Solved Game Crashes When Loading Save Game

Thanks for checking, sound weird because we try to lauch the map from an other pc and the same error appeared.

The ErrorLog say this :
____________________________________________________________________________________

InnerException: System.Exception: The specified Tile Index is out of range
at xTile.Tiles.StaticTile..ctor(Layer layer, TileSheet tileSheet, BlendMode blendMode, Int32 tileIndex) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\xTileSource\xTile\Tiles\StaticTile.cs:line 71
at StardewValley.GameLocation.setMapTile(Int32 tileX, Int32 tileY, Int32 index, String layer, String action, Int32 whichTileSheet) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 12763
at StardewValley.Locations.DecoratableLocation.UpdateFloor(String floor_id) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DecoratableLocation.cs:line 625
at StardewValley.Locations.DecoratableLocation.setFloors() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DecoratableLocation.cs:line 835
at StardewValley.Locations.DecoratableLocation.ReadWallpaperAndFloorTileData() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DecoratableLocation.cs:line 464
at StardewValley.Locations.FarmHouse.<initNetFields>b__17_1(NetInt field, Int32 old_value, Int32 new_value) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe

Game Version: 1.5.5
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: fr
In-game Date: spring 0 Y1 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: null
____________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you so much for the time you spend trying to help me!
Thanks, for the error log.
So, it's showing you're on 1.5.5 still; which would explain the bug. You should update to the current version - ver 1.5.6: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Version_History#1.5.6
There's a compatibility branch for older systems if you need that: https://www.stardewvalley.net/compatibility/

Cbreeze

Greenhorn
I seem to be having a similar problem to everyone. The game loads fine and the save shows up in game. But when I go to launch the save it sits on the loading screen for about 20 seconds. Then the game closes with no error message. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game, restarted my pc, verified the save files on steam. And tried deleting the _old save files. I’m not sure what else to do. Any sort of help

notmajathebee

Newcomer
Hello @MysticTempest seems like you're the savior for all the stardew valley crashes :) Today i was playing around with the files, but stupidly enough, didn't do a backup. I already redone my previous actions where it should work again, but it is still crashing once I try to open my game...
I'm crying inside because I did so much in this world, I definitely learned my lesson, no playing with files unless I made a backup :')
Maybe you have an idea if there is a solution for this problem or if my game should rest in peace :')
Even if you cant help me, you're already the savior of all people on this forum THAANKS a lot!

Last edited:

hannah_ok4

Newcomer
No prob, and thanks for the save. I took a look, and deleted MarlonFay, and a MorrisTod also from SDV Expanded.
It seems to load okay now, but let me know if you come across any other issues.

Oh, and I recreated the other files for the save so I could test in-game. Just in case you're wondering why there's extra files.
Hi! I'm so sorry to bother you, I know you have a lot of other people replying and asking to fix their files lol.
When I go to open any of my save files, it's just and endless "Loading..." and then it crashes. I'm not sure exactly what to send you, but I'll send over my save files, my current on is under Quiet Whisper Farm. Thank you so much!!

Attachments

Delcien

Newcomer
Hi ,

I have the same problem with my save crashing to desktop too, it was working yestday just fine, i dont use any ,mods,could u kindly fix my save file.

Thnx

Delcien

Attachments

zonkmendol

Newcomer
hi Sir @MysticTempest , sorry for bother you, however i also have the same issue: game crashes when i load the saved file. in this case, i TRANSFER my file from MAC to IPAD. the file shows on "LOAD" screen, but whenever it clicked it always go back to the main menu.
may help to take a look, Sir? once again, Appreciate your help!!!

(i zip the file as below)

Attachments

Chivo

Greenhorn
Hello, @MysticTempest

My girlfriend really loves to play Stardew. Her save has been damaged for a couple of weeks. I tried to fix it with this method: Undo the last save
But that isn't work. Please help me to figure out what i have to do to solve this problem and in a future case do it by myself.

The game load until the saves selector, when you select the save the game crash without any error message.
Are here the Logs and the save.

Attachments

Ovis

Greenhorn
Hey, sorry; I'm not as active as I used to be. But, I just saw your PM.

UlyanaLeyana's links to find, and undo the last save are your best option.
As I took a look at the save you sent, and it's missing about 2/3 of the data.

Check, and rollback to the backup file per the instructions UlyanaLeyana sent:
FreyJs_327717244_old
If it's missing, or the rest of the save files are broken. I did splice it together with a new save; to make it load again. See attached file below.
But, it's imperfect.
Since stuff like museum pieces, and bundles were missing their data, and will have to be restarted from scratch.

If the instructions worked for you though; than you can safely ignore the attached file.

Hey MysticTempest, sorry but could you also take a look at mine? I've seen to be having the same problem or at least a similar one, thanks.

Attachments

sleepycell

Newcomer
Hello how are you <3 ^u^ @MysticTempest I was about to play Stardew today but everytime I try to load a file or start a new file my screen is dim as I'm in my house and then just closes out. I play modded and I've looked through each file but I'm unsure what caused this I havent downloaded any new files and it was working just fine last night. I'd REALLY appreciate the help ><

sofa_couch

Greenhorn
I am on my hands and knees begging for anyone to help, I pay with UIInfoSuite2, ConsoleCommands, and the SaveBackup mods. I can open up stardew but if I try and load up any save file it loads for about two seconds and then crashes, I've tried deleting the backups from previous days and nothing works. please please please anyone

Attachments

Grayson18

Newcomer
@MysticTempest I hope all is well, my game was working fine after the new 1.6.4 update but now we the new 1.6.5 update i tried to downloaded the new version of SMAPI 4.0.7 but my game keeps saying its using 4.0.4 and when i open any of my saved games/try to create a new game it just goes to a black screen and then crashes :( any help would be appreciated :)

sofa_couch

Greenhorn
I am on my hands and knees begging for anyone to help, I pay with UIInfoSuite2, ConsoleCommands, and the SaveBackup mods. I can open up stardew but if I try and load up any save file it loads for about two seconds and then crashes, I've tried deleting the backups from previous days and nothing works. please please please anyone
Yall I'm all good now it was just some pain in the ass bugs