Solved [Help] Have all the stardrops but game says im missing one

superbunnyninja

Greenhorn
I am on the Nintendo Switch console version of Stardew Valley and I am having the same problem of the Stardrops not being completely collected, yet I know I've gotten all seven since I have the same amount of energy as the picture depicted above. Is there a way I can fix this on the console? I don't play this game on the PC, so I'd appreciate the help! P.S. I've never used mods in videogames, so I'm 1000% sure it's the game and not me forgetting I missed one..
This has also happened to me. I’m playing on Nintendo Switch and have got all the Stardrops but the Perfection tracker is saying I haven’t.

Wertzuin

Newcomer
have you ever played with mods on this file? Are you 100% sure you've found all the stardrops? (Did you revisit the statue in the woods and check it again?)
As a last resort, I can tell you how to edit your save file to fix it:

1. Go to %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves and find the folder with your character's name or farm name on it.
  2. Open the folder and you'll find a file with the same name as the folder.
  3. Open the file in notepad.
  4. Ctrl+F search for "mailReceived"
  5. You'll find a tag that looks something like this: <mailReceived><string>button_tut_1</string><string>button_tut_2</string>...
  6. Add <string>CF_Mines</string> to the list of tags, so it look something like this: <mailReceived><string>CF_Mines</string><string>button_tut_1</string><string>button_tut_2</string>... (don't mess with any of the other string tags, they don't need to look exactly like this example. The only thing you need to do is insert <string>CF_Mines</string>)
  7. Save and reload your file, the game now recognizes that you received the stardrop from the mines

(Trivia: the reason the label for stardrops has "CF" at the beginning is because the stardrops used to be called "Cosmic Fruit" in early versions of the game)
Hey I followed the instructions, and didn't anything else, but now when I try to start my file, the game restart instantly.
I dont know how to fix that.

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: ok I managed to load an old file right before i did that mess, now I understand how important it is to make a copy of the save file :D

Edit 2: I tried it again and now it works fine. :) I think my problem was that I used the wrong text editor and that messed erverything. Thanks for the help :D

Last edited:

Gengardian

Greenhorn
I am actually having this problem however I'm on Xbox. The funny thing is I actually remember getting all the stardrops from every instance and it still says I am missing one ( or rather haven't found all of them) this is the only thing that's preventing me from getting my hundred percent statue.
I did double check everything as well. I went to the mine. I checked the secret forest statue. I checked the fair. My wife had already given me one, were at 14 hearts. Willy mailed me one earlier on. Krobus isn't selling one since I bought it a while ago. Completed museum, even tried talking to Gunther and he just thanks Me for completing it. I've put almost 300 hours on this file and I would hate to start over. Please let me know thanks!

Gengardian

Greenhorn
I am on the Nintendo Switch console version of Stardew Valley and I am having the same problem of the Stardrops not being completely collected, yet I know I've gotten all seven since I have the same amount of energy as the picture depicted above. Is there a way I can fix this on the console? I don't play this game on the PC, so I'd appreciate the help! P.S. I've never used mods in videogames, so I'm 1000% sure it's the game and not me forgetting I missed one..
Same. But on Xbox. I really hope there is a fix for this...almost 300 hours...I dont want to start over lol

Fufelufel

Greenhorn
I’ve got the same problem. I REALLY don’t want to have to start again to get it complete.

Lizzie

Newcomer
Hi, I have a similar problem with the game not registering all the stardrops I've found, however, with me it is the one for the complete collection in the museum. I explicitly remember eating the stardrop, but the game doesn't register it. I've tried the fix from this thread, simply changing it to <string>CF_Museum</string>, but that didn't work. I have never used mods or played around with save editing before. (I've only now started out of sheer desperation, because I so want the statue of true perfection...) Any help would be greatly appreciated ;-)

RollingOaks

Greenhorn
I am also having this problem on Steam. Like Lizzie, I have never modded or messed with this file before, and am desperate to reach the Summit! I have all of the following in my save file:

<string>CF_Museum</string>
<string>CF_Statue</string>
<string>CF_Sewer</string>
<string>CF_Spouse</string>
<string>CF_Fair</string>
<string>CF_Fish</string>
<string>CF_Mines</string>

When I go to the Achievements tab, it's the Complete Collection that's not registering, even though the string is there. I've tried returning to the museum both with and without the string in the file. Halp!

RollingOaks

Greenhorn
Since this thread is marked "Solved" should I start a new one?

::later:: I went ahead and started a new thread.

Last edited:

Robbe

Newcomer
Just want to add that I also have this issue. Playing PC. I managed to fix the in-game Perfection tracker with the "CF_Mines adding to file" method so now it says that I did collect all Stardrops. However, the Steam achievement does not want to pop for it. Any way to fix this?

