Solved [BUG?] Island Ingredients Community Request

Mikamekaze

Greenhorn
I took the quest to get Caroline 100 ginger roots. Having been stockpiling them for trade with the Blue Bird on the Island, I had more than enough and dropped them in the shipping box to complete the quest. It is saying I successfully shipped 100 ginger, but it is still requiring me to ALSO harvest 100 more ginger. It is unclear as to whether this is intentional or not. Image attached for reference
1609037469609.png

(apologies if anything is incorrectly formatted or submitted, this is my first time reporting anything :wchick:.)

mouse

Farmer
The harvesting part is the challenge of collection quests; you need to actually go out and gather new ones :)

I agree it feels weird that shipping them is fine, but I think that's overall nicer to players, especially for a ship quest as you wouldn't know it didn't work until you can no longer get them back.

Daedelonis

Tiller
The harvesting part is intended. Which is why there is 17 Days to complete the quest because of the random spawn rate of Ginger you can harvest each day from Ginger Island.

But I've encountered a bug with the Island Ingredients quest where the Ginger I am harvesting is not working towards the harvesting objective.
1609048314097.png

5 Gingers to be harvested

1609048364397.png

1609048396664.png

1609048420089.png

Took the screenshots in succession to show that it is not counting the 5 Ginger I just harvested, so the counter should be at 5/100 but still remains at 0. I also shipped out 100 Ginger before harvesting so the counter should be at 100/100 but did not receive credit for it.

I am also using Stardew Valley Extended mod, and I have already posted bugs from that mod along with other posters in this section of the forums. So it could be a related issue with the mod if people playing the vanilla version are receiving credit for harvesting/shipping items.

Attachments

mouse

Farmer
I think that issues happening with games modded as extensively as SVE + all the mods it requires should be assumed mod-caused until proven otherwise, so it would be helpful if you could confirm it still happens without mods.

imnvs

Local Legend
A lot of these issues are being revealed to be caused by Mods not being fully compatible with 1.5.1. Try going Mod-less and see if that helps.

Daedelonis

Tiller
I do not have an unmodded save file to access Ginger Island. When I try to open up my modded save file with no mods (just running the game through Steam), it just auto crashes back to the desktop. So I don't have a way to see if the vanilla game's harvesting/shipping objectives are bugged.

mouse

Farmer
You can rename your Mods folder and play with just SMAPI installed so it can clean up all the things mods have added to your save file. (I'd back up the save first.)

Tulasi

Newcomer
I took the quest to get Caroline 100 ginger roots. Having been stockpiling them for trade with the Blue Bird on the Island, I had more than enough and dropped them in the shipping box to complete the quest. It is saying I successfully shipped 100 ginger, but it is still requiring me to ALSO harvest 100 more ginger. It is unclear as to whether this is intentional or not. Image attached for reference
View attachment 2446

(apologies if anything is incorrectly formatted or submitted, this is my first time reporting anything :wchick:.)
where is the shipping box?

corrin

Planter
where is the shipping box?
On your farm next to your house.
I do not have an unmodded save file to access Ginger Island. When I try to open up my modded save file with no mods (just running the game through Steam), it just auto crashes back to the desktop. So I don't have a way to see if the vanilla game's harvesting/shipping objectives are bugged.
SVE's latest update should have fixed this bug.

Daedelonis

Tiller
Well I got a 2nd Island Ingredients quest from the new job board and this time it was to gather and ship 100 Taro and that quest worked just fine. The Ginger one did not work even after the update.