Solved Game Crashes When Loading Save Game

Wow, thank you very much. If my farm is recovered. Thank you MysticTempest for helping the community in these problems. Another question, what can be done to avoid these errors?
Thanks for everything, and forgive me for my English, I'm from LATAM.
No prob, I'm happy to help!

For errors like yours; I'm not too sure to be honest. It's more likely a random hiccup with the game. Perhaps your computer doing too much at once, and SDV wasn't able to save completely, or something.
Nothing you can really do; as far as I know.

And, no worries; your english is great!

Hi, I'm experiencing similar crashes when trying to load a saved game as well. Would you be able to kindly take a look?
Hey, I took a quick look at your save and it loads fine for me with SMAPI. But, I see it is modded with SDV Expanded data.
So, either reinstall your SDV Expanded mods, or you can use this edited save below.

I removed a couple of the modded NPCs that cause crashes if SDV Expanded isn't installed; so it should be okay unmodded as well now.

Attachments

Hello, again I have had this error that does not open my game, could you please help me?
Here I rolled it back a day again per the instructions here.
In case you want to try later: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Undo_the_last_save

Oddly, it's the same issue as before; half the save data is missing. Usually, it's a rare occurrence.

Not sure what type of PC you're running, but it happening again so soon could be an indication of some disk issue.
Like low disk space, or other low resources on your machine.

Attachments

mmepug

Newcomer
Hey, I took a quick look at your save and it loads fine for me with SMAPI. But, I see it is modded with SDV Expanded data.
So, either reinstall your SDV Expanded mods, or you can use this edited save below.

I removed a couple of the modded NPCs that cause crashes if SDV Expanded isn't installed; so it should be okay unmodded as well now.
Thank you so much for your time and help!

aloraw29

Greenhorn
Hi! I am having the exact same problem as all the above people, I have attached my save file. Any help would be very very appreciated. Thank you so much! I tried to remove all of the SDVexpanded mod. Here is the error code
InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Gunther.xnb'.
File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Gunther.xnb'
at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.PlatformOpenStream(String safeName) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\TitleContainer.Desktop.cs:line 29
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\TitleContainer.cs:line 37
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 276
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.SaveGame.getLoadEnumerator(String file)+MoveNext() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1578
at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 6307
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4906
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3974
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 1067

Attachments

Hi! I am having the exact same problem as all the above people, I have attached my save file. Any help would be very very appreciated. Thank you so much! I tried to remove all of the SDVexpanded mod. Here is the error code
InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Gunther.xnb'.
File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Gunther.xnb'
Howdy, I'm taking a look now. Looks like you also have some JA mods I need to clear out; besides the SDV Expanded NPCs.

But, if your game is throwing that error; just "Gunther", not "GuntherSilvian".
That's an issue with the vanilla, game files, and you should look into resetting your content files: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Player_Guide/Troubleshooting#Reset_your_content_files

When, I'm finished though; I'll update the post with the fixed save.

Edit: Okay, patched it back to being usable in vanilla, SDV.

Attachments

Last edited:

szczerbatek00

Newcomer
Hi!, I have a similar problem with my save which is crashing, but I just read previous page and I thought it will solve my problem but when I delete some files from my main save, when I start the game and load my save it's loading.. loading.. and crashes again, and when I open the files again these files which I delete before after start game they are back in files and I have no idea what to do. Please help me I had so much things in my save and I really want this back!! ;(

Ps. When I download one save from previous page and put this in my files it did work, but with mine it's still crahsing ;cc

Last edited:
Hi!, I have a similar problem with my save which is crashing, but I just read previous page and I thought it will solve my problem but when I delete some files from my main save, when I start the game and load my save it's loading.. loading.. and crashes again, and when I open the files again these files which I delete before after start game they are back in files and I have no idea what to do. Please help me I had so much things in my save and I really want this back!! ;(

Ps. When I download one save from previous page and put this in my files it did work, but with mine it's still crahsing ;cc
Howdy, depending on why you're crashing; the fix is different. Without an error message I'm unsure which that'd be.
There should be an ErrorLog folder next to the saves folder.

