Does Kent creep anyone else out?

LRangerR

Local Legend
I mean, I like the guy, and I don't want this to turn into a character bashing thread, but seriously, sometimes I'll be visiting his place to hang with Sam or flirt talk to Jodi while she's in the kitchen, and then I'll turn around and he'll be in some dark corner of the living room, just standing there.

I'm like "Oh, Kent, I didn't see you there."

And he'll be like "So...I see you've come to see my family...again... Did that often while I was away, huh?"

I'm like, "Well, you know, just trying to be a friendly farmer and all, getting to know the community like the mayor told me to."

And then he'll say, "The mayor huh? So he told you to get friendly with my wife? Let me tell you a story about when I was in the Gotorro Empire..."

At this point I start to make some kinda excuses about needing to water the crops or I forgot to feed the chickens or something and slowly start to back out the door. Then the next day I get a bomb in the mail.

Anyone else have any experiences like this with him?

Lew Zealand

Helper
How would you feel if you just got home from a war and a strange woman walked into your house and gave your wife a gift?

Would it alter his perception of you if you then gave him a Starfruit to then regift to his wife?

Would he then start asking you if you knew his son better than he does?

Would you answer that he may be concerned about the wrong son?

Rawrrr!

Worblehat

Planter
Would he then start asking you if you knew his son better than he does?
If my character could respond to that question, I'd ask if he could please be more specific? 🙂 For Vincent I might, actually, at 9 hearts. Sam is one of the villagers I see the least (wizard-tier relations), only 5 or 6 I think.

Re: the OP, just standing in a corner is what a spouse does in Stardew Valley, right? Maru certainly does a lot of that when she stays in the house... I just figure it's a quirk of the local culture or something. 😀

LRangerR

Local Legend
Re: the OP, just standing in a corner is what a spouse does in Stardew Valley, right? Maru certainly does a lot of that when she stays in the house... I just figure it's a quirk of the local culture or something. 😀
It's not that he does it though, it's HOW he does it. He kinda just naturally blends into the living room because he's camoflauged or something, and just sits there watching me the entire time, not even bothering to say hi.

Squigglyruth

Planter
I mean, I like the guy, and I don't want this to turn into a character bashing thread, but seriously, sometimes I'll be visiting his place to hang with Sam or flirt talk to Jodi while she's in the kitchen, and then I'll turn around and he'll be in some dark corner of the living room, just standing there.
I think you know the answer by the way you asked the question.
flirt

Cuusardo

Farmer
And all this time I thought he was sending me explosives because he likes me and trusts me not to blow up the town. (Because who hasn't accidentally blown up a bit of their farm, am I right?) 😆