PC [HELP] Corrupted File after Alt+F4 and even "_old" don't work

leopoldo

Greenhorn
I've been playing coop with my gf for a few weekends now, we are on the spring of the third year, on the in-game day of the tragedy we did flooring on the farm (more on this later) and I created a bunch of casks and was placing then on the Quarry after blow up the stones, it was past midnight in-game, we were late for a irl appointment and I alt+f4 the game on her screen... We were ok to lost the day, but the game did not load anymore, past the selection of the co-op farm, crash...


My first search made me happy, trough the ConcernedApe Troubleshooting Guide we discover the backup file and after follow the quick fix of deleting the current files and renaming the "_old" the game, we crashed exactly the same.
The files are with me on my computer and I'm trying to solve the problem, unsuccessfully so far.

Things that I learned and try:
  • My file, that has the same name as the folder, is not partially missing, ending as it should (Attach)
  • My SaveGameInfo is not corrupted and its displaying the farm (we don't have 100% of what was the in-game day we were playing) (Attach)
  • Running with the current corrupted files, the error log yield (Wich uppon expection of the file seens to be related to flooring):
Message: There is an error in XML document (1, 2187486).
InnerException: System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 2187486). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The 'iSPathway' start tag on line 1 position 2187469 does not match the end tag of 'isPathway'. Line 1, position 2187486.

  • Running with the _old files the error log yield (both files are in the attach. I put the _old to distinct):
Message: There is an error in XML document (1, 1106125).
InnerException: System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 1106125). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The 'Width' start tag on line 1 position 1106115 does not match the end tag of 'WIdth'. Line 1, position 1106125.

  • I dont have MODs (SMAPI conflicts), even so, I tried to verify integrity.
  • I've read some posts here in the forum and found the following link that sums the common problems, in which none of then relate to mine:

My assumption is that a tag somewhere is not closing properly on the file.
I don't have the experience of navigating trough XML documents and debug it myself.
We don't mind losing a few days.
I really don't want to lose this file save once it has sentimental value to me.
 

Attachments

MysticTempest

Farmhand
Nice work on being so thorough; that helps a lot!
Here's a fixed save; I ended up fixing both the current day & the previous "_old" day save.

It was really odd, but the game typo'd the tags in those 2 sections that were referenced in the logs.
Broken Data:
Current day's save:
<iSPathway>false</isPathway>


Previous "_old" save:
<Width>64</WIdth>

Notice how the there's a capital 'S' in the "isPathway" tag, and a capital 'I' in the "Width" tag. That's what was causing issues in your saves.
 

Attachments

leopoldo

Greenhorn
SOLVED!!!

Oh my, I'm so f* happy rn! I love the game, now I love the community.
I'm gonna stick around so I can repay the help somehow!
Thanks a lot!

Nice work on being so thorough; that helps a lot!
Here's a fixed save; I ended up fixing both the current day & the previous "_old" day save.

It was really odd, but the game typo'd the tags in those 2 sections that were referenced in the logs.
Thanks for the compliment, I put a lot of effort since it's my second language :3
And yes, it's really odd, so little yet devastating.

You just made a Brazilian couple very happy, thanks again!
 
Top