But, feel free to zip up the save, and attach it here. There's an "Attach files" button in the bottom-left corner of the reply box; that you can use.

Thanks for answer;3, There's the save I hope It can be fixed.
No prob.
So, it looks like for you; it was also SDV Expanded NPCs, and custom items in the save.
You should either reinstall SDV Expanded, and the previous mods to continue playing your current save.

Or, here's an edited version of the save with the problematic NPCs removed, and a bunch of the custom items deleted.
So, it should be playable in vanilla.

Attachments

aloraw29

Greenhorn
Howdy, I'm taking a look now. Looks like you also have some JA mods I need to clear out; besides the SDV Expanded NPCs.

But, if your game is throwing that error; just "Gunther", not "GuntherSilvian".
That's an issue with the vanilla, game files, and you should look into resetting your content files: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Player_Guide/Troubleshooting#Reset_your_content_files

When, I'm finished though; I'll update the post with the fixed save.

Edit: Okay, patched it back to being usable in vanilla, SDV.
Thank you so much!! You're a lifesaver :)

qnbvf

Newcomer
Hi, only my recent save file is crashing but its not giving me an error code, its just crashing. I've ran tests on my pc so it has to be in the files but I don't know where to look. Help?

Attachments

Nicostaud

Greenhorn
Hello everyone !
It's seems I have the exact same kind of crash on my save. It was a long time that we played at 2 on it and then, from one day to the next, nothing... What a nightmare!
We didn't know how to fix it, we made the recommanded steps on many forum and wiki but nothing worked..
I will attached the save here, if a hero could show up and save us from long hours of play I would be so grateful!

Attachments

Hi, only my recent save file is crashing but its not giving me an error code, its just crashing. I've ran tests on my pc so it has to be in the files but I don't know where to look. Help?
It looks like your save has some SDV Expanded & RSV NPCs.
Your modded install may have some issues; you can find the log by following the instructions here: https://smapi.io/log/

Hello everyone !
It's seems I have the exact same kind of crash on my save. It was a long time that we played at 2 on it and then, from one day to the next, nothing... What a nightmare!
We didn't know how to fix it, we made the recommanded steps on many forum and wiki but nothing worked..
I will attached the save here, if a hero could show up and save us from long hours of play I would be so grateful!
Your save loads okay for me. Check for any error logs next to the save folder.

Nicostaud

Greenhorn
Thanks for checking, sound weird because we try to lauch the map from an other pc and the same error appeared.

The ErrorLog say this :
____________________________________________________________________________________

InnerException: System.Exception: The specified Tile Index is out of range
at xTile.Tiles.StaticTile..ctor(Layer layer, TileSheet tileSheet, BlendMode blendMode, Int32 tileIndex) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\xTileSource\xTile\Tiles\StaticTile.cs:line 71
at StardewValley.GameLocation.setMapTile(Int32 tileX, Int32 tileY, Int32 index, String layer, String action, Int32 whichTileSheet) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 12763
at StardewValley.Locations.DecoratableLocation.UpdateFloor(String floor_id) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DecoratableLocation.cs:line 625
at StardewValley.Locations.DecoratableLocation.setFloors() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DecoratableLocation.cs:line 835
at StardewValley.Locations.DecoratableLocation.ReadWallpaperAndFloorTileData() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\DecoratableLocation.cs:line 464
at StardewValley.Locations.FarmHouse.<initNetFields>b__17_1(NetInt field, Int32 old_value, Int32 new_value) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\FarmHouse.cs:line 105
at Netcode.NetField`2.Add(T value) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Netcode\NetField.cs:line 378
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read149_Cabin(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read190_GameLocation(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read110_Building(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read113_Farm(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read190_GameLocation(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read237_SaveGame(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read238_SaveGame()
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.SaveGame.getLoadEnumerator(String file)+MoveNext() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1474
at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 6185
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4847
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3934
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 1066
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 814
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 567
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 163

Game Version: 1.5.5
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: fr
In-game Date: spring 0 Y1 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: null
____________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you so much for the time you spend trying to help me!