Windows [HELP] Stardew takes forever to load (10+ mins)

Llewellyn990

Cowpoke
Hey Guys,

I'm posting on the forums because I've tried pretty much every solution in (my) book and absolutely nothing is working.

My Stardew was running absolutely fine yesterday, I had 60+ mods installed for a while now and haven't had a single issue, all of a sudden when trying to play last night the game takes 2ish hours to start up, took another 10 mins to find my save and eventually I think the game crashed as I was loading. I installed some coding software earlier in the day and thinking that it could be that I uninstalled it, but my problem persisted. I deleted Stardew Valley plus every one of the mods I had installed, then reinstalled it, but still nothing, I have deleted startup preferences as well and that didn't seem to be doing anything either. I currently have a fresh install of SDV with no mods and although my loading time is less (still 10+ minutes ) I'd really like to resolve this issue and get back to my modded playthrough.

Any help would be greatly appreciated <3 I really just wanna play some Stardew.

Again I was running everything perfectly beforehand, but specs as follows:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz
Installed RAM 8,00 GB (7,71 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Last edited:

Llewellyn990

Cowpoke
I've launched vanilla SDV with the compatibility patch, which seems to resolve the issue, but I am unable to mod my game while I'm playing on said patch so I'm still looking for a solution to the aforementioned problem

Last edited:

Llewellyn990

Cowpoke
Some things don't clean themselves up correctly. What exactly was this "coding software"?
It was Pycharm, a python development environment along with Python 3.10 which acts like a plugin essentially, I'm gonna wipe all traces from both now and report back

Edit: Okay I only found traces of it in %appdata% and after cleaning them my problem still exists

Lew Zealand

Helper
I wonder if it's the same issue that affecting people with Intel HD 3000 Graphics. I have one computer with HD 4000 Graphics like yours, I'll install SDV and try it out there. Mind you, there's no fix I've found outside of Compatibility Mode (and then only on a PC, not Mac), but at least it'll be consistent.

Lew Zealand

Helper
This is broken on my Intel HD 4000 Mac in exactly the same way as on my Intel HD 3000 Mac, so I assume this transfers to the non-Compatibility Mode problem you're seeing on your HD 4000 Windows machine. I should probably make an official Bug submission somewhere describing the problem and on which systems I see it.

Llewellyn990

Cowpoke
This is broken on my Intel HD 4000 Mac in exactly the same way as on my Intel HD 3000 Mac, so I assume this transfers to the non-Compatibility Mode problem you're seeing on your HD 4000 Windows machine. I should probably make an official Bug submission somewhere describing the problem and on which systems I see it.
Thanks for all your help! I'll do so