Due to a recent post from Lew Zealand i want to show you the machine shop #3! aka the cindersap forest!

That cindersap forest setup is insane! I would never be able to sustain something like that. Working out where everything can go sounds fun but I would never actually check that many crystalriums. How long did you collect from all those? It's impressive, no matter what!
it's not easy to collect all the diamonds, even if i'm the one who created this mess...but it's possible to manage it in one day if you just focus on that. btw it's 2775 crystalariums with diamonds

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Nice! Mine is much the same but with solar panels and furnaces instead, I only have a couple thousand crystalariums around the map for jades and rubies (as I don’t use diamonds for money) so most of mine are in the desert

Lew Zealand

Helper
Part 1 (from earlier in this thread)

The Dungeon Part 2: Assemble your Party
_____

Leah and Haley glance at each other, neither sure what to do but Abigail seems to have a plan. Leah speaks first.

"Sounds interesting, like the Spirit's Eve corn maze but we make it up as we go?"

"Haven't you played RPGs before?" Abigail asks mostly in the direction of Leah. There was little chance Haley had ever done tabletop or computer gaming but maybe Leah, yeah she could have had friends into it.

"Yeah a long while ago but ah, I'm a little out of practice," admits Leah, not quite making eye contact. In reality she'd sat in and watched and mostly stayed awake but people didn't really explain well what to do. It was all too much at once. She'd felt weirdly out of control with no frame of reference, being tossed in the deep end of your imagination but not shown how to tread thought processes.

"Did you bring extra swords for us?" Haley asks, not sure what it's all about but thinking there's some sort of cosplaying as she notices Abigail is wearing a leather vest-looking thing over her dress instead of the typical denim. It seems solid-looking especially around the waist, doing no favors for Abigail's shape. "That's a new leather vest, isn't it? Leather needs to be broken in sometimes before it gets all comfy."

"It's a cuirass and yeah it's new and could be less stiff, but this is the time to break it in!," Abigail finishes on a high note. "I don't have any other swords and anyway you need training and practice to wield a sword and I have some of both. I should have way more of both but...," her face takes on a dark, annoyed visage as she looks down at the ground. "Dad."

"OK I could get a hammer or a big knife from my cottage," offers Leah brightly to break the mood. "Wait wait, my whittler's shaped like a small sword, that'll work out great!" Leah starts to walk last Abigail to get it but is held back firmly.

Abigail is all business as she looks up to Leah, "it's dangerous in there, we'll need to be cautious while seeking out your weapons cache." She looks into the vast endless warren of machines with narrowed eyes and still holding onto Leah's arm, turns back to her, saying closely, "valuables like those don't go unguarded." She lets Leah go and stands back, turning to Haley.

"And I'm not sure your camera will work as a good weapon," Abigail considers, absently pulling on an earring, "though I suppose the flash could blind onrushing serpents. No! That's defensive, we need offense. Got anything back at basecamp?"

Slightly wide-eyed and blank look from Haley, who glances to Leah looking for help. But Abigail is motivated to make this work, to mold this party into one she can proudly lead. She looks over Haley's shoulder, "back at your house, your base camp," she suggests softly. "D'you have anything that would make a good weapon?"

"Oh!" Quick Haley smile of realization. "Um..." she looks at the house as if the walls are invisible, considering its contents. "Yes, my iron! BRB!" And she rushes off to the house to exchange the camera for something more formidable in hand to hand combat.

Abigail turns to Leah, "I guess it could work as a cudgel? Bonk monsters on the head if they get too close?" She laughs with a thought, "maybe we can use the steam function as a fog bank to escape in a pinch!" She holds an invisible iron straight out, yelling, "pshsshsshsshshshshhshhshhhshhh!" waving the invisible fog machine around her.

Leah was trying to get a feel for this role playing again, not wanting to fall into that feeling of uneasiness about not understanding the "rules", if there even were any. But in a flash of inspiration realizes she could use Haley's very likely complete ignorance of this to ask more questions if needed. For Haley's benefit of course.

Haley returns quickly wearing a long leather overcoat, brandishing... not the iron Abigail was thinking of. "Oh, a curling iron." I said that out loud, didn't I? thinks Abigail. C'mon you can do better than that. "That's perfect, it's long enough to keep the giant rats at a distance." She reaches out to examine it but Haley draws it back in a snap.

"No! It's still hot, I just unplugged it!" Haley exclaims. "After running my ends through it for a few seconds." She absently fluffs the sides of her hair a bit, running her fingers through. "I always keep it at the ready 'cause you just never know, right?" Now turning directly towards Abigail. "And giant rats? Eww."

You did wha- never mind, Abigail thinks. Wait and you keep it turned on--. No stop it stop it, losing focus! "Keep hold of that pike then and the rats won't get you. And its heat should melt any gelatinous cubes we encounter." Abigail notices the faint smell of Haley's hair wafting over from the still-hot iron. I'm pretty sure pikes aren't supposed to be lightly perfumed.

"OK" Abigail starts, "I'll be the dungeon master, guiding our progress and explaining what we're up against. Seb usually does that when we play," Haley's eyebrows raise a hint, "when Sam and I are at his place and we're playing Solarion Chronicles. But finally it's my turn." I swear it looks like Haley's eyebrows went up a bit more, thinks Abigail. Stop focusing on Haley.

"Leah," Abigail addresses Leah as she starts towards the dungeon, "we need to defend you as you're weaponless--"

Leah brings up a pair of fists, "I have these and they've been tested on my Ex recently."

"Ah, ok good!" Abigail recovers quickly from the unexpected display. "That's the kind of morale that guarantees success. But you still don't have armor so you might want to stay behind us and defend from the rear in case we get flanked."

"Let's go in. Haley next to me, Leah following." They take their positions and enter the Dungeon maze, Abigail with sword drawn now, realizing that even though it's not sharp, she might need to be careful with the sword around Haley. Haley seems to be enjoying the whole thing, strapped into her leather coat, brandishing her iron more like a flashlight than anything else.

Leah is less sure but trying to take it easy. No weapon and wearing a simple crop top and pants make her less immersed than the other two but that should soon be remedied, she thinks.

A bewildered squirrel seeking any kind of tree or at least a tall wooden sculpture emerges from around a withered stump ahead on their right and Abby springs into action, "A bugbear appears with huge fangs, threatening your party! Abigail takes initiative and slashes at it for 4 damage!" Abigail swings her sword mostly in the direction of the squirrel but more mostly not in the general direction of Haley.

The squirrel is already long gone to their left having found its long lost tree. "It retreats, licking its wounds and will think twice about attacking an adventuring party again!," Abigail declares.

"This is fun! You're good at this," Haley says with wide eyes as they proceed, turning the corner to the left. "I wanna try the next one!"

