PC [BUG] Duplicate skill level-up popups

briemiracle

Newcomer
This is not a bug that interferes with gameplay (as far as I've found), but I've encountered it a couple times now and I thought it was odd. Overnight, after going to bed, sometimes I get a popup announcing a skill level up and subsequent "new" recipes when I've already received that level up (including the same popup). Basically, I'm getting some skill popups twice.

I'm playing on PC, Windows 10, via Steam with the latest update of Stardew (1.5.2) in full screen mode, in English. I don't know how to duplicate this issue because it seems random. I've not yet had it happen with any of the "profession" popups, so it doesn't seem to be interfering with that aspect of the game.

(The picture I've attached is not a screenshot of mine. I just included it to so you know which type of popups I'm describing.)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

goremonger

Newcomer
I'm getting the same error. Every night I get the level up notification for Farming 3 & 4, Fishing 2 and Combat 1 & 2.
I had the issue earlier and got rid of it somehow, but it's back now.

Sanetona

Newcomer
I've been getting this in multiplayer, but it only seems to be happening to the host who's playing on mac. If we shut down the server and restart the game it seems to stop.

goremonger

Newcomer
Now it's farming 3-9, mining 4-8. foraging 4-9, fishing 2-6. combat 1-6. I had hoped that going to bed without doing anything that day would clear it, but no. Any tips would be appreciated.

Jaga2

Newcomer
It is odd.
Clean install doesn't help.
I have even cleaned steam cloud data but still happens.
That's really strange. I can't figure this out.

Odin

Staff member
Is anyone here playing with mods? Is this happening in single player or multiplayer? Does anyone seeing this on multiple different saves?

Sanetona

Newcomer
No mods, multiplayer, I only play on the one save right now and the host on mac is getting the problem not me so can't speak to different saves
Is anyone here playing with mods? Is this happening in single player or multiplayer? Does anyone seeing this on multiple different saves?

Jaga2

Newcomer
No mods, singleplayer.
I haven't played multi yet.
I see this on multiple different saves.

Nataz23

Newcomer
It's happening to me too, playing on iMac single player. So odd because I've done two farms before this one that it is happening on and had 140 hours total on those two farms combined, so not sure why on this third farm it's happening.

Drakamos

Farmhand
It's gotta be a mac thing then. I have 198 mods, but I'm on a mac laptop, same thing ~12 popups every night. The only consensus seems to be 'mac' - I'm gonna try to verify game files, see if that helps. Same, 250 hours overall, but this is a new thing with 1.5.2, maybe this will be