Mac [BUG] Game keeps exiting about 5-10 seconds upon starting new or saved game

dynne

Greenhorn
I'm currently trying to play Stardew 1.5.6 on Mac via Steam (build ID 8043676). The game launches successfully and I can get into my farm, but about 5-10 seconds after the farm loads the game entirely exits. This happens with both existing save files and brand new games (I get all the way through the intro scenes, then it exits after I'm left to do my thing on the farm).

I haven't played Stardew in a few versions, so I just noticed when playing 1.5.6 for the first time. I had mods enabled initially, but have since disabled them (and deleted all local files / reinstalled). Same behavior either way. When SMAPI was enabled, no error log was produced—in the SMAPI-latest.txt it would just say "Disconnected: ClosedGame" when exiting, with no other errors.

Here is the error log from the run where I had mods enabled but had just deleted the startup preferences: https://smapi.io/log/d7360b7069b7442cbd25a55830d03b40

Things I've tried:
1. Disabling and deleting mods
1. Uninstalling Stardew via Steam, including deleting all local files
1. Deleting startup preferences
1. Updating my own operating system (was initially on OS ~10.16, now OS 11.6.3. Running on Intel Core i7)
1. Verified I'm not running in compatibility / 32 bit mode
1. Verified integrity of game files through Steam

I'm kind of stumped! But I can't play Stardew at all as a result. Any ideas? Thanks!

Last edited:

dynne

Greenhorn
I tried running from the executable (
~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/MacOS/Stardew Valley), which got me a more specific log but with no additional error information. Here's a pastebin of the log: https://pastebin.com/JhBM5y6B

kourget

Newcomer
Hi!
@dynne Did you figure out your issue ? I think I have the same one for some months now. I just got a new Macbook today and thought I would try again but it's the same.
I erased all my Stardew Valley saves, installed Smapi and some mods (including SVE), launched the game, then created a new farm. After 10-15 seconds, it crashed.
Does anyone know how to help? My Smapi logs are attached.
Thanks!

PS: just saw that this is on the "non-modded" section so I will check the mod support too, but if someone has any idea...

Attachments