Favorite video game

It would appear that I need to try Little Dragon Cafe as I've finished MTaP (good progression in that game) and almost finished Slime Rancher.
Little Dragon Cafe is really fun, but it’s kind of slow. I only play when I have a lot of time to burn because, while it gets a little boring at some points, I can never put it down!

Lew Zealand

Helper
IMO Slime Rancher is a vibe game to chill to if you want, but is more gamery if you want that.

Heh, story from memory so could be off a bit:

In Slime Rancher, you're Beatrix, a rancher who's settling in the Far Far Lands. You have access to a small set of farm plots which you need to buy upgrades to in order to farm slimes. The slimes hang out just beyond your farm in an extended canyon-y area filled with different biomes, and you feed them to get them to produce plorts (semi-valuable gems) which you then sell. Food is available in those areas and as you progress in the game, you collect more valuable slimes and food to feed them in order to unlock more areas.

The quests are simple, you can play as long as you want, even just a few minutes at a time, there's a story but it's not super-extensive and you don't get to that until after a bit of early-game expansion. It can be fun just to Farm plorts and the progression system is pretty simple.

It's a 3D game so takes more graphics resources than SDV, so it might not be good enough on a 10 year old laptop. That said, I will try it on a 9-year old one and let you know.

FairyRing

Farmer
IMO Slime Rancher is a vibe game to chill to if you want, but is more gamery if you want that.

Heh, story from memory so could be off a bit:

In Slime Rancher, you're Beatrix, a rancher who's settling in the Far Far Lands. You have access to a small set of farm plots which you need to buy upgrades to in order to farm slimes. The slimes hang out just beyond your farm in an extended canyon-y area filled with different biomes, and you feed them to get them to produce plorts (semi-valuable gems) which you then sell. Food is available in those areas and as you progress in the game, you collect more valuable slimes and food to feed them in order to unlock more areas.

The quests are simple, you can play as long as you want, even just a few minutes at a time, there's a story but it's not super-extensive and you don't get to that until after a bit of early-game expansion. It can be fun just to Farm plorts and the progression system is pretty simple.

It's a 3D game so takes more graphics resources than SDV, so it might not be good enough on a 10 year old laptop. That said, I will try it on a 9-year old one and let you know.
Thanks 👍

Lew Zealand

Helper
Just installed Slime Rancher on a 9 year old Dell Latitude E6440 with Intel HD 4600 Graphics (regular integrated gfx for business laptops) and Slime Rancher works great. Actually better than I was expecting. Set graphics to 1024x768 Low and then Model and Textures to Med and add 2xAA and it looked fine. The game has simple graphics so Low plus these minor changes looks good. I'll likely play it on this machine the next time I have to travel. Along with SDV and Minecraft, of course...

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Just installed Slime Rancher on a 9 year old Dell Latitude E6440 with Intel HD 4600 Graphics (regular integrated gfx for business laptops) and Slime Rancher works great. Actually better than I was expecting. Set graphics to 1024x768 Low and then Model and Textures to Med and add 2xAA and it looked fine. The game has simple graphics so Low plus these minor changes looks good. I'll likely play it on this machine the next time I have to travel. Along with SDV and Minecraft, of course...
FYI Slime Rancher is on sale at GOG.com for $5.99 for the next 2 days. IMO highly recommended.

And yes I certainly did play it on an old Dell Latitude when I was out of town last week. Lots of fun!

This is kinda hard, but I recently play Stellaris a lot and I like how I can make my own federation. So yeah, it is Stellaris then.

Bonus:
Well that one above is for PC. As for mobile, that's easy. It's Arknight.

PinaColada

Greenhorn
I like stardew valley a lot right now snice I recently started playing. But I like Sims 4, COD, and cities skylines.

I don't have a favorite game but rather a handful of favorites that I keep coming back to: Devil May Cry 4 SE; Resident Evil 4 (OG/HD); Hades; Guacamelee!; Soul Calibur II (or VI); and of course, Stardew Valley. I've recently picked up Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and I think it's going to end up on that list. I'm loving it. It's like an awesome 3D metroidvania.^_^

DragonGwen

Farmer
I'm currently playing in a roleplayish world in Minecraft with some friends but I'm also playing Animal Crossing City Folk on my family's 14 year old Wii plus Stardew Valley and some Sims 4 on our PlayStation 4. I'm also planning to get Sea Of Stars for the PlayStation with it sitting on my Christmas list along with Stardew Valley for PC and Minecraft Dungeons as yet another game for the PlayStation
Edit: I remembered that I also play Genshin Impact

Last edited:
Stardew Valley is the only game I'm playing at the moment but I'm tempted to buy Terraria as I know a lot of SV player are into it too.

I'm waiting for the release of the games Witchbrook and also Moonlit Peaks.

I got Terraria a while back, but I didn't see quite as much of a dedicated tutorial as I did with SV, so I got too intimidated to play beyond 14 minutes. lol

I have the same problem with Skyrim. I couldn't make heads or tails of it and felt overwhelmed by the whole thing, so I got almost no traction in it at all.

Favorite genres are RTS, Tower Defense, simulation, puzzle, and RPG

One particular game among several that I invested so very very much of my life into: Aground