rows on my farm, since I hadn't figured out you could place them off the farm yet either.

There was so much to explore, so much to discover. The game has come a long way since then, and so have I. I've learned optimal strategies, and probably just as importantly, how to implement practical strategies that takes the optimal routes into consideration without taking them to the n'th degree. I've written many guides, on this board and on the Chucklefish board, detailing my discoveries and breaking them down. I've used my financial background to lay out RoI calculations for infrastructure investments and which crops are the best 'bang for your buck' (not necessarily the most theoretically profitable).

But you know something? There's a certain... je ne sais quoi... in playing a game like this for the first time. And as I often state as a caveat in my guides: You only get to play the game for the first time, once. Enjoy the experience first before you start looking up guides and the wiki and peel back the curtain of wonder and mystery.