Windows [BUG] Mouse moving to the top left corner on its own

Sushibear

Greenhorn
  • explain the issue (including any pattern you noticed about when it happens);
    • When in game the mouse constantly is moving to the top left corner, after moving the mouse away it quickly returns to the corner. This only happens in-game, all menus and the inventory screen are working fine. In any scrolling menus however, scrolling down will cause the menu to scroll up unless it is clicked and held. This only happens on my desktop, not on my laptop or any other computer my friends have tried.
    • Solution: Changing Gamepad Mode to "Force Off" cause everything to behave normally. If it is on either "Force On" or "Auto Detect" it will behave in the bugged manner. Interestingly, if the setting is changed from "Force Off" to "Auto Detect" the mouse will be pulled to the check box for "Auto Run", this does not happen if it is changed from "Force On" to "Auto Detect". Quitting and reopening the settings menu will release the mouse from the checkbox.
  • full error text (if any);
    • None.
  • game version;
    • Steam 1.5.6
  • in-game language;
    • English
  • single-player or multiplayer;
    • Both
  • Platform:
    • Windows 10, AMD 3700x, RX 580
  • anything else you think might be relevant.
    • I have no controllers or other input devices connected, only a mouse and keyboard, I have unplugged and replugged both devices into different slots and the problem persists. I have restarted the computer and made sure it is up to date. I have verified the integrity of the game files, reinstalled the game, and tried installing on a different drive. I also tried only using 1 monitor. All of these had no effect on the bug.
I am happy to provide more information if needed as this was certainly a strange bug.

Ramboio

Newcomer
Just created an account to say I'm experiencing the same bug. Also running on Windows/Steam. The mouse keeps going to the upper left corner during gameplay, and menus keep scrolling up (both the load game menu, and all the in game menus). Your solution of Gamepad Mode to "Force Off" also worked with me.

I'll gladly provide more info if needed

Magalodon

Newcomer
Also created an account just to comment—I’m also having this bug. I’ve been playing for a week straight without issue and suddenly today the game is unplayable because of the cursor being trapped in the corner. I’ve tried changing the Gamepad Mode to "Force Off" but it doesn’t fix my issue. I’ve tried rebooting my game and my computer several times and the issue keeps happening. Side note, after the glitch starts occurring in game, even if I close my game the glitch keeps happening on my actual computer, so I’m not entirely sure what’s happening there. My laptop is a touch screen, so maybe that has something to do with it? Maybe it’s just my computer telling me to stop playing and get some sleep, lol

Chickenmcdonky

Newcomer
    • When in game the mouse constantly is moving to the top left corner, after moving the mouse away it quickly returns to the corner. This only happens in-game, all menus and the inventory screen are working fine. In any scrolling menus however, scrolling down will cause the menu to scroll up unless it is clicked and held. This only happens on my desktop, not on my laptop or any other computer my friends have tried.
    • Solution: Changing Gamepad Mode to "Force Off" cause everything to behave normally. If it is on either "Force On" or "Auto Detect" it will behave in the bugged manner. Interestingly, if the setting is changed from "Force Off" to "Auto Detect" the mouse will be pulled to the check box for "Auto Run", this does not happen if it is changed from "Force On" to "Auto Detect". Quitting and reopening the settings menu will release the mouse from the checkbox.
    • None.
  • game version;
    • Steam 1.5.6
  • in-game language;
    • English
    • Both
  • Platform:
    • I have no controllers or other input devices connected, only a mouse and keyboard, I have unplugged and replugged both devices into different slots and the problem persists. I have restarted the computer and made sure it is up to date. I have verified the integrity of the game files, reinstalled the game, and tried installing on a different drive. I also tried only using 1 monitor. All of these had no effect on the bug.
I am happy to provide more information if needed as this was certainly a strange bug.
Were you running any mods? I got this bug after downloading a few and "Force Off" isn't working.

I had something similar once due to a controller being upside down and causing the joystick to be pushed up. It didn't trigger normally in windows since it needed the steam overlay to trigger. I felt quite dumb once i worked out the problem.

mega

Newcomer
Just created an account to say I'm experiencing the same bug. Also running on Windows/Steam. The mouse keeps going to the upper left corner during gameplay, and menus keep scrolling up (both the load game menu, and all the in game menus). Your solution of Gamepad Mode to "Force Off" also worked with me.

I'll gladly provide more info if needed
same here. how did you manage to turn it off when the menus were scrolling up? thanks a lot.

thinkwritefly

Newcomer
same here. how did you manage to turn it off when the menus were scrolling up? thanks a lot.
Second this. Having the bug in the main menu! can't change the settings till I'm in the game and I can't start a game when the cursor seems glued to the music on/ off switch.
any help would be appreciated.

Kotique

Newcomer
    • None.
  • game version;
    • Steam 1.5.6
  • in-game language;
    • English
    • Both
  • Platform:
Hey
So I have this bug, but the thing is that I’m playing on the controller and I’d like to keep it that way. I’ve been playing the game for a couple of days on controller with no issues, but today I got this mouse moving bug and it’s so annoying. Force off helps, but as I said, I’m playing on the controller and it’s not possible anymore. Please help 😭