"Did anyone pack adventuring rations?" Abigail asks suddenly. "A party can't travel on an empty stomach!"

"No..." answers Leah slowly, "but I just realized we can still forage for food as it's Salmonberry seaso--"

Abby cut Leah off. "There's no foraging seasons in dungeons! These are the carcasses of slain enemies we must nourish ourselves on."

"OK. More gross." Haley states flatly.

Abigail gets in Haley's face a bit and nods with a knowing grin. "Yep that's the idea, but we didn't pack anything so it's goblin entrails or nothing." She walks purposefully over to the bush, grabbed a handful of salmonberries and shoves some of them into her mouth, making a spectacle of chewing them.

They were... not great. Abby's face reflects this as Haley watches with a mixture of curiosity and fascination. And a bit of revulsion. In contrast, Leah is popping the berries into her mouth one by one, finally enjoying herself. This time of year is always a treat, she considers while munching. Goblin Entrail season, who knew?

Inspiration flashing, Abby crunches the berries, letting pieces and juice fall from her mouth down to the ground, avoiding the need to eat the rest. But not before hitting her cuirass, leaving...

Leah's eyes bug as she says through a mouthful, "Noff you'll shtain th' leather!" She loses a berry or two to the dungeon floor.

Abby flinches for a second, realizing her new cosplay outfit was getting...

Broken in with her enemies' blood. As it should be. A clean suit of armor has seen no adventuring, an embarassment to the true warrior.

"Oopth," Abby says, letting the last of the entrails fall from her mouth to her chest and the ground, leaving more stains in the leather. This cuirass is starting to look good.

Haley is subconsciously backing away from this spectacle as none of that will be touching her overcoat. She started regretting bringing it but didn't want to risk an Abby overreaction so offers, "I'll grab some for the road," and stuffs a few berries into a plastic bag she'd stashed in a coat pocket with a compact, lipstick and other necessities. Pockets are wasted if you leave them empty.

"Shall we continue?" Leah offers and starts around the corner to her front door but Abby quickly grabs her sword and leaps ahead.

"Haley, guard the rear!" Abby barks as she gestures with her sword down the narrowing dungeon hall to the east past the house. Haley hops into place, waving her iron around straightarmed. "There could be anything down that hall of darkness, Leah! We need you in one piece for the rest of this campaign."

"Ah sorry," Leah pauses for a second. "I... have pretty good night vision so it seemed mostly clear." Not a lie, she often turned off the lights to her house and went out to look at the stars at night, and was now quite used to seeing with the faint background light leaking westward from town on dark evenings. Getting used to the dark was not about somehow seeing more, rather it was trusting what you can see and familiarity with your surroundings.

"Infravision! Your special ability, you must be an Elf!" Abby cries excitedly, turning back to look at Leah, who was startled back to the present from her thoughts. "You'll need to scout once we get you outfitted. Speaking of which, can you cast the spell to open this locked dungeon room?"

They had arrived at Leah's house. With a quick incantation and using her personal set of lockpicks, Leah unlocked it but Abby quickly grabbed her hand away from the door and slowly opened it with sword drawn.

"Could be anything in there." A smile curled from the corners of Abby's mouth as she took a couple of careful steps inside, continuing, "giant rats, gelatinous cubes, decaying zombies, piles of rotting meat, ghosts of old girlfrien--"

"Alright! Enough!" Leah cut Abby off and shoved her aside to go in. "Har har, you've had your fun just don't drip any blood on my floor from those teensy mosquitoes you killed!" Haley was snorting at the whole scene but still waving her curling iron lazily about, backing into the cottage dungeon.

"OK ok." Abby agreed, assuming her all-business face again. "Gear up, you have a sword hidden in this cache somewhere." Leah was already grabbing her whittler which was barely bigger than a dagger. "Hm that's good, we can use that! A dagger or shortsword will make quick meatcubes of our enemies!"

Leah also found her leather bib apron and put it on. Abby considers their party. Looking at Leah, she commented, "that's good, the bare midriff was giving me vibes of fantasy book cover women with completely useless 'armor' that covers nothing and advertises everything."

"So instead we're 3 women in leather?" asks Haley with a smirk as she hangs her now cool iron from a belt loop on her coat.

"Leather armor." Abby emphasizes, not rising to the bait. "OK it would be better if we had chain. Or even plate but yeah not much chance of finding that just laying about in some moldy old dungeon," she finishes, looking around in vain.

Leah attempts to ignore Abby while following Haley who broke from the group to head to the kitchenette. "Like these plates?" Haley grabs 2 dinner plates from the drying rack. She looks at them and holds them out facing Abby strategically, saying, "to protect certain areas?"

Abby purses her lips, annoyance creeping in again. "Well, yes but also everywhere," Abby responds. "And not dinner plates! Usually solid metal shaped to fit."

"Oh, ok that makes sense," Haley starts, "plates looked uncomfortable, I was thinking I'd need bowls or something," she adds, turning back to replace the dishes. Behind Haley's back Abby curls her lip, tilting her head side to side and mouthing silent words in a mocking fashion while turning to Leah, who just shakes her head.

Abby takes a deep breath, clearing her head as Haley returns and they walk to the door. Her focus has slipped a bit but Leah and especially Haley don't have much experience and they do look interested. They all have weapons and armor. That is a surprisingly good start.

"OK ladies, it's time for us to kick butt." Abby announces. "More butt! We're well equipped. We can see our way ahead and can find food," nodding to Leah. "We can melt enemies from a distance with weapons or looks," nodding to Haley. "We can poke numerous holes in their pathetic hides," she tapped her sword on the floor as quarters were on the tight side for dramatic swings.

"Let's boogie!"

Abby swings the door open and they re-enter the dungeon with purpose in search of fame, wealth, and if all goes well, the evil Wizard.

Part 1 (from earlier in this thread)

The Dungeon Part 2: Assemble your Party
_____

Leah and Haley glance at each other, neither sure what to do but Abigail seems to have a plan. Leah speaks first.

"Sounds interesting, like the Spirit's Eve corn maze but we make it up as we go?"

"Haven't you played RPGs before?" Abigail asks mostly in the direction of Leah. There was little chance Haley had ever done tabletop or computer gaming but maybe Leah, yeah she could have had friends into it.

"Yeah a long while ago but ah, I'm a little out of practice," admits Leah, not quite making eye contact. In reality she'd sat in and watched and mostly stayed awake but people didn't really explain well what to do. It was all too much at once. She'd felt weirdly out of control with no frame of reference, being tossed in the deep end of your imagination but not shown how to tread thought processes.

