Switch Switch 2 – Gameplay Compressed Into Thin Horizontal Strip

tmini

Newcomer
Title: Switch 2 – Gameplay compressed into thin horizontal strip / large black areas
I'm playing Stardew Valley: Nintendo Switch 2 Edition in ordinary single-player mode. The title screen displays normally and fills the entire screen, but once I load a farm, the gameplay is compressed into a thin horizontal strip across the middle of the screen, with large black areas above and below.
The problem occurs in both handheld and docked mode. The Nintendo Switch 2 HOME screen and Stardew Valley title screen display normally.
Troubleshooting already attempted:
Completely closed and restarted Stardew Valley
Completely powered off/restarted the Switch 2
Confirmed Switch 2 system software is up to date
Confirmed Stardew Valley is up to date
Checked Stardew Valley for corrupt data
Deleted/reinstalled the game software without deleting save data
Confirmed I'm now running Nintendo Switch 2 software / Switch 2 Edition
Set both Zoom Level and UI Scale to 100%
Set Mouse Mode to completely off/Force Off
Changed Switch TV resolution and screen-size settings
Tested in handheld mode with the same result
Created a brand-new farm, and the same display problem occurs
My existing farm is in Year 4, but because a brand-new farm has the exact same problem, it does not appear to be specific to that save.
The title/menu screen continues to render normally; the problem begins when actual gameplay loads.
I have screenshots showing the normal title screen and the incorrectly rendered gameplay screen. Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide or if there is a known workaround.
 

Attachments

Top