Xbox Can't access Mutant Bug Lair

xarof

Newcomer
My fiancé and I are working on achieving perfection before 1.6 gets released, but we've encountered a bug that will prevent my fiancé from achieving perfection. The community center has long been completed, the movie theater is in Joja's place, and we've pretty much got almost everything except for the golden clock. My fiancé was going through and catching the last few fish that she hasn't caught, and noticed that she had not caught a Slimejack. She tried to go into the mutant bug lair, but got the message, "There's some kind of force-field blocking your path." Going to the train station does not trigger any quests, and talking to Krobus does nothing. We are both full hearts with everyone in the game. I have gone in, and I have the Dark Talisman in my wallet, and I can go in with no issues. She can access the Witch's Swamp and the sewer, but cannot enter the Mutant Bug Lair. I think it might be because she, without realizing it, went into the Witch's Lair, and delivered the Wizard's ink to him before she did the Dark Talisman quest. I think this may have broke the quest for her. She's really upset, because she won't be able to catch that one fish, and won't be able to achieve perfection as a result. We have tried restarting the game, tried going to the train station at different times of the day, tried talking to Krobus, nothing works, and she can't get past the force-field.

Ereo

Helper
Is it a joined file? In that case you achieve perfection together, so even if she can’t enter it’s only an annoyance but shouldn’t keep you from perfection.

xarof

Newcomer
It is a joined file, but it’s more than an annoyance. She can’t get the stardrop from Willy for catching all the fish, and she doesn’t get to see everything completed for herself, which kind of ruins the whole game.

ArtifactSpot

It’s likely a multi player bug. Does she have dark talisman in her wallet? If so she might have accidentally got it from your achievements through a bug. Has she gone to train station her own self?

xarof

Newcomer
It’s likely a multi player bug. Does she have dark talisman in her wallet? If so she might have accidentally got it from your achievements through a bug. Has she gone to train station her own self?
She does not have the Dark Talisman in her wallet, I do, she doesn’t. She has the ink in her wallet. She has gone to the train station herself, she can go in the witch’s lair, but no, the train station, witch’s lair, talking to Krobus, nothing triggers a cut scene for her to go into the Mutant Bug Lair.