"Did you bring extra swords for us?" Haley asks, not sure what it's all about but thinking there's some sort of cosplaying as she notices Abigail is wearing a leather vest-looking thing over her dress instead of the typical denim. It seems solid-looking especially around the waist, doing no favors for Abigail's shape. "That's a new leather vest, isn't it? Leather needs to be broken in sometimes before it gets all comfy."

"It's a cuirass and yeah it's new and could be less stiff, but this is the time to break it in!," Abigail finishes on a high note. "I don't have any other swords and anyway you need training and practice to wield a sword and I have some of both. I should have way more of both but...," her face takes on a dark, annoyed visage as she looks down at the ground. "Dad."

"OK I could get a hammer or a big knife from my cottage," offers Leah brightly to break the mood. "Wait wait, my whittler's shaped like a small sword, that'll work out great!" Leah starts to walk last Abigail to get it but is held back firmly.

Abigail is all business as she looks up to Leah, "it's dangerous in there, we'll need to be cautious while seeking out your weapons cache." She looks into the vast endless warren of machines with narrowed eyes and still holding onto Leah's arm, turns back to her, saying closely, "valuables like those don't go unguarded." She lets Leah go and stands back, turning to Haley.

"And I'm not sure your camera will work as a good weapon," Abigail considers, absently pulling on an earring, "though I suppose the flash could blind onrushing serpents. No! That's defensive, we need offense. Got anything back at basecamp?"

Slightly wide-eyed and blank look from Haley, who glances to Leah looking for help. But Abigail is motivated to make this work, to mold this party into one she can proudly lead. She looks over Haley's shoulder, "back at your house, your base camp," she suggests softly. "D'you have anything that would make a good weapon?"

"Oh!" Quick Haley smile of realization. "Um..." she looks at the house as if the walls are invisible, considering its contents. "Yes, my iron! BRB!" And she rushes off to the house to exchange the camera for something more formidable in hand to hand combat.

Abigail turns to Leah, "I guess it could work as a cudgel? Bonk monsters on the head if they get too close?" She laughs with a thought, "maybe we can use the steam function as a fog bank to escape in a pinch!" She holds an invisible iron straight out, yelling, "pshsshsshsshshshshhshhshhhshhh!" waving the invisible fog machine around her.

Leah was trying to get a feel for this role playing again, not wanting to fall into that feeling of uneasiness about not understanding the "rules", if there even were any. But in a flash of inspiration realizes she could use Haley's very likely complete ignorance of this to ask more questions if needed. For Haley's benefit of course.

Haley returns quickly wearing a long leather overcoat, brandishing... not the iron Abigail was thinking of. "Oh, a curling iron." I said that out loud, didn't I? thinks Abigail. C'mon you can do better than that. "That's perfect, it's long enough to keep the giant rats at a distance." She reaches out to examine it but Haley draws it back in a snap.

"No! It's still hot, I just unplugged it!" Haley exclaims. "After running my ends through it for a few seconds." She absently fluffs the sides of her hair a bit, running her fingers through. "I always keep it at the ready 'cause you just never know, right?" Now turning directly towards Abigail. "And giant rats? Eww."

You did wha- never mind, Abigail thinks. Wait and you keep it turned on--. No stop it stop it, losing focus! "Keep hold of that pike then and the rats won't get you. And its heat should melt any gelatinous cubes we encounter." Abigail notices the faint smell of Haley's hair wafting over from the still-hot iron. I'm pretty sure pikes aren't supposed to be lightly perfumed.

"OK" Abigail starts, "I'll be the dungeon master, guiding our progress and explaining what we're up against. Seb usually does that when we play," Haley's eyebrows raise a hint, "when Sam and I are at his place and we're playing Solarion Chronicles. But finally it's my turn." I swear it looks like Haley's eyebrows went up a bit more, thinks Abigail. Stop focusing on Haley.

"Leah," Abigail addresses Leah as she starts towards the dungeon, "we need to defend you as you're weaponless--"

Leah brings up a pair of fists, "I have these and they've been tested on my Ex recently."

"Ah, ok good!" Abigail recovers quickly from the unexpected display. "That's the kind of morale that guarantees success. But you still don't have armor so you might want to stay behind us and defend from the rear in case we get flanked."

"Let's go in. Haley next to me, Leah following." They take their positions and enter the Dungeon maze, Abigail with sword drawn now, realizing that even though it's not sharp, she might need to be careful with the sword around Haley. Haley seems to be enjoying the whole thing, strapped into her leather coat, brandishing her iron more like a flashlight than anything else.

Leah is less sure but trying to take it easy. No weapon and wearing a simple crop top and pants make her less immersed than the other two but that should soon be remedied, she thinks.

A bewildered squirrel seeking any kind of tree or at least a tall wooden sculpture emerges from around a withered stump ahead on their right and Abby springs into action, "A bugbear appears with huge fangs, threatening your party! Abigail takes initiative and slashes at it for 4 damage!" Abigail swings her sword mostly in the direction of the squirrel but more mostly not in the general direction of Haley.

The squirrel is already long gone to their left having found its long lost tree. "It retreats, licking its wounds and will think twice about attacking an adventuring party again!," Abigail declares.

"This is fun! You're good at this," Haley says with wide eyes as they proceed, turning the corner to the left. "I wanna try the next one!"

"Did anyone pack adventuring rations?" Abigail asks suddenly. "A party can't travel on an empty stomach!"

"No..." answers Leah slowly, "but I just realized we can still forage for food as it's Salmonberry seaso--"

Abby cut Leah off. "There's no foraging seasons in dungeons! These are the carcasses of slain enemies we must nourish ourselves on."

"OK. More gross." Haley states flatly.

Abigail gets in Haley's face a bit and nods with a knowing grin. "Yep that's the idea, but we didn't pack anything so it's goblin entrails or nothing." She walks purposefully over to the bush, grabbed a handful of salmonberries and shoves some of them into her mouth, making a spectacle of chewing them.

They were... not great. Abby's face reflects this as Haley watches with a mixture of curiosity and fascination. And a bit of revulsion. In contrast, Leah is popping the berries into her mouth one by one, finally enjoying herself. This time of year is always a treat, she considers while munching. Goblin Entrail season, who knew?

Inspiration flashing, Abby crunches the berries, letting pieces and juice fall from her mouth down to the ground, avoiding the need to eat the rest. But not before hitting her cuirass, leaving...

Leah's eyes bug as she says through a mouthful, "Noff you'll shtain th' leather!" She loses a berry or two to the dungeon floor.

Abby flinches for a second, realizing her new cosplay outfit was getting...

Broken in with her enemies' blood. As it should be. A clean suit of armor has seen no adventuring, an embarassment to the true warrior.

"Oopth," Abby says, letting the last of the entrails fall from her mouth to her chest and the ground, leaving more stains in the leather. This cuirass is starting to look good.