Edit: I managed to fix this by creating a new safe file and copying a bunch of things over. What you basically need is everything between the <mailReceived> tag but then delete the <CF_Mines> tag within. So now when you reach level 100 on this new safe file, it will count as the last Stardrop and it should trigger the achievement. I recommend copying over 999 Staircases from another safe file where you had them in your inventory (you can adjust the stack count yourself).

Last edited:

jwoww

Cowpoke
the wiki says the stardrop achievement is steam-only, but it shows up as an obtainable PS4 trophy. even though my energy is 508 and i'm 100% ive found all the stardrops, I can't get it to say i've found them all on the perfection tracker or get the trophy for it. does anyone know how to tackle this issue on a console, or if this achievement is actually exclusive?

jayeyem731

Farmhand
Bumping thread. This issue still has not been solved for PS4. Gave it another shot from an old save file I was able to recover where I have the last piece in the museum collection, I get the Stardrop, and then the trophy does not pop. Really hope this gets fixed soon because it has made that save file unplayable for me.

TiffanyNott

Newcomer
Bumping thread. This issue still has not been solved for PS4. Gave it another shot from an old save file I was able to recover where I have the last piece in the museum collection, I get the Stardrop, and then the trophy does not pop. Really hope this gets fixed soon because it has made that save file unplayable for me.
Is this seriously still not fixed on the console? I played through previously on the PS4 and it DID register all the stardrops. This time it isn't...and the only thing that I can think of that I did differently is that I used the magic bait to catch the fish out of season. Willie still gave me the stardrop but I wonder if that's not causing it to glitch.

jayeyem731

Farmhand
Bumping yet again. I don't know why the title says "solved" when it has not been fixed at all. I am hoping the next update that has not yet come out on PS4 will finally be fixed because this has been going on at least a year now.

sicadinho91

Newcomer
This issue needs more attention and a fix. I am surprised it has been this long already. I am playing on console (switch) and am unable to get all 7 stardrops. I noticed I gave a gift to my first wife and it gifted the item and gave me the stardrop at the same time. It seemed off but I didn't look into it assuming I had them all, that was the last one I needed. I noticed days later I did not have all 7 but was max hearts with spouse. She never gifted me a stardrop again. Another thing that is odd is that cannoli's eyes are dark and not lit. I know I got his stardrop and I cannot interact with him at all even for another gold sweet gem berry. I divorced remarried and still am unable to get it. I looked up that he is supposed to have red eyes after you gift him.

Very discouraging and frustrating when you spent 100's of hours with this goal in mind.

Someone kindly help.

MadMatt

Newcomer
I have just joined to try and find an answer to this! Sorry to bump an old thread again but i am playing on Switch and Co-op. We have completed all and are pretty sure we both have all stardrops but the game says we haven’t. Help! again we have nearly 300 hours into this, i can’t give up on it now!!

Timmyisgreen

Newcomer
Dude, saaaame problem on the ps5 here. Literally have all the trophies indicating I got all the stardrops…but it never popped and says I don’t on the perfection tracker. I hope there’s a fix possible with the incoming update because I don’t think I can put myself through completing the Musuem and catching every fish again lol

Cebola

Newcomer
have you ever played with mods on this file? Are you 100% sure you've found all the stardrops? (Did you revisit the statue in the woods and check it again?)
As a last resort, I can tell you how to edit your save file to fix it:

1. Go to %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves and find the folder with your character's name or farm name on it.
  2. Open the folder and you'll find a file with the same name as the folder.
  3. Open the file in notepad.
  4. Ctrl+F search for "mailReceived"
  5. You'll find a tag that looks something like this: <mailReceived><string>button_tut_1</string><string>button_tut_2</string>...
  6. Add <string>CF_Mines</string> to the list of tags, so it look something like this: <mailReceived><string>CF_Mines</string><string>button_tut_1</string><string>button_tut_2</string>... (don't mess with any of the other string tags, they don't need to look exactly like this example. The only thing you need to do is insert <string>CF_Mines</string>)
  7. Save and reload your file, the game now recognizes that you received the stardrop from the mines

(Trivia: the reason the label for stardrops has "CF" at the beginning is because the stardrops used to be called "Cosmic Fruit" in early versions of the game)

TANKYUUUUU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!, THIS HELPME IN 1.6!!!! I LOVE YOU BARONEEEEE, YOU ARE NOT A PRODUCER OF GAMES YOU ARE A FATHER!

BEIJOOO TE AMOOO FROM BRAZILLLL