PC [BUG] Ginger Island West- Stuck in the trees while following "Walnut West Hidden Path"

I was looking for the hidden paths in treelines, and I found what the wiki calls the "Walnut West Hidden Path" (wiki page). However, I couldn't follow the path, I could only go up. When I tried to return, I wasn't able to move. I ended up sleeping there. On the attached image, I traced my path and circled the approximate place where I got stuck (I couldn't see myself).

FYI: I am updated to 1.5.1

Thank you concernedApe :D continuously amazed by the new content!

1609394923394.png

Last edited by a moderator:

verajenni

Greenhorn
I had to do some serious wiggling but I was able to finally get over to the right spot and get the walnut. Just keep at it and make sure you have a Totem with you to get out.

TheIrishMick

Newcomer
Hey, I ran into this and I figured it out (I think). I thought the same thing, that I wasn't moving, but I think the issues is that the screen stops moving while your character continues. If you turn up the contrast, you might be able to see a dark bubble around your character (I could) and that will let you kind of navigate there. Either way, when you arrive, you will need to just try to use it to gather it. It will never just show up.

violetconflict

Newcomer
I was coming here to post the exact same thing! I've played two different games on Ginger Island at this point, and I had zero problems in the second one I tried - I was just able to follow the plants. But I'm back to my first game and having a lot of trouble, stuck in the same spot you are.

Attachments

Drakamos

Farmhand
Great tip, take food and a fishing rod. Cast quickly and your casting meter shows you (mostly) where you are

Scout

Greenhorn
I could make this work with wearing a glow ring - it is hard to tell but if you guide the 'glow' along the plant path it will mean you can get yourself in and out

SonicMike

Newcomer
its not actually a bug it’s just that the path was designed to work best at 200% zoom, then you just click around you until you get the walnut!

raincquiet

Newcomer
its not actually a bug it’s just that the path was designed to work best at 200% zoom, then you just click around you until you get the walnut!
THANK YOU! I've had this problem for so long, and trying it at 200% zoom it worked perfectly.

ALCRD

Tiller
I had a glow ring on me while i was doing this path. It certainly does require some wiggling to get in or out but glow ring and doing it when its darker greatly helps.

mistpixie29

Greenhorn
In the game settings you should be able to scroll down and find the Zoom setting. I don't know if you can zoom all the way to 200% on the Switch but you should be able to Zoom at least part of the way there.
I used a torch to get to the spot but still couldnt get the walnut. but yes theres a UI setting and zoom setting, i did both but only zoom worked with the axe. Thank you sm!!

milolouis

Greenhorn
oh i was having the same problem until i wore the glow ring. youre not actually there, youre at the plants currently and just a bit above. you go down a teeny bit and go right. i hope this helped