Haley is subconsciously backing away from this spectacle as none of that will be touching her overcoat. She started regretting bringing it but didn't want to risk an Abby overreaction so offers, "I'll grab some for the road," and stuffs a few berries into a plastic bag she'd stashed in a coat pocket with a compact, lipstick and other necessities. Pockets are wasted if you leave them empty.

"Shall we continue?" Leah offers and starts around the corner to her front door but Abby quickly grabs her sword and leaps ahead.

"Haley, guard the rear!" Abby barks as she gestures with her sword down the narrowing dungeon hall to the east past the house. Haley hops into place, waving her iron around straightarmed. "There could be anything down that hall of darkness, Leah! We need you in one piece for the rest of this campaign."

"Ah sorry," Leah pauses for a second. "I... have pretty good night vision so it seemed mostly clear." Not a lie, she often turned off the lights to her house and went out to look at the stars at night, and was now quite used to seeing with the faint background light leaking westward from town on dark evenings. Getting used to the dark was not about somehow seeing more, rather it was trusting what you can see and familiarity with your surroundings.

"Infravision! Your special ability, you must be an Elf!" Abby cries excitedly, turning back to look at Leah, who was startled back to the present from her thoughts. "You'll need to scout once we get you outfitted. Speaking of which, can you cast the spell to open this locked dungeon room?"

They had arrived at Leah's house. With a quick incantation and using her personal set of lockpicks, Leah unlocked it but Abby quickly grabbed her hand away from the door and slowly opened it with sword drawn.

"Could be anything in there." A smile curled from the corners of Abby's mouth as she took a couple of careful steps inside, continuing, "giant rats, gelatinous cubes, decaying zombies, piles of rotting meat, ghosts of old girlfrien--"

"Alright! Enough!" Leah cut Abby off and shoved her aside to go in. "Har har, you've had your fun just don't drip any blood on my floor from those teensy mosquitoes you killed!" Haley was snorting at the whole scene but still waving her curling iron lazily about, backing into the cottage dungeon.

"OK ok." Abby agreed, assuming her all-business face again. "Gear up, you have a sword hidden in this cache somewhere." Leah was already grabbing her whittler which was barely bigger than a dagger. "Hm that's good, we can use that! A dagger or shortsword will make quick meatcubes of our enemies!"

Leah also found her leather bib apron and put it on. Abby considers their party. Looking at Leah, she commented, "that's good, the bare midriff was giving me vibes of fantasy book cover women with completely useless 'armor' that covers nothing and advertises everything."

"So instead we're 3 women in leather?" asks Haley with a smirk as she hangs her now cool iron from a belt loop on her coat.

"Leather armor." Abby emphasizes, not rising to the bait. "OK it would be better if we had chain. Or even plate but yeah not much chance of finding that just laying about in some moldy old dungeon," she finishes, looking around in vain.

Leah attempts to ignore Abby while following Haley who broke from the group to head to the kitchenette. "Like these plates?" Haley grabs 2 dinner plates from the drying rack. She looks at them and holds them out facing Abby strategically, saying, "to protect certain areas?"

Abby purses her lips, annoyance creeping in again. "Well, yes but also everywhere," Abby responds. "And not dinner plates! Usually solid metal shaped to fit."

"Oh, ok that makes sense," Haley starts, "plates looked uncomfortable, I was thinking I'd need bowls or something," she adds, turning back to replace the dishes. Behind Haley's back Abby curls her lip, tilting her head side to side and mouthing silent words in a mocking fashion while turning to Leah, who just shakes her head.

Abby takes a deep breath, clearing her head as Haley returns and they walk to the door. Her focus has slipped a bit but Leah and especially Haley don't have much experience and they do look interested. They all have weapons and armor. That is a surprisingly good start.

"OK ladies, it's time for us to kick butt." Abby announces. "More butt! We're well equipped. We can see our way ahead and can find food," nodding to Leah. "We can melt enemies from a distance with weapons or looks," nodding to Haley. "We can poke numerous holes in their pathetic hides," she tapped her sword on the floor as quarters were on the tight side for dramatic swings.

"Let's boogie!"

Abby swings the door open and they re-enter the dungeon with purpose in search of fame, wealth, and if all goes well, the evil Wizard.
absolutely insane! as i saw the long text i thought well better read that in a better mood, but i was so curious about it. and i have no regrets! this is so funny, as i said in the previous part of this adventure the characters are so well depicted! especially abby which i married because she's the best: plays the guitar (like a rock star) enjoys playing video games and loves animals! had to google and learned a lot of nice vocabulary while reading this: "cuirass", "whittler", "cudgel", "entrails" 😆 that was funny, "revulsion", "teensy", "midriff", "leather apron" and the best one was "curling iron" 😆😆😆 that was defintitely one of the best parts, made me smile instantly while reading this. especially the part with the smell. never had a girlfriend who used these but i can remember the smell of burnt hair as a kid while i was in a hair salon with my mom waiting for her. these machines there, the smell was horrible :-) storyboard is also great, and i don't want to spoil anything, so i'm going to ask you the rest via mail! but to anyone reading this, i assume the plot will get more tense from now on! anyways THANKS to you for great sequel of this story, I LOVE IT :heart::heart::heart: :stardrop::stardrop::stardrop: and hope there will be another one!

Lew Zealand

Helper
The Dungeon Part 3, The Crawl Starts

Abigail's Dungeon Master announcements to the group are in italics
_____

As the adventuring trio exits the relative safety of their Weapons Cache, Abigail announces:

The Party emerges into the surprisingly warm dungeon... [this cuirass could use some ventilation, she thinks] ...and turns west, heading deeper into the maze of uncertainty. They hear faint noises echoing towards them from a distant location ahead in the gloom as Leah attempts to discern its nature.

Abigail gestures Leah to take the lead. Glancing at Haley bit self-consciously as she walks to the head of the group, Leah asks Abigail in a whisper,

"Do I make stuff up or do you?" Please be Abby please be Abby, she mentally pleads.

"Oops, yes. Well I'll say what you see and I'll describe the monsters." Abigail turns to Haley and misses Leah's sigh of relief and general slackening of body tension. Leah didn't even realize she'd already tensed up. Abby continues, "but you two... and me! answer them or interact or swing a sword or run screaming." Abigail pauses, all business again. "Strike that! There will be no running screaming, that's for the boys."

Haley was still waving her curling iron about, not sure what this was really all about yet but willing to play along if it had the potential to be like a drama club thing.

They resume walking west. The odd noises become louder, sounding like cracking or popping. Toc! .... Crick! ...... Poc! As the Party emerges into the dim light of a standing torch, Leah spots 2 skeletons at the far end of the clearing dong what looks like...

yoga.

She cautions the party to approach slowly.

Leah points to the far end of the small clearing, looking at Abigail who nods.

Skeleton 1 says, "Really? I thought I was the only one with those. D'ya think bone spurs might work on a skeleton horse?" Skeleton 2 responds, "Already tried it, horse was ticklish so instead of going faster, all I got was tossed to the ground in a pile and stomped by a stupid giggling horse. Took my cousin 6 hours to put me back together though I think he got my left elbow backwards. Makes it easier to scratch my backbone though!" It demonstrates while Skeleton 1 raises his missing nose. "I smell..." "Worse than when alive!," interjects Skeleton 2. "Shut up Maurice!" Skeleton 1 retorts, "I smell flesh."

The 2 Skeletons straighten up and turn to the Party, each grabbing a stray bone from a pile as a makeshift club. Both are cracking their joints deliberately. That echoing sound from before. Skeleton 1 continues, "Visitors? I haven't seen visitors since I was merely a zombie." Skeleton 2 rounds on 1, "You didn't tell me you used to be more corporeal! I was boiled into this state, never had any undead flesh!" It sticks its jaw out in an unmistakable skeleton pout. "Cheater." Skeleton 1 is becoming quite annoyed, turning to 2, "Shut up Maurice! It's time to deal with these soft sacks of squishy slime." The skeletons approach the party, continuing to pop their joints: necks, fingers, elbows (1 disconcertingly backwards), knees, toes, sternum and even nosebone once or twice. Haley notices they almost seem like nervous tics instead of something threatening.

The party backs away a bit at the advance, observing. But then Abby rushes in with a sword swing, knocking the skeletons back in surprise.

Abigail runs ahead 2 steps and swings her sword but stops abruptly, turning to Leah and Haley who's eyes had been swinging between the imagined encounter spot and Abigail's description. A little embarrassed, she says,"Um, yeah I didn't bring any dice so we're just gonna have to make up what damage we do. There's all sorts of rules and buffs and nerfs but we should probably go simple and I'll figure what damage we do and take."

Haley asks, "So they're people skeletons? That's kinda creepy. The horse skeleton is weird, are there like mouse skeletons or--"

Abigail cuts her off with waving hands and an excited look, this interaction is what she wants. "Ask the skellys!" Haley's eyebrows are up, uncertain. "Ask the skeletons," Abigail encourages, announcing, "back in the Dungeon!" and gestures to Haley.

Haley opens her mouth to ask, looking at Abigail who points over to the far side of the small clearing where the imagined action is happening. Mouth still open, she turns to the Skeletons, "Eh sooo... are there any other kinds of skeletons?"

The Skeletons are gathering themselves after Abigail's swift attack, and 2 answers, "I got a horse, maybe you overheard that bit, Miss Nosey." He sticks his finger through his nose hole a few times and Skeleton 1 follows suit. It seems almost rude.

"Abigail!" Leah says in surprise but Abby is already giggling.

Haley smirks but continues, nonplussed, "OK but do you have skeleton mice and skeleton sloths, skeleton squirrels... skeleton chickens?"

Skeleton 1's jawbone goes slack for a second or two, flabbergasted. "That's... that's disrespectful, that is! Maurice, let 'em have it!" Both Skeletons rush the party with their bone clubs raised. Abby is ready with her sword!

Abigail again hops ahead of Haley and Leah, brandishing her Sword and after a short delay of recognition, Leah and Haley are beside her, Whittler and Iron drawn.

The Party engages with the Skeletons and the Skellys are reduced to a clatter of bones in a few seconds. Abby takes a bone to the knee during the skirmish, Abigail makes a pop sound with her finger in her mouth, and muses that had it been an arrow, it could have ended her adventuring career forever.

The Party has survived its first major encounter. Haley's Charisma skill increases and Leah's Intelligence. Abby gains some Dexterity. Abby slowly approaches the far corner and discovers a small chest.

Haley asks, "A chest... of drawers?"

"No, like a treasure chest." Leah answers. This is something she remembers well. "It's kind of a Role Playing Game trope. You can also rifle through the bad guys' pockets too if you want to find more loot."

"Yeah I won't be touching any part of dead whatevers," Haley says with a small shudder. "You can do that. Anyway skeletons probably don't have pockets, right?"

"That's why they need the chest!" Abigail says brightly. "You're getting this down now."

Abby checks and the chest doesn't look trapped so she opens it. Meh only a little silver, not even any gold. Skellys have few needs so aren't great hoarders. The way south seems brighter and follows an underground river so the party heads that way. The smell of the river is horrible, it's best avoided but at least the corridor is wider here and the party can see another chest under a lone tree growing on a small island in the river. The bridge is old and rickety but will probably hold one adventurer's weight at a time.

"Shall we cross the River of Fetid Decomposition," Abigail asks, "and see what's up with the Tree and it's pet chest?"

"It's not that bad--" Leah starts to defend her former river, but catches herself, "--that... far away and the bridge looks OK enough." If she pushes me in the water, this Whittler will end up-- Leah thinks, but that doesn't seem what Abby's going for. "Want to go first, Haley?" Leah offers with a sweet smile.

"That's very thoughtful," Haley ponders, "but you figured the bridge is good so you can try it out first." The smile reflected back.

Leah heads over the bridge with no shenanigans from Abigail and Haley follows. "Want to check out the chest?" Abigail calls as she starts over the bridge.

"OK," Haley responds and mimes opening the chest under the tree.

As Haley leans over to open the suspicious chest--

"Suspicious?! You didn't say suspicious!" Haley blurts out.

--it opens on it's own to reveal rows of sharp teeth that try to bite her hand and anything else in range.

Haley yelps, retracting her arm reflexively and jumps backwards, almost knocking Abigail over as she arrives on the now-crowded island. She's completely forgotten about her Iron which hangs limply in one hand.

The Mimic snarls and snaps it's mouth open and shut and tries to grab anyone in the party but they're all out of range as it's stuck in place.

"Mimic!" Leah shouts, "ooo sneaky!"

"Is it a chest or a monster or what?" Haley asks, still agitated.

"In character, Haley. Ask it." Abigail suggests.

"What are you, a fake chest or a monster or what?" Haley spits out reflexively, again not sure about this whole endeavor.

"I'm Edna," the Mimic answers, "Monsters have names too, you know. Always with a general description and never addressed by name. 'Oooooh, they all look alike' you adventurers always say. 'Look it's a Mimic, look it's a Skeleton, oh that's a Gnoll over there' but do you ever ask for a name? No!

And you wonder why monsters are so ill-tempered. We have a right to get angry about the treatment we get by you lot.

"I don't remember that other RPG going like this," Leah says with a smile. "There were fewer... conversations. With the bad things."

"Oh! She's calling us bad things!" the Mimic is acting offended. "Can you believe it? So judgemental. I'd shake my head in dismay if I had a neck."

"You tried to bite me!" Haley retorts.

"No. Naawwwww," the Mimic denies, "I was just... having a sniff, you smelled a whole lot less wonderfully putrid than this river I'm stuck in the middle of and I was reveling in how awful your stench was. If you taste even half as bad as you smell... well then I'd lose my lunch."

"That lunch being you of course. Oh, and your malodorous party. Bleah, could you stand about 2 steps back, I'm downwind here."

"That would put us..." Leah started, "Oh haa haa, in the river. What are you, a comedian?"

"A connoisseur," the Mimic answers with an air of sophistication. "It would improve your aroma considerably." The Mimic sighs, an impressive sight with such a big mouth. "But maybe I lie just a little because I really want to be an investment banker. I mean I'm shaped like a chest, probably filled with gold, right? It's important to know what to do with all that wealth. Look I can share it with you if you help me out, I have gold, come grab some from my pockets."

"No, why don't you come over here," Haley offers.

"I don't want to, I was here first!" the Mimic replies petulantly. "I haven't eaten in weeks, c'mon over and play nice." Abigail leads the party along the island's edge as they pass by the Mimic, out of range of it's wet, slimy tongue grasping at empty air.

Haley shudders, mumbling, "Gross."

Abigail, Leah, and Haley cross the second footbridge towards a wall of purple broken only by a small entrance at the bridge's end.

The party has become accustomed to open spaces and disgusting smells, and has been lulled into a sense of security. But what lies ahead looks dark, cramped and foreboding. What could await them in the unknown on the far side of the River of Necrotic Putrescence?

Haley, "Double Gross."

Leah, to Abigail, "You're enjoying this quite a bit aren't you?"

Abigail is brandishing a huge, toothy Cheshire Cat smile below bright, glittering eyes.

Last edited:
The Dungeon Part 3, The Crawl Starts (Dungeon Master Abigail announcements in italics)
_____

As the adventuring trio exits the relative safety of their Weapons Cache, Abigail announces:

The Party emerges into the surprisingly warm dungeon... [this cuirass could use some ventilation, she thinks] ...and turns west, heading deeper into the maze of uncertainty. They hear faint noises echoing towards them from a distant location ahead in the gloom as Leah attempts to discern its nature.

Abigail gestures Leah to take the lead. Glancing at Haley bit self-consciously as she walks to the head of the group, Leah asks Abigail in a whisper,

"Do I make stuff up or do you?" Please be Abby please be Abby, she mentally pleads.

"Oops, yes. Well I'll say what you see and I'll describe the monsters." Abigail turns to Haley and misses Leah's sigh of relief and general slackening of body tension. Leah didn't even realize she'd already tensed up. Abby continues, "but you two... and me! answer them or interact or swing a sword or run screaming." Abigail pauses, all business again. "Strike that! There will be no running screaming, that's for the boys."

Haley was still waving her curling iron about, not sure what this was really all about yet but willing to play along if it had the potential to be like a drama club thing.

They resume walking west. The odd noises become louder, sounding like cracking or popping. Toc! .... Crick! ...... Poc! As the Party emerges into the dim light of a standing torch, Leah spots 2 skeletons at the far end of the clearing dong what looks like...

yoga.

She cautions the party to approach slowly.

Leah points to the far end of the small clearing, looking at Abigail who nods.

Skeleton 1 says, "Really? I thought I was the only one with those. D'ya think bone spurs might work on a skeleton horse?" Skeleton 2 responds, "Already tried it, horse was ticklish so instead of going faster, all I got was tossed to the ground in a pile and stomped by a stupid giggling horse. Took my cousin 6 hours to put me back together though I think he got my left elbow backwards. Makes it easier to scratch my backbone though!" It demonstrates while Skeleton 1 raises his missing nose. "I smell..." "Worse than when alive!," interjects Skeleton 2. "Shut up Maurice!" Skeleton 1 retorts, "I smell flesh."

The 2 Skeletons straighten up and turn to the Party, each grabbing a stray bone from a pile as a makeshift club. Both are cracking their joints deliberately. That echoing sound from before. Skeleton 1 continues, "Visitors? I haven't seen visitors since I was merely a zombie." Skeleton 2 rounds on 1, "You didn't tell me you used to be more corporeal! I was boiled into this state, never had any undead flesh!" It sticks its jaw out in an unmistakable skeleton pout. "Cheater." Skeleton 1 is becoming quite annoyed, turning to 2, "Shut up Maurice! It's time to deal with these soft sacks of squishy slime." The skeletons approach the party, continuing to pop their joints: necks, fingers, elbows (1 disconcertingly backwards), knees, toes, sternum and even nosebone once or twice. Haley notices they almost seem like nervous tics instead of something threatening.

The party backs away a bit at the advance, observing. But then Abby rushes in with a sword swing, knocking the skeletons back in surprise.

Abigail runs ahead 2 steps and swings her sword but stops abruptly, turning to Leah and Haley who's eyes had been swinging between the imagined encounter spot and Abigail's description. A little embarrassed, she says,"Um, yeah I didn't bring any dice so we're just gonna have to make up what damage we do. There's all sorts of rules and buffs and nerfs but we should probably go simple and I'll figure what damage we do and take."

Haley asks, "So they're people skeletons? That's kinda creepy. The horse skeleton is weird, are there like mouse skeletons or--"

Abigail cuts her off with waving hands and an excited look, this interaction is what she wants. "Ask the skellys!" Haley's eyebrows are up, uncertain. "Ask the skeletons," Abigail encourages, announcing, "back in the Dungeon!" and gestures to Haley.

Haley opens her mouth to ask, looking at Abigail who points over to the far side of the small clearing where the imagined action is happening. Mouth still open, she turns to the Skeletons, "Eh sooo... are there any other kinds of skeletons?"

The Skeletons are gathering themselves after Abigail's swift attack, and 2 answers, "I got a horse, maybe you overheard that bit, Miss Nosey." He sticks his finger through his nose hole a few times and Skeleton 1 follows suit. It seems almost rude.

"Abigail!" Leah says in surprise but Abby is already giggling.

Haley smirks but continues, nonplussed, "OK but do you have skeleton mice and skeleton sloths, skeleton squirrels... skeleton chickens?"

Skeleton 1's jawbone goes slack for a second or two, flabbergasted. "That's... that's disrespectful, that is! Maurice, let 'em have it!" Both Skeletons rush the party with their bone clubs raised. Abby is ready with her sword!

Abigail again hops ahead of Haley and Leah, brandishing her Sword and after a short delay of recognition, Leah and Haley are beside her, Whittler and Iron drawn.

