Hello farmers! What happens when you have pigs?

Neat Games

Planter
Hello all~~ (non-spoiler tips please :D)

In my play-through I've gotten chickens and making mayonnaise! I just bought the big barn, and I think I will get cows.

I figure cows give milk you can sell, but what about pigs? I don't want to do any animal killing on my farm, so I guess I will not get pigs unless they provide something else?

Thanks again awesome farmers!

Rhiannon

Farmer
In my first save, for the barn I did cows (milk), goats (milk) and pigs (truffles) buying one of each. Eventually as they naturally multiplied, I sold the cows because goat cheese sells for more. The goats kept multiplying until my barn was full (12 animals). THIS save, the pigs are going nuts. I bought one and now have five! The truffle oil is definitely a money maker. But there is something about the goat milk turning into goat cheese and then aged to perfection that I enjoy.

Uzzlegorf

Farmer
In my first save, for the barn I did cows (milk), goats (milk) and pigs (truffles) buying one of each. Eventually as they naturally multiplied, I sold the cows because goat cheese sells for more. The goats kept multiplying until my barn was full (12 animals). THIS save, the pigs are going nuts. I bought one and now have five! The truffle oil is definitely a money maker. But there is something about the goat milk turning into goat cheese and then aged to perfection that I enjoy.
Goat cheese sells for more, but you get one every 2 days while cows produce daily. 2 cow cheeses sell for more than 1 goat cheese.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Choose Foraging and Artisan and your truffles will be an abundance of high value choices as Truffle Oil bumps up Truffle value a bit more and gives you something to do in the Winter if you save them and churn them thru the oil maker during the time you ordinarily would be collecting the truffles in Sp-Su-Au.