Windows Game is not loading!

EbbZilla

Greenhorn
Hello, again!

I posted this following thread in March:

Hello!

I’ve seen this post a few times before regarding this “same” type of bug, so I apologize, but I just can’t seem to be able to fix my problem with those forums, YouTube videos, or anything, really.

My game won’t launch when I click it and I haven’t been able to play the game for more than three months because of it. It will say, “launching” and then it’ll just stop launching after a few seconds. No other pop-ups or anything, it will just stop.

I’ve tried to delete and reinstall the game. I have also tried the obvious: “Click Local files”, and then, “Verify integrity of game files”-trick. But no matter how much I do it, it won’t work. I have also followed every step of this YouTube Video: Steam Games Crashing and Not Launching FIX!!! [2018] – (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odjMeeKVlbs&ab_channel=SubVoidMedia). After trying every trick in this video (not at the same time) I was hopeful, but no dice.

Would love some help with this!

The problem was kind of solved by changing the game to the beta version (compatible version). It works but I can’t really do anything with it, like, for example, add mods. And since changing it to the beta version it lags quite a bit.

I would love some help, which could actually solve it for good. It feels like I’ve tried everything!

Thank you!

(If this post is not allowed, please remove it! I have no idea how the forums work, yet!)

I am having the same exact experience today. I even had a family member who is a programmer come over and try all the "high-tech" solutions to this issue that get offered around the web. I can get compatibility mode to work, but I've already beat the game vanilla on Xbox and was really excited to get it on my computer and mod. We spent hours trying to resolve this every which way today!

Lew Zealand

Helper
One person a couple of days ago got it to work just by updating to the most recent graphics card drivers for their computer. This was with an older PC and their drivers were also an older version so this may not apply to either people in this thread, but it's something to consider if you haven't done this already.

EbbZilla

Greenhorn
One person a couple of days ago got it to work just by updating to the most recent graphics card drivers for their computer. This was with an older PC and their drivers were also an older version so this may not apply to either people in this thread, but it's something to consider if you haven't done this already.
Excellent suggestion. But yeah, no, didn't work. :(

Frankifortenby

Greenhorn
I'm in the same boat - I've done everything I can find - and I'm still having the exact same issue. I have almost 500 hours in this game and I would LOVE to play the most recent version. And that's with out any mods, which I would also love to add! I've followed every tutorial I can find, verified my game files 1000x, updated 14 separate drivers , replaced a .dll file , deleted a start up preferences file and even updated my startup preferences in Steam. Nothing works and I can ONLY play the compatibility version.
Edit - it's one am and I am really ready to just delete the game entirely at this point! *Frustrated*

Last edited:

Mizzion

Tiller
I'm in the same boat - I've done everything I can find - and I'm still having the exact same issue. I have almost 500 hours in this game and I would LOVE to play the most recent version. And that's with out any mods, which I would also love to add! I've followed every tutorial I can find, verified my game files 1000x, updated 14 separate drivers , replaced a .dll file , deleted a start up preferences file and even updated my startup preferences in Steam. Nothing works and I can ONLY play the compatibility version.
Edit - it's one am and I am really ready to just delete the game entirely at this point! *Frustrated*
If you can play in the compatibility mode, it's still the game. The only difference is, one is 64 bit and the other is 32 bit. The 64bit is monogame itself not the game.

oanayu

Greenhorn
I'm having the same problem and I can't even play it on compatibility mode. I've tried everything and nothing worked. I just recently bought it on PC after playing it vanilla for so long and now I can't even get a refund cause it's been a month already. I've got the specs and everything too. I really don't know what to do at this point.

OhNinety

Newcomer
Anyone still having problems should look for a file named Galaxy64.dll in the main game file. If you see the file, delete and try to relaunch the game. I did this after reading crash logs and determining that this was the problem. I'm sorry if this doesn't solve it for you and I wish you luck.