The Party engages with the Skeletons and the Skellys are reduced to a clatter of bones in a few seconds. Abby takes a bone to the knee during the skirmish, Abigail makes a pop sound with her finger in her mouth, and muses that had it been an arrow, it could have ended her adventuring career forever.

The Party has survived its first major encounter. Haley's Charisma skill increases and Leah's Intelligence. Abby gains some Dexterity. Abby slowly approaches the far corner and discovers a small chest.

Haley asks, "A chest... of drawers?"

"No, like a treasure chest." Leah answers. This is something she remembers well. "It's kind of a Role Playing Game trope. You can also rifle through the bad guys' pockets too if you want to find more loot."

"Yeah I won't be touching any part of dead whatevers," Haley says with a small shudder. "You can do that. Anyway skeletons probably don't have pockets, right?"

"That's why they need the chest!" Abigail says brightly. "You're getting this down now."

Abby checks and the chest doesn't look trapped so she opens it. Meh only a little silver, not even any gold. Skellys have few needs so aren't great hoarders. The way south seems brighter and follows an underground river so the party heads that way. The smell of the river is horrible, it's best avoided but at least the corridor is wider here and the party can see another chest under a lone tree growing on a small island in the river. The bridge is old and rickety but will probably hold one adventurer's weight at a time.

"Shall we cross the River of Fetid Decomposition," Abigail asks, "and see what's up with the Tree and it's pet chest?"

"It's not that bad--" Leah starts to defend her former river, but catches herself, "--that... far away and the bridge looks OK enough." If she pushes me in the water, this Whittler will end up-- Leah thinks, but that doesn't seem what Abby's going for. "Want to go first, Haley?" Leah offers with a sweet smile.

"That's very thoughtful," Haley ponders, "but you figured the bridge is good so you can try it out first." The smile reflected back.

Leah heads over the bridge with no shenanigans from Abigail and Haley follows. "Want to check out the chest?" Abigail calls as she starts over the bridge.

"OK," Haley responds and mimes opening the chest under the tree.

As Haley leans over to open the suspicious chest--

"Suspicious?! You didn't say suspicious!" Haley blurts out.

--it opens on it's own to reveal rows of sharp teeth that try to bite her hand and anything else in range.

Haley yelps, retracting her arm reflexively and jumps backwards, almost knocking Abigail over as she arrives on the now-crowded island. She's completely forgotten about her Iron which hangs limply in one hand.

The Mimic snarls and snaps it's mouth open and shut and tries to grab anyone in the party but they're all out of range as it's stuck in place.

"Mimic!" Leah shouts, "ooo sneaky!"

"Is it a chest or a monster or what?" Haley asks, still agitated.

"In character, Haley. Ask it." Abigail suggests.

"What are you, a fake chest or a monster or what?" Haley spits out reflexively, again not sure about this whole endeavor.

"I'm Edna," the Mimic answers, "Monsters have names too, you know. Always with a general description and never addressed by name. 'Oooooh, they all look alike' you adventurers always say. 'Look it's a Mimic, look it's a Skeleton, oh that's a Gnoll over there' but do you ever ask for a name? No!

And you wonder why monsters are so ill-tempered. We have a right to get angry about the treatment we get by you lot.

"I don't remember that other RPG going like this," Leah says with a smile. "There were fewer... conversations. With the bad things."

"Oh! She's calling us bad things!" the Mimic is acting offended. "Can you believe it? So judgemental. I'd shake my head in dismay if I had a neck."

"You tried to bite me!" Haley retorts.

"No. Naawwwww," the Mimic denies, "I was just... having a sniff, you smelled a whole lot less wonderfully putrid than this river I'm stuck in the middle of and I was reveling in how awful your stench was. If you taste even half as bad as you smell... well then I'd lose my lunch."

"That lunch being you of course. Oh, and your malodorous party. Bleah, could you stand about 2 steps back, I'm downwind here."

"That would put us..." Leah started, "Oh haa haa, in the river. What are you, a comedian?"

"A connoisseur," the Mimic answers with an air of sophistication. "It would improve your aroma considerably." The Mimic sighs, an impressive sight with such a big mouth. "But maybe I lie just a little because I really want to be an investment banker. I mean I'm shaped like a chest, probably filled with gold, right? It's important to know what to do with all that wealth. Look I can share it with you if you help me out, I have gold, come grab some from my pockets."

"No, why don't you come over here," Haley offers.

"I don't want to, I was here first!" the Mimic replies petulantly. "I haven't eaten in weeks, c'mon over and play nice." Abigail leads the party along the island's edge as they pass by the Mimic, out of range of it's wet, slimy tongue grasping at empty air.

Haley shudders, mumbling, "Gross."

Abigail, Leah, and Haley cross the second footbridge towards a wall of purple broken only by a small entrance at the bridge's end.

The party has become accustomed to open spaces and disgusting smells, and has been lulled into a sense of security. But what lies ahead looks dark, cramped and foreboding. What could await them in the unknown on the far side of the River of Necrotic Putrescence?

Haley, "Double Gross."

Leah, to Abigail, "You're enjoying this quite a bit aren't you?"

Abigail is brandishing a huge, toothy Cheshire Cat smile below bright, glittering eyes.
another sequel! great! at first i learned a lot of new vocabulary again: pout, skirmish, putrid, stench and bone spurs! and btw i can help out with a ikosaeder if you want 🤣 ! great job and keep up the good work! another question (i know i can google that) when and why do you use cursive?

Lew Zealand

Helper
another sequel! great! at first i learned a lot of new vocabulary again: pout, skirmish, putrid, stench and bone spurs! and btw i can help out with a ikosaeder if you want 🤣 ! great job and keep up the good work! another question (i know i can google that) when and why do you use cursive?
Thanks!

Cursive/italics is important in this. In the same line at the title, I mention that Abigail's Dungeon Master announcements are in italics.

It should be on it's own line, (moved now).

Cursive/italics is when Abigail, in the role of Dungeon Master is announcing/narrating what the group is seeing (the monsters, etc) and sometimes directing what they are doing. Abigail also plays the role of the party leader so she's doing 2 things in this story. It can be confusing so I decided when Abby is acting as Dungeon Master her dialog is in cursive/italics, and when she is a regular party member her dialog is normal like Haley's and Leah's.

Thanks!

Cursive/italics is important in this. In the same line at the title, I mention that Abigail's Dungeon Master announcements are in italics.

Cursive/italics is when Abigail, in the role of Dungeon Master is announcing/narrating what the group is seeing (the monsters, etc) and sometimes directing what they are doing. Abigail also plays the role of the party leader so she's doing 2 things in this story. It can be confusing so I decided when Abby is acting as Dungeon Master her dialog is in cursive/italics, and when she is a regular party member her dialog is normal like Haley's and Leah's.
ah cool nice thanks a lot! it's really hard for me to read this, these details make it easier! (because i don't know the langauge properly)

stardew_luv

Planter
Thanks!

You must have kicked butt in English and creative writing classes! ALWAYS entertaining and well written. You could literally write fiction novels.

Lew Zealand

Helper
You must have kicked butt in English and creative writing classes! ALWAYS entertaining and well written. You could literally write fiction novels.
Thank you! Funny thing, it was the opposite. Prior to writing my Farmer's first imagined interaction with Shane* here a few years ago I had written nothing creative. At all, ever. Couldn't do it in school, generally got 'C's in English classes, skipped the creative writing bits altogether. I remember being given an in-class writing assignment and my mind being blank. Nothing. I copied some stuff off someone else to have at least something on paper. I was also utterly hopeless when it came to analysis so hey, I was a balanced student. Oh, I can spell and have good grammar though!

I started having stories in my head by the time school was over and they're been accumulating for years, and then I found this place and a game that allows and encourages a lot of creative thought. It's a great frame to hang your story from, enough structure that my brain doesn't just turn off from option overload (a big problem) and enough flexibility that there are many possibilities to explore.

And enough posts here like Ferris' here that trigger something in my head and a story starts developing. I guess my head took longer than expected to cook but it got there eventually.

Or it's a brain tumor. Haven't ruled that out yet.

* So that Shane story is interesting but not for the story, instead the meta-context. If anyone wants to see what someone who wants to write does on their first attempt, it's right there. The very first creative writing from someone who has never done it before. It's a bit… rough, lol!

stardew_luv

Planter
Thank you! Funny thing, it was the opposite. Prior to writing my Farmer's first imagined interaction with Shane* here a few years ago I had written nothing creative. At all, ever. Couldn't do it in school, generally got 'C's in English classes, skipped the creative writing bits altogether. I remember being given an in-class writing assignment and my mind being blank. Nothing. I copied some stuff off someone else to have at least something on paper. I was also utterly hopeless when it came to analysis so hey, I was a balanced student. Oh, I can spell and have good grammar though!

I started having stories in my head by the time school was over and they're been accumulating for years, and then I found this place and a game that allows and encourages a lot of creative thought. It's a great frame to hang your story from, enough structure that my brain doesn't just turn off from option overload (a big problem) and enough flexibility that there are many possibilities to explore.

And enough posts here like Ferris' here that trigger something in my head and a story starts developing. I guess my head took longer than expected to cook but it got there eventually.

Or it's a brain tumor. Haven't ruled that out yet.

* So that Shane story is interesting but not for the story, instead the meta-context. If anyone wants to see what someone who wants to write does on their first attempt, it's right there. The very first creative writing from someone who has never done it before. It's a bit… rough, lol!
Wow I would have never guessed. You’re kind of like Elliot in that you had to have that burst of inspiration from someone or in this case something that piqued your inner creativity. I thoroughly enjoy your stories. Maybe one day you could write some content for the bigger modding teams out there. If that doesn’t interest you we are honored to have you write stories here for us to read. Can never have enough vessels of creativity for Stardew lovers to read. I love too how you capture the perfect screenshot to further show your story.

I’d love to read your first writings and I’ve thoroughly stalked your post history (heehee 😈) to try to find more but it ends with maybe the middle of Farmer Bobbi and I think you were with Haley for a brief spell then. That’s as far back as it goes and it skips some of the in between that and now content. Bummer. ☹

PS your brain works just fine, sometimes creativity stems from a bit of seemingly moments of insanity. But hey, we’d not have good fiction if it weren’t for y’all. Thanks for all you do to make our days a little brighter writing about something we enjoy so much as a group of SDV lovers!😍

Lew Zealand

Helper
Wow I would have never guessed. You’re kind of like Elliot in that you had to have that burst of inspiration from someone or in this case something that piqued your inner creativity. I thoroughly enjoy your stories. Maybe one day you could write some content for the bigger modding teams out there. If that doesn’t interest you we are honored to have you write stories here for us to read. Can never have enough vessels of creativity for Stardew lovers to read. I love too how you capture the perfect screenshot to further show your story.

<snip>

PS your brain works just fine, sometimes creativity stems from a bit of seemingly moments of insanity. But hey, we’d not have good fiction if it weren’t for y’all. Thanks for all you do to make our days a little brighter writing about something we enjoy so much as a group of SDV lovers!😍
Thanks for the kind words! 😊 I'd love to write/collab with modders or people who draw but they likely have their own stories and the story itself isn't the limitation, it's the time taken to make the mod or storyboard & draw. That seems very time-consuming. Some things I've found out are:

Writing is moody. I can't write because of IRL brain things sometimes. Frustrating.
Starting is the hard part. But also stopping, I'm strongly bound by Newton's First Law of Motion. However hungry and tired do help the stopping bit. I haven't found any starting buffs yet but I will continue to try ice cream every time!

I have a profile post (just updated) which tracks the things I've found that I've written here. Likely missing some stuff and I just got the notice that the post is too long (2500 chars max, the URLs add up!) so I'm gonna have to make a new one I guess.

I’d love to read your first writings and I’ve thoroughly stalked your post history (heehee 😈) to try to find more but it ends with maybe the middle of Farmer Bobbi and I think you were with Haley for a brief spell then. That’s as far back as it goes and it skips some of the in between that and now content. Bummer. ☹
I snipped this out to say many of those stories dried up because of some IRL stuff and it took a buncha time to get my head back into a place where I could write again (see: moody bit above!).

The long Bobbi I Suppose one started as a background and full playthrough with dialog expansion for each NPC but was too longwinded to maintain. Each post was an in-game day of play (still have my notes and the playthrough) but with 108 days in a year, that's wayyy too many posts to maintain a vision. If I pick it up again a single post will need to be about a week, not a day each.

Abigail's Story needs to be finished but. But butbut. That's what's pretty much happening here in this thread, this story is playing out in a very similar fashion but with different people. Still that has all of 1 main Story post to finish out and an Epilogue that occurred to me later which should happen, so 2 whole posts total. Now that I'm back writing I will do that.

The 2 Farms with stories (married to Haley [Beachy Keen] and Abigail [Flim Flam]) were kinda freeform and they just picked up in the middle of a playthrough because things changed thanks to some helpful suggestions here. Haley's is done but I'm not sure about Abigail's, I'm gonna have to review it.

The Story based on my current farm with Emily is ongoing but on hold while I write the Dungeon Crawl here. I'll admit I'm less motivated with this but that's hopefully because of something better to write!

Last edited: