Doing stupid things

Tinks

Planter
I need to get another crab for crab pot bundle in another game but I can't remember how I managed to get the first one (from the mines), it just kind of ended up in my inventory! ...now when I go to get one and do manage to kill it , it's just not showing a crab in my inventory and there is space (at the time)..can't remember if I used a specific tool on on it or what?

Ereo

Helper
All monsters drop random things when you kill them. When you kill a rock crab, it might drop a crab, but it's not guaranteed to do so. It might also drop nothing or something else.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I may or may not have just accidentally axed a rare seed plant in my greenhouse. Not sure. For some reason my game doesn't remember it happening.

All monsters drop random things when you kill them. When you kill a rock crab, it might drop a crab, but it's not guaranteed to do so. It might also drop nothing or something else.
On a slightly related note, I think it's absolutely adorable when the crabs in my fish ponds bring me sticks and other trash items. Such good bois keeping their tank clean.

So I've spent a bit over a week trying to master Junimo cart. I finally beat it, and then, because "the achievement didn't pop", I figured it didn't count because I was playing with mods on, so I quit out of the day and the game, and relaunched without mods. I only learned later that there is no achievement, and I could and should have just finished and saved the day, I was fine. So I threw away my victory for absolutely no reason. Whoops. 🤣

Oh gosh, I just remembered the time on my first-ever save file when I found some Elvish Jewelry, and thought Haley (who I was smitten with) would like it, because, well, it's jewelry! Unfortunately, she was... Not very appreciative. I didn't find another Elvish jewelry until about year 4, which made completing the museum collection a real bummer.

Boo1972

Farmer
i have rugs under my chests . i frequently use my return scepter after going through my chests . the button to use the scepter and the button to pick up a rug are the same . i cant place the rug back down without moving all my chests .
I cannot tell you how often I have accidentally picked up a rug and had to rearrange the whole house just to put it down again. Why can’t rugs automatically go under the furniture?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I cannot tell you how often I have accidentally picked up a rug and had to rearrange the whole house just to put it down again. Why can’t rugs automatically go under the furniture?
Or under torches, I wold have one of those massive room size carpets which you have ot have a torch on or else it's dark, but you pick it up while useing the return scepter and great, you now have to do to the middle and mine that one stupid torch.

I was farming for autopetters in the SC yesterday and was throwing away "useless" treasure chest rewards left and right. It was only after I had thrown away my 6th autograbber that I realized I actually need those as well for the coops I've been building XD So I started keeping them but ended up 1 shy of the amount I need. As I don't need any other items from the SC treasure chests currently I'll end up buying it from Marnie, which means I actively threw away an item worth 25,000 to me. Whoops!

Planter
I just remembered a good one happening on my most recent save.

A lot of people throw out that trick of passing out at 2:00 am to have more time to do things, and with no money in your pocket you wont get charged. I see what the strategic interest is, but it's something I just really don't like to do (I'm pretty picky about my sleeping habits). But just for this once, I decided to see if it was worth it. The following day was a festival so I wouldn't need much energy anyways :coffee:

So I spent the whole night fishing, and just as I pass out and the day ends, I realise I haven't placed anything in the shipping bin. So the next morning, my money is still at zero. Not that big of a deal you might think, as I can always sell stuff to Pierre to get back some :g: But, did I say earlier that is was going to be a festival day? I learned the hard way that you can't sell anything on festival days, only buy, and the shipping bin is tallied at night. So I was there looking at Pierre's stock with empty pockets, like a penniless kid in front of a candy store (because of course he doesn't take credit). At least I went home with a comfy straw hat. Because it was the Egg Festival :wchicken:

And what's the absolute Must-Buy at the egg festival?

Those who know will understand my dissapointment. And I don't think I'll ever let myself voluntarily pass out at 2:00 unless under extreme circumstances :clock:

Last edited: