[HELP] Modded mac saves keep crashing, no errors in SMAPI (Segmentation fault: 11)

shann0potato

Newcomer
I feel as though I've tried absolutely everything and am at my wits end.

My game(s) keep crashing, usually within the first 10 minutes of playing. There was one instance when it crashed on the title screen. At first, I thought I had isolated the situation down to a handful of mods (which I've since removed). But it seems no matter what I do, no matter how smooth-sailing things seem to be going, it always ends the same—with an unexpected crash and a cryptic message in SMAPI.

Fortunately, I don't have any save files that are near and dear to me at the moment. I haven't actually played the game in awhile (like, played played). But I don't think I could go through another vanilla run, not after already putting in some 500+ hours toward it previously. So I thought, modding! That's the fresh yet familiar experience I'm itchin' to have! And, at this point, I've sunk a stupid amount of time into researching and readying for the :goldstar:modded experience:goldstar:, and I'd like something to show for it... :(

I haven't even gotten to the fun stuff yet! Like SVE or RSV!! This is just, like, QOL mods and frameworks for pete's sake!
Anyway. Onto it.

The Nitty Gritty:
MacBook Pro, 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 processor, macOS Ventura 13.4
Latest SMAPI log here: https://smapi.io/log/30d7661d715c49708d894942c6f96033

As far as I can tell, there is text missing from the SMAPI log parser, that does appear in my Terminal, and reads:
line 164: 26069 Segmentation fault: 11 ./StardewModdingAPI "$@"
logout
Saving session...completed.

The text "line 164" and "Segmentation fault: 11" is consistent from one crash to the next, though the number sandwiched between them changes. I can't for the life of me figure out what it means. The Almighty Internet suggests that, well, something is trying to access something that it shouldn't and it couldn't because. I guess?

Things I've tried:
– Resetting the game through Steam (i.e., verify integrity of game files)
– Uninstalling and reinstalling SMAPI, Stardew Valley, and the Steam client itself
– Removing save files from Steam cloud, from manual Steam backups, automatic backups, SMAPI's backups, even the com.concernedape Saved Application State
– Every so often playing vanilla/no mods (no problems there), before adding mods back in (problems abound)
– Granting permissions for Steam, Stardew Valley, and Stardew Modding API to update or delete applications through my computer's Privacy & Security settings
– Giving Full Disk Access to the Terminal through my computer's Privacy & Security settings
– Modding in batches, doing test runs, confirming no errors before adding another batch
– Scouring the internet
– Bashing my skull against my desk

In regards to the linked SMAPI log: For this particular run, I had uninstalled SMAPI and deleted my prior save—first in-game, then in all the other places (Steam cloud, backups, etc.). I uninstalled and reinstalled Stardew. I verified the integrity of the game files. Reinstalled SMAPI. Added a set of mods to the Mod folder that had previously worked in another test run. And the game crashed within 4 minutes.

I will literally buy another computer at this point if that's what it takes. I am too far gone.

Heeeeelp meeeee :sweat:
pls&ty :hlevel: