Solved [BUG] Missing Journal Scrap #10 - SOLVED

itsmeemmap

Greenhorn
UPDATE: It was in a dirt spot - using the hoe tool or bombs. For whatever reason the loot was locked until I received the scrap, but I have it now. 🙂

I've played through a full year with the new update [my farm isn't a new save; I'm somewhere past year 10] and can not find scrap #10. I have every other one. And for the past calendar year I spend most days just in the volcano doing the things you'd expected to get it to drop: slaying monsters, breaking rocks with my axe, breaking rocks with bombs.

Any one else having this issue? I really want the loot that comes with scrap #10, but can't access it because it will not spawn for me.

Do we know if it's locked to a specific floor in the volcano? I tend to rush levels 1-5 more frequently, and then sometimes I run out of time before I can get 6-9 so maybe that's the issue?

Last edited:
It doesn‘t require the scrap to spawn so you can easily get it with checking the location on the wiki but I had no issues finding it myself might just be a luck thing or as you said further up the volcano.

itsmeemmap

Greenhorn
It doesn‘t require the scrap to spawn so you can easily get it with checking the location on the wiki but I had no issues finding it myself might just be a luck thing or as you said further up the volcano.
For me it isn't working [it is the bottom left area by the volcano entrance, before heading inside, correct? by the palm tree and that weird sand stone looking thing?] I wonder if it has to do with the completely blue world glitch. Luckily I have the fishpond with the Lava Eels that give Spicy Eels so I can just boost my luck and hope I get it eventually.

For me it isn't working [it is the bottom left area by the volcano entrance, before heading inside, correct? by the palm tree and that weird sand stone looking thing?] I wonder if it has to do with the completely blue world glitch. Luckily I have the fishpond with the Lava Eels that give Spicy Eels so I can just boost my luck and hope I get it eventually.
Gives you an ostrich egg as well. I’d just do a large hoe hit in the area that’s how i got around the blue tiles. Just dug up everything.

itsmeemmap

Greenhorn
Gives you an ostrich egg as well. I’d just do a large hoe hit in the area that’s how i got around the blue tiles. Just dug up everything.
UPDATE: As if hearing my resignation I FOUND scrap #10. It was from the dirt spots. I got it somewhere between level 3 or 4 (can't remember specifically which one) on a floor that was all dirt spots and it came up. And that unlocked the loot for me. :)

bren198

Newcomer
Had the same issues as above and read somewhere to go fishing in gourmands waters (the toads cave). Pulled out nearly 20 fishing junk and then the journal scrap popped up.

BurntToast

Greenhorn
Same problem. Started again as my last game had no bat, this game has loads of bats but no scrap 10. Will try fishing so thanks for that.