Solved [HELP] Game not launching (Steam)

EbbZilla

Greenhorn
Hello!

I’ve seen this post a few times before regarding this “same” type of bug, so I apologize, but I just can’t seem to be able to fix my problem with those forums, YouTube videos, or anything, really.

My game won’t launch when I click it and I haven’t been able to play the game for more than three months because of it. It will say, “launching” and then it’ll just stop launching after a few seconds. No other pop-ups or anything, it will just stop.

I’ve tried to delete and reinstall the game. I have also tried the obvious: “Click Local files”, and then, “Verify integrity of game files”-trick. But no matter how much I do it, it won’t work. I have also followed every step of this YouTube Video: Steam Games Crashing and Not Launching FIX!!! [2018] – (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odjMeeKVlbs&ab_channel=SubVoidMedia). After trying every trick in this video (not at the same time) I was hopeful, but no dice.

Would love some help with this!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hi EbbZilla and Welcome to the Forum!

Have you tried Compatibility Mode in Steam? This may be different from the second suggested fix from the video, which is using Windows' compatibility mode to launch that same app in a different way. Instead this Compatibility mode should be an actually different app. In Steam:

Gear Icon --> Properties --> Betas --> Select compatibility - For 32-bit systems. The legacy, XNA version of Stardew Valley.

EbbZilla

Greenhorn
Hi EbbZilla and Welcome to the Forum!

Have you tried Compatibility Mode in Steam? This may be different from the second suggested fix from the video, which is using Windows' compatibility mode to launch that same app in a different way. Instead this Compatibility mode should be an actually different app. In Steam:

Gear Icon --> Properties --> Betas --> Select compatibility - For 32-bit systems. The legacy, XNA version of Stardew Valley.
Oh, my God! Thank you so much! It's finally working. Thank you!

OhNinety

Newcomer
Anyone still having problems should look for a file named Galaxy64.dll in the main game file. If you see the file, delete and try to relaunch the game. I did this after reading crash logs and determining that this was the problem. I'm sorry if this doesn't solve it for you and I wish you luck.