Favorite video game

Pingveno

Greenhorn
My favorite videogames are Stardew Valley, Overcooked, Animal crossing and Super Smash bros, I enjoy Stardew and Animal crossing bcs is so relaxing, and if I want to enjoy party games that are short I play Smash and Overcooked for 15-30 minutes :game: :happy:

Other than Stardew Valley, I love The Sims 3, The Binding of Isaac (I am not at all good at it though, but I think the game is very unique and the symbolism is god-tier--literally), Civilization VI, and Don't Starve. Recently I have been enjoying DayZ, or at least watching my husband play it; I'm far too jumpy to play it myself! :laugh:

If I had to pick a single favorite it would probably still be The Legend of Dragoon from PS1, though admittedly there's a lot of nostalgia attached to that haha. It still held up for me when I replayed again last year, but I'm not sure how much so for people more accustomed to modern RPGs. Other favorites are Stardew of course, Dragon Quest Builders (especially 2), Potion Craft, Final Fantasy XIV, and Sims 4. I play a ton of different stuff when I can make time though, from visual novels like Coffee Talk to Monster Hunter to League of Legends!

So I can't say I have an all time favorite but I have a litany of them so I'll make a (semi) short list
  • Chrono Trigger
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Super Marior World
  • Stardew Valley
  • Panzer Dragoon Saga
  • Streets of Rage
  • Final Fantasy
  • Super Metroid
  • Phantasy Star
  • Baldur's Gate
  • The Temple of Elemental Evil
  • Faxanadu
  • Ys Book I & II
  • Prey (2017)
  • Bioshock
Obviously there's many more including different sequels to ones I've listed above i.e. Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy XIV, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past/Link Between Worlds, but I didn't want the post to be completely overwhelming :cool:

Just Stardew Valley right now. But I have lots of games on my Steam wishlist like Haunted Chocolatier (of course!), Witchbrook, Moonlit Peaks, Staxel, Farm Together, Spirittea, Terraria.

@CausticValkyrie Potion Craft sounds interesting - what's it like?
The art style is really gorgeous, it's designed like you play off an ancient manuscript. But essentially it's a game loop of collect or buy ingredients, use them to build paths (different ingredients move your path in a specific pattern) in the cauldron to explore the "potion map" to find things you can make. You can save potions you've made if you buy enough potion book pages to do so, and work toward creating the philosopher's stone and a usable item, philosopher's salt, from it to use in your potions. The potions get more difficult to make as you go essentially, different maps have different obstacles to work around, and which customers you serve and turn away influences what type of customers you get. Sell a lot of potions to thieves and bandits and you'll start to see necromancers and such; sell more potions to villagers and guards who need help, and you'll get more hero types. It's still got a bit of roadmap ahead of it with at least one more potion base with a new map coming, new ingredient types, and such. I could see some people finding it tedious but it hits EXACTLY the right spot for my neurodivergence to be a lovely chill game!

The art style is really gorgeous, it's designed like you play off an ancient manuscript. But essentially it's a game loop of collect or buy ingredients, use them to build paths (different ingredients move your path in a specific pattern) in the cauldron to explore the "potion map" to find things you can make. You can save potions you've made if you buy enough potion book pages to do so, and work toward creating the philosopher's stone and a usable item, philosopher's salt, from it to use in your potions. The potions get more difficult to make as you go essentially, different maps have different obstacles to work around, and which customers you serve and turn away influences what type of customers you get. Sell a lot of potions to thieves and bandits and you'll start to see necromancers and such; sell more potions to villagers and guards who need help, and you'll get more hero types. It's still got a bit of roadmap ahead of it with at least one more potion base with a new map coming, new ingredient types, and such. I could see some people finding it tedious but it hits EXACTLY the right spot for my neurodivergence to be a lovely chill game!
Oh my sounds like a game I'd really get into. The art style sounds beautiful too. Thank you for explaining it.

HI everyone. To be honest, I don't really like modern games. They may have great graphics, but they're kind of soulless. I'm more of a fan of pixelated retro games from our childhood. Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart are timeless video game classics. I'm thinking of ordering 64bit nintendo and pokemon games sale. i think it will be very cool.
That sounds great.

Flutterdoc

Farmhand
What's all of you guys favorite video game? Mine is animal crossing new horizons because it's so relaxing, especially during times like these.
1: Undertale, Stardew Valley, Geometry Dash, Five Nights at Freddys, Deltarune, Henry Stickmin,
2: Terraria, Starbound, Wargroove, Inmost, Milk Outside a Bag Of Milk,

and I can go even more lol

Draconifors

Farmhand
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Not only is a masterpiece of a game, it has also, indirectly, changed my life for the much better.

Bawby

Planter
So I can't say I have an all time favorite but I have a litany of them so I'll make a (semi) short list
  • Chrono Trigger
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Super Marior World
  • Stardew Valley
  • Panzer Dragoon Saga
  • Streets of Rage
  • Final Fantasy
  • Super Metroid
  • Phantasy Star
  • Baldur's Gate
  • The Temple of Elemental Evil
  • Faxanadu
  • Ys Book I & II
  • Prey (2017)
  • Bioshock
Obviously there's many more including different sequels to ones I've listed above i.e. Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy XIV, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past/Link Between Worlds, but I didn't want the post to be completely overwhelming :cool:
Oh, Streets of Rage was my childhood! That and Golden Axe II!

Sucad

Farmhand
I'd say Valheim. Grind, craft, build, grind some more new stuff in a new area, repeat. That's the gist of it.
It's also really nice to look at, and you aren't forced to do anything you don't want to. Some survival games make you eat or die, for example. Valheim doesn't do this. If you don't eat, nothing happens. You can just chill at your base the whole day if you want.
So, I recommend it to anyone into pleasure gaming. Just don't use their servers. They're shi*ty. Slow and worthless. I rent a private one to take full enjoyment from it. It's only $6 a month, so it's not much. I rent it from here, in case anyone might need it. They also offer servers for Palworld and 7dtd for this price.

Last edited:

Draconifors

Farmhand
Valheim doesn't do this. If you don't eat, nothing happens. You can just chill at your base the whole day if you want.
If you don't eat, you get killed very easily. If you chill at your base all day, you'll most likely get raided (unless you've disabled raids). :D

But I also really love Valheim. Close to 2000 hours in it, and although I've not played much recently, once Ashlands comes out (and maybe has some inevitable bug fixes) I'll no doubt jump back in.

Sucad

Farmhand
If you don't eat, you get killed very easily. If you chill at your base all day, you'll most likely get raided (unless you've disabled raids). :D

But I also really love Valheim. Close to 2000 hours in it, and although I've not played much recently, once Ashlands comes out (and maybe has some inevitable bug fixes) I'll no doubt jump back in.
2000?!? Wow that's a bunch no wonder you know that stuff, I only got around a quarter of that play time wow