Switch Heart Events/Cutscenes not triggering!

valuemeal2

Greenhorn
I play on Switch, and I started this save before the 1.5 update came out. Year 7 of the game, if that matters. Spoilers for 1.5 below!

None of Leo's cutscenes will trigger, no matter what I try. I haven't gotten his 2 OR 6 heart scenes.

I've tried entering every area on Ginger Island by horse, by foot, and by parrot transport.

I have already gotten both recipes for mango rice and poi, at their respective hearts.

I tried shooting Leo with rocks to get his hearts to 5 or 1 (different tries), and then gifting a mango to get back up to 6 or 2 respectively (I felt like such a monster shooting a kid in the face for hours! His dialogue was heartbreaking!)

Does ANYONE know a solution for this? Is there something else I could possibly be missing?? (Yes, it's a sunny day between 6am-6pm, yes I've tried restarting the game, yes I've tried arriving on Ginger Island by both obelisk and boat. My other save worked just fine, the only difference I can think of is that the save where it worked was started after 1.5 was released?)

I'm absolutely devastated because not only can Leo never move to Pelican Town, I'll never get Leo's Song on my jukebox either if I can't resolve this. If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.