Solved have all scarecrows but never received deluxe scarecrow recipe

mycrystalcrush

Greenhorn
playing on the switch and I know somewhere said that the 1.5 update should have fixed this but its still stuck - i tried placing one of each of the scarecrows but no luck - i am playing for full completion so this is a big block at the moment xD

MissDandy

Farmer
For the walnuts, the parrot at Leo's hut should give you clues as to where the last five are located. You can use the wiki to decipher the clues if you need, too.

For the scarecrows, did you go to sleep the night you found them all? There's about a 90% chance that the letter containing the recipe will be derived when you sleep until it arrives, so you may have to sleep a second night in order to get it.

mycrystalcrush

Greenhorn
For the walnuts, the parrot at Leo's hut should give you clues as to where the last five are located. You can use the wiki to decipher the clues if you need, too.

For the scarecrows, did you go to sleep the night you found them all? There's about a 90% chance that the letter containing the recipe will be derived when you sleep until it arrives, so you may have to sleep a second night in order to get it.
well its been about 2 in game years now ... D: so i am not sure if maybe my character passed out that night to cause this glitch?

MissDandy

Farmer
Oh man, that's a while. The only thing I could think of if I didn't get the letter was to collect them again... I have no clue if there's any validity to that reasoning but maybe it would trigger the letter again in the game if something was missed the first time the game went to check if all of them had been collected. That is of course only if you have the means and resources to do that, it might not even have a chance of working and it takes quite a while to collect them all.

Ereo

Helper
The last time I was convinced I had all of them (I checked. And double-checked.) and I didn't get the letter in several months, it turned out I was wrong. I finally tried to put all eight next to each other and then I noticed I was missing one....

mycrystalcrush

Greenhorn
The last time I was convinced I had all of them (I checked. And double-checked.) and I didn't get the letter in several months, it turned out I was wrong. I finally tried to put all eight next to each other and then I noticed I was missing one....
Yea I ended up needing to get the mouse one again and place it to get the letter! Thank you!!

mycrystalcrush

Greenhorn

So I did get the letter after rebuying the mouse scarecrow! Thank you :D

mycrystalcrush

Greenhorn

Also on the golden walnut note- i have retraced my steps and still have 5 missing- the parrot says hidden in the pages of the journel- but I already dug up the spots and went to the ship etc..

I thought I completed the mermaid one but now I'm not sure- is there a way to tell if I've done it before? Unless I have 5 missing due to finding while fishing.

mycrystalcrush

Greenhorn
Also on the golden walnut note- i have retraced my steps and still have 5 missing- the parrot says hidden in the pages of the journel- but I already dug up the spots and went to the ship etc..

I thought I completed the mermaid one but now I'm not sure- is there a way to tell if I've done it before? Unless I have 5 missing due to finding while fishing.
Jk I just redid it and got the nuts!!