iOS How do I play the same farm save on different mobile devices?

yumalicous

Greenhorn
I want to play the same farm on my phone, but the save is on my iPad.
I managed to copy my save file on my iPad and paste it in the stardew valley file on my phone through ICloud, and my farm does appear on my phone in the loaded saves! But when I try to get in, i‘m kicked to the title screen, anything I’m missing or it‘s just not possible?

ArtifactSpot

Im wondering this same thing myself. It may not be possible. Mobile is unique in many ways. Convenient, easier controls imho, but also gltchy, not able to be modded, and I haven’t figured out how to back up saves to any devices. I’ll likely lose all saves in a year or two when this iPad becomes unusable.

wildandblue

Sodbuster
@yumalicous and @ArtifactSpot Yes, that should work. Are both devices on the same SDV version? And when you say phone, you're talking about an iPhone, yes?

I'll do the steps to verify it right now (iPad to iPhone).

Edit to add: OK so same issue here where it spits you back to the load screen. I'll work on this a bit more to see if I can find a workaround.

Update: I got it to work with a different iPad save file, although I'm not sure what the difference is. The first one (that didn't load) was a save created on a Mac and copied to my iPad. It opens and works fine on my iPad but didn't on my iPhone. The second one (that worked) was created on the iPad.

It's one of the advantages of the Arcade version being able to play the same save on any compatible device (except for this game not Apple TV).

OK I got the first save file to work now too on the iPhone. I opened it on my iPad, didn't do anything in the game, and then exited to title. Then I copied the folder to iCloud and copied and pasted into the iPhone folder, and this time it loaded fine.

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
@yumalicous and @ArtifactSpot Yes, that should work. Are both devices on the same SDV version? And when you say phone, you're talking about an iPhone, yes?

Edit to add: OK so same issue here where it spits you back to the load screen. I'll work on this a bit more to see if I can find a workaround.

Update: I got it to work with a different iPad save file, although I'm not sure what the difference is. The first one (that didn't load) was a save created on a Mac and copied to my iPad. It opens and works fine on my iPad but didn't on my iPhone. The second one (that worked) was created on the iPad.

It's one of the advantages of the Arcade version being able to play the same save on any compatible device (except for this game not Apple TV).

OK I got the first save file to work now too on the iPhone. I opened it on my iPad, didn't do anything in the game, and then exited to title. Then I copied the folder to iCloud and copied and pasted into the iPhone folder, and this time it loaded fine.
That's great! I wonder if there's a small version number mismatch that gets in the way of saves opening on one device but not another. And when you opened the farm on the iPad, it did something ?? to allow the iPhone to access it properly.

ArtifactSpot

I can’t afford the arcade monthly fee. That’s too bad. I can’t get the other to work. My paid for once game works on both I just have separate games going on them. It’s so much easier on my iPad though, especially since I got an apple pencil with this over 3 years ago. My iPhone Stardew isn’t far along as it is small and my fingers never seem to hit the screen right as mobile is off in places anyways and requires precision especially bottom left quadrant of screen. 🤪