Mac error installing from steam

NBKT02

Newcomer
I just bought the game on steam but when I go to install in I only get an error message. I've already tried restarting steam as well as my laptop and i'm not sure if this is an issue with stardew, steam, or my computer (2020 macbook air running on OS 12.3). Everything I read said that stardew would be compatible with mac and be able to run but the only thing I can think that might be a compatibility issue is my processor?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hi NBKT02 and Welcome to the Forums!

It could be the M1 processor like you said. Ironically I was supposed to get one of these this week and was gonna test SDV but I'm home sick. I'll poke around here to see what other people have done to get SDV working on an M1 Mac. One thing might be to make sure you're running the most recent version of Monterey, v12.4. Probably won't change anything, but who knows?

Lew Zealand

Helper
I wonder if you could "buy" a free game on Steam, hopefully a small one not to waste your bandwidth and see if Steam can install that one?

Jayamos

Farmer
I‘m running SDV on Steam on an M1 MacBook Air 2020, currently 12.4, but updating worked in 12.3. Not sure whether I was on 12.3 or 12.2 when I originally installed, tho.

NBKT02

Newcomer
i actually don't have the M1 chip, my processor is 1.1GHz dual-core Intel Core i3, Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz, with 4MB L3 cache. Steam says i need 2GHz, ill try updating my mac but it might just be me thanks for the advice