Mac [HELP] MacBook Multiplayer/Co-op Not Working on Steam

hoestar

Newcomer
Recently for Winter Break my friends wanted to get together and start a co-op world since I bought the game as a Christmas gift for a mutual friend, one of my friends has a MacBook and since she had the most free time she suggested that she could host the server. However, when she went to invite us through Steam's friend list, the invite to lobby/game wasn't showing up. So, since an invite code typically shows up in the game settings or in the chat when booting up a co-op world, we asked her to invite us through sending us the code. She didn't have the code either.

I thought she just couldn't host, so I decided to do it instead but every time I invited her through steam, it wouldn't direct her to the game. I tried to send her an invite code, but she showed me her multiplayer screen and the button wasn't there.

We're all on Windows except her, so I started scrounging forums to see if it was a common issue and if there was a solution, and I also checked ConcernedApe's tweets to see if the problem had been fixed or had been addressed. I was grateful to see that it was a more common issue than we expected, I also found that ConcernedApe had said that the problem was already fixed... months ago and that the patch on Steam should get rid of the issue.

So, I asked her to look at her version of the game to see if it was up to date, and it was. We were all on 1.5.6

We've gone through multiple solutions that I found from the forums, while most were from months ago we'd figured it was better than trying nothing:
1. Changing Steam status from invisible to online (from people saying that doing something random would fix it)
2. Verifying Stardew Valley files on Steam
3. Checking the firewall on her laptop
4. Re-installing the game
5. Checking if on compatibility mode
6. Running it as an administrator directly from the files as .exe
7. Changing her Steam username (from people saying that doing something random would fix it)

Unfortunately, none of these seemed to work. Recently, I checked ConcernedApe's tweets again where the developer said that hotfix was going to be going live to fix mac compatibility mode but I'm not sure if that's related to the co-op invite codes not showing up for Mac. Her game still works perfectly fine in single player farms.

Please let me know if there are any other solutions! (Or if this is just something that time will fix)

Werfisch

Newcomer
Same problem here, since today! My friend has a mac and ran Stardew over compatibility mode, we played a farm into year two no problem, over the last couple of months. Today all of a sudden he couldn't joint at all, same issue with "cant see inv code" etc.

Pls Help! Would be a shame to not be able to play more on our farm.

sidikulous

Greenhorn
Recently for Winter Break my friends wanted to get together and start a co-op world since I bought the game as a Christmas gift for a mutual friend, one of my friends has a MacBook and since she had the most free time she suggested that she could host the server. However, when she went to invite us through Steam's friend list, the invite to lobby/game wasn't showing up. So, since an invite code typically shows up in the game settings or in the chat when booting up a co-op world, we asked her to invite us through sending us the code. She didn't have the code either.

I thought she just couldn't host, so I decided to do it instead but every time I invited her through steam, it wouldn't direct her to the game. I tried to send her an invite code, but she showed me her multiplayer screen and the button wasn't there.

We're all on Windows except her, so I started scrounging forums to see if it was a common issue and if there was a solution, and I also checked ConcernedApe's tweets to see if the problem had been fixed or had been addressed. I was grateful to see that it was a more common issue than we expected, I also found that ConcernedApe had said that the problem was already fixed... months ago and that the patch on Steam should get rid of the issue.

So, I asked her to look at her version of the game to see if it was up to date, and it was. We were all on 1.5.6

We've gone through multiple solutions that I found from the forums, while most were from months ago we'd figured it was better than trying nothing:
1. Changing Steam status from invisible to online (from people saying that doing something random would fix it)
2. Verifying Stardew Valley files on Steam
3. Checking the firewall on her laptop
4. Re-installing the game
5. Checking if on compatibility mode
6. Running it as an administrator directly from the files as .exe
7. Changing her Steam username (from people saying that doing something random would fix it)

Unfortunately, none of these seemed to work. Recently, I checked ConcernedApe's tweets again where the developer said that hotfix was going to be going live to fix mac compatibility mode but I'm not sure if that's related to the co-op invite codes not showing up for Mac. Her game still works perfectly fine in single player farms.

Please let me know if there are any other solutions! (Or if this is just something that time will fix)
Hi!! I’m going through the same issue (me being the one on the Mac), did you manage to figure it out at all for the Steam version?? ty!!