Switch [BUG] Switch Fishing Bug

raeofsun13

Newcomer
I used to play Stardew Valley all the time on my PC but recently started playing on the Nintendo Switch instead. Just booted up a new game and got the fishing rod from Willy (so I don’t have any attachments or anything) and when I go to fish, my catch bar will just randomly go wherever it wants. This is when I use either the Y or the A button, I checked this to make sure it wasn’t my controller. I don’t have issues with button sticks in any other game that I play. It’s making fishing literally impossible because I can’t catch anything. Any thoughts on how to get this fixed?

Chellee

Newcomer
I used to play Stardew Valley all the time on my PC but recently started playing on the Nintendo Switch instead. Just booted up a new game and got the fishing rod from Willy (so I don’t have any attachments or anything) and when I go to fish, my catch bar will just randomly go wherever it wants. This is when I use either the Y or the A button, I checked this to make sure it wasn’t my controller. I don’t have issues with button sticks in any other game that I play. It’s making fishing literally impossible because I can’t catch anything. Any thoughts on how to get this fixed?
I'm having the same problem. I can't catch any fish using the Switch Pro Controller. It seems impossible. I'm not sure what the problem is, but it's sure making me frustrated.