Issue game crashes when trying to save any file

invasionzames

Greenhorn
This has happened to me twice now. I'll be playing for many hours, and then when I try to save the game it will crash. The save file will then disappear from the game. But if I try and start a BRAND NEW save file, the game will crash when saving THAT file too. I was able to "fix" the problem by completely resetting the game and being forced to delete my 170+ hour save file. But then the same problem happened again, and now when I try deleting everything to fix the game it doesn't work anymore. (i downloaded SMAPI at this time, so maybe that's what's preventing me from deleting everything? To clarify, this problem was occurring before I had SMAPI.)
I've been looking all around the internet but I haven't found any other stories that match my experience exactly. I've never had this problem with any other steam games either.
I'm at a loss at what to do. I really like playing this game, but I don't understand what's wrong. The official guide on how to fix a corrupted save file is useless because NONE of my save files are functional, and I cannot start a new one.
I emailed the official support line but haven't received a response. I'm hoping someone on here could have some ideas on what to do. Thank you.

This is what SMAPI says when the game fails to save:

Attachments

invasionzames

Greenhorn
I wiped the game completely first by deleting every save on my computer (including SMAPI's backups), and then going to the folder with the game's steam number and deleting everything in there. Despite completely resetting the game, this issue is STILL THERE. I cannot play any save file because the game will not save a new file, and any existing files do not show up in the game. I am going to try and wipe the game again by deleting SMAPI first and then redownloading it and see if that does anything, but I don't have much hope.

invasionzames

Greenhorn
I'm gonna try deleting the game and redownlading it, though I don't think that would do anything. It's worth a shot though I guess.

Mayfair

Greenhorn
Hmm, I am not sure perhaps it has something to do with the game itself. A week ago a friend and I were playing together and after an hour of playing her game just disconnected her. She tried everything, restarting the game, her PC, the router, and checking for a problem( you can run a scan in Steam for SDV) and the results were all okay. She could play on a solo farm by herself but she couldn't play on our joint farm. But after a few days, we tried playing again, this time it was 3 of us, and it worked fine. Perhaps download it again, without SMAPI, and if it doesn't work, try waiting for a day or two, maybe there will be an update.

invasionzames

Greenhorn
I completely deleted SMAPI, then deleted SDV and redownloaded it. Then I verified the games files through steam, and it said "0 files failed to validate". I booted up the game and tried to start a new save file, but the issue still happened and the game crashed. This has also been happening to me for over a month at this point, so I doubt it will get better with time? Thanks for commenting though, I really appreciate it.

Mayfair

Greenhorn
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. The only thing left that comes to my mind is that you try to reinstall a new windows
My friend had a problem with his PC when it came to playing LoL and, when he reinstalled the Windows it helped. Hopefully, the problem will go away or be resolved soon.

invasionzames

Greenhorn
I'll consider reinstalling windows if I can't find any other solutions. I'm just apprehensive since I'd have to redownload everything afterwards. Thanks for all your suggestions. <3