PC HELP: Broken Crab Pots

N4choGirl

Newcomer
I recently prayed to the shrine to let me change my fishing profession and now I should be able to use crab pots without needing bait. I went to the beach with my stack of crab pots and started placing them. After a few, I noticed that each time I placed a new crab pot, it would shift around all of my crab pots slightly. I decided that maybe one was placed in a location that it shouldn't be, so I went to begin picking them up. Somehow, for each click, it is adding one crab pot to my inventory without actually picking up the crab pot. I can sit there unmoving and click on the same location and pick up an infinite amount of crab pots. I tried using an axe, pickaxe, empty hand. None of it worked.
I waited a day in-game and checked on it the next morning and all of the crab pots said that they were full of soggy newspaper. I went up to one of the crab pots to empty it and one soggy newspaper was added to my inventory but all of the crab pots said they had been emptied. I'm not sure what the problem is exactly nor how to fix it. Any help is much appreciated as I am in year 6 and have spent an insane amount of time on this particular save file.