PC [HELP] Game crash when fishing.

Easytoon

Greenhorn
Game crash randomly while I fish. Doesn't matter where or when I fish. I have verrified the files, re-installed the game and run the game as administrator.

I have attached the latest error log.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi,
I need to ask some questions to narrow down and understand this issue.

1. Probably the culprit can be your achievement...
I wondered if you have this achievement from your steam.

- Fisherman Y/N
- ol-Mariner Y/N
- mother catch Y/N
- Master angler Y/N

2. What fishing level are you?
source:

3. What tackle did you use? What rod are you using now?
Could you use another tackle and see if it crashes again?

Easytoon

Greenhorn
Hi,
I need to ask some questions to narrow down and understand this issue.

1. Probably the culprit can be your achievement...
I wondered if you have this achievement from your steam.

- Fisherman Y/N
- ol-Mariner Y/N
- mother catch Y/N
- Master angler Y/N

2. What fishing level are you?
source:

3. What tackle did you use? What rod are you using now?
Could you use another tackle and see if it crashes again?
I have all the fishing achievements.
Fishing level 10
I'm using the iridium rod with the master enchantment and have also eaten gold star seafoam pudding. Putting my fishing level on 16.
With the fishing rod I'm using the cork bobber and normal bait.

Have now tested one day without the cork bobber but with seafoam pudding, and one day without seafoam pudding but with cork bobber. The game didn't crash on any of those days.
I will test more when I get more time.

I have all the fishing achievements.
Fishing level 10
I'm using the iridium rod with the master enchantment and have also eaten gold star seafoam pudding. Putting my fishing level on 16.
With the fishing rod I'm using the cork bobber and normal bait.

Have now tested one day without the cork bobber but with seafoam pudding, and one day without seafoam pudding but with cork bobber. The game didn't crash on any of those days.
I will test more when I get more time.
Would you please continue to test different tackles and baits?
So we can finally narrow down and see which one is causing the most problems.
Edit: Also experiment with seafoam as well. Let me know how it goes.

Edit:
The possible root of the problem
I find an interesting source that people had a game crash from using the cork bobber and seafoam. – most of them are level 10 and attempt to catch legendary fish.
However, most of them got a crash from the version below 1.5.4.
The mod claimed that this bug has been fixed in the 1.5. 2 versions of the game. ((I need to send a private message to a mod to confirm it.))

Source:
Similar issues with cork bobber & seafoam pudding have been reported since January 6, 2021:

This has been reported that the fishing bug has been fixed in 1.5.2 on January 9, 2021: ---------------------> Need to ask the mod if 1.5.2 can fix the fishing game crash.

The latest 1.5.4 version of the game crash has been reported on July 6, 2021:

Detailed info on version 1.5:
https://www.stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-1-5-update-full-changelog/
Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 8.26.23 PM.png

Detailed info on version 1.4 (seafoam)

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
So, @Laissez_Faire_Farming pointed me at this thread, and just to add data/information potentially relevant...

I have often used my iridium rod with the master enchantment, seasoned (or :goldstar:) seafoam pudding and cork bobber at the same time. That is, in fact, my usual load-out when looking for legendary or other difficult fish.

I have never had a crash while fishing.

Easytoon

Greenhorn
Would you please continue to test different tackles and baits?
So we can finally narrow down and see which one is causing the most problems.
Edit: Also experiment with seafoam as well. Let me know how it goes.

Edit:
The possible root of the problem
I find an interesting source that people had a game crash from using the cork bobber and seafoam. – most of them are level 10 and attempt to catch legendary fish.
However, most of them got a crash from the version below 1.5.4.
The mod claimed that this bug has been fixed in the 1.5. 2 versions of the game. ((I need to send a private message to a mod to confirm it.))

Source:
Similar issues with cork bobber & seafoam pudding have been reported since January 6, 2021:

This has been reported that the fishing bug has been fixed in 1.5.2 on January 9, 2021: ---------------------> Need to ask the mod if 1.5.2 can fix the fishing game crash.

The latest 1.5.4 version of the game crash has been reported on July 6, 2021:

Detailed info on version 1.5:
https://www.stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-1-5-update-full-changelog/
View attachment 6988

Detailed info on version 1.4 (seafoam)
I have now tested one day with :goldstar: escargot and cork bobber, which resulted in crash. One day with :goldstar: dish o' the sea and cork bobber, which didn't make the game crash.
And one day with :goldstar: seafoam pudding and curiosity lure, no crash.

I have attached the error log from escargot and cork bobber combo, but as far as I can see there's no difference.

I will update you when I have tested more.

Attachments

Kristian's Error Message:
Message in Norwegian: minValue kan ikke være større enn maxValue.
Translation: Error: minValue cannot be greater than maxValue

Thanks for the update!
I cannot wait for the seafoam experiment.
1) Could you test these combo for the second time? If you have already done it two times, please skip it. Please let me if they crashed again.

seafoam :goldstar: + cork bobber​
escargot :goldstar: + cork bobber​

2) I am going to post this image to see if the leveling up is causing the problem. If possible, could you try Fish Taco :goldstar:? It's the equivalent of Escargot:goldstar:.
Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 3.27.51 PM.png
3) How many legendary have you caught so far? EDIT: Have you caught a legendary fish?
4)

3) Most importantly, maybe try CA's suggestion when the game crashing occurs. ----- Tweeted on January 14, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 3.15.21 PM.png

---------------------------------------------------------
Investigate to find the Solution to the Problem
1. I have the theory fishing above level 15+ is not able to crash. –because escargot (+2 :goldstar:) is below dish o'sea (+3 :goldstar:).
2. I always thought that the cork bobber is the culprit. It turns out It's not always true. – there is no crash from using cork bobber + dish o'sea.
3. It is clear that the fishing location has nothing to do with the game crashing.
4. Possible culprit is legendary fish.
5. Maybe 1.5.2 could fix the fishing bug with RIGHT SHIFT +Del + R buttons as CA suggested

6. Error: minValue cannot be greater than maxValue

Another source:
Game crash while fishing reported on January 25, 2021 in 1.5.4 update. ----> attempt to catch legendary fish
In fact, 1.5.4 came out on January 22, 2021.

Game Crash after catching a legendary fish reported on January 18. ---> game crash occurred after catching a legendary fish from 1.5.2 update.

Last edited:
It's been a long time. I haven't heard from you. I am reaching out to see how you are doing.
How was your experimentation so far?

I recently got a private message from a mod.
It looks like there is not a possibility that 1.5.2 could fix the fishing bug.
However, I am curious if you already tried Right SHIFT + DEL + R, just like CA has suggested.

Hey Laissez Faire,

Apologies for the slow reply, it's been a busy week. Unfortunately I'm not sure whether or not that 1.5.2 bug fix for fishing is connected to that reported crash. It seems unlikely to me that a bug fixed in 1.5.2 would have re-appeared in 1.5.3 or later, so I'd guess these are unconnected issues, but I don't know for certain.

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
So, after being asked to do some testing...

...and with a master iridium rod and both escargot and fish taco? I suffered no bug/crash and was able to catch a legendary fish with no problem.

Easytoon

Greenhorn
It's been a long time. I haven't heard from you. I am reaching out to see how you are doing.
How was your experimentation so far?

I recently got a private message from a mod.
It looks like there is not a possibility that 1.5.2 could fix the fishing bug.
However, I am curious if you already tried Right SHIFT + DEL + R, just like CA has suggested.
Sorry for not posting in a while. I haven't done much testing. Got kinda tired of fishing, but this is what I have:
Cork bobber + :goldstar: Fish Taco 05:00pm-01:00am Submarine No crash (fishing lvl. 14)
Cork bobber + :goldstar: Fish Taco 05:00pm-01:00am Submarine No crash (fishing lvl. 14)
Cork bobber + :goldstar: Fish Taco 03:40pm-01:00am Pirate cave + Pond west ginger island No crash (fishing lvl. 14)
Cork bobber + :goldstar: Fish Taco 09:10am-01:00am Pirate cave + Pond west ginger island No crash (fishing lvl. 14)
Cork bobber + :goldstar: Escargot 10:40am-01:00am Pirate cave + Pond west ginger island No crash (fishing lvl. 14)

I have already caught all the legendary fish.
Since my game haven't crashed these last tests I haven't had the chance to try Right SHIFT + DEL + R

I'm not done testing just need a break. Hopefully I will get some more testing done in the weekend.
I will update you once I have tested more.

Easytoon

Greenhorn
I have attached the tests I have done.
Don't know what happened but seems the game is crashing less frequently now. Maybe because of seasons?
The Cork bobber + :goldstar: Seafoam Pudding combo was a guaranteed crash, but not anymore.

This is just a feeling, I haven't really paid attention to it.
It feels like the more harvesting I do on my farm before fishing the faster it crashes. This could also just be a coincidence.

When my game crashes it freezes for 1-2sec. then closes.
I did try "Right SHIFT + DEL + R" but that didn't work.

More info of my farm:
I have done Qi's 100% perfection.
I'm on 25th spring year 7.

If I continue to fish I will take notes of it, but I probably won't focus on that. I'm getting pretty tired of fishing.
If I find any new info or do more tests I will update you, but it might be a while.

Attachments

Last edited:
Also, make sure you check out your daily luck.
I am going to refer that the daily luck range can go from 0.1 to -0.1.
The buff goes 1+ or 5+.

Source:

Maybe it can relate to this error message.
Message in Norwegian: minValue kan ikke være større enn maxValue.
Translation: Error: minValue cannot be greater than maxValue
This is just a feeling; I haven't paid attention to it.
It feels like the more harvesting I do on my farm before fishing, the faster it crashes. This could also just be a coincidence.

More info of my farm:
I have done Qi's 100% perfection.
I'm on 25th spring year 7.
^ I am going to further that research to see if being 100 % perfect could lead to a game crash.
or find out more if harvesting more could lead to game crashing

Last edited:
After analysing your error, I noticed a lot of Microsoft related error.
Could you try to re-install Microsoft XNA 4.0 and DirectX?
report me back with another error log to see if something is fixed.

This person possibly managed to fix half of errors by re-sintalling the XNA and DirectX but has a similar issue as yours. I was impressed how he re-sintalled and got half error.
source: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/help-game-crash-in-the-middle-of-the-day.4629/
The good news is that you do not have NET and Mod issue just like this person.

Report me back with another error log.
After that, we will figure out how to fix it one by one.
could you re-sintall them and report me back.

XNA

I have provided for you the latest Direct X

Last edited:

Jenntastic

Greenhorn
Found this thread because for the first time ever my game is crashing too. It will freeze for about 2 seconds and then close out completely. I was fishing with the cork bobber and gold star seafoam pudding. Yesterday I used this combo for the first time to catch two legendary fish in the mountains. I had no problems. Today I equipped the same items and went to level 60 of the mines to catch ice pip. The game crashed about one minute into continuous fishing three times in a row. On the fourth time I used the trap bobber and gold star seafoam pudding and nothing happened. I continued to do my fishing. An hour later I decide to try the cork bobber again and about one minute into fishing the game crashed again. Clearly it's not an issue they have fixed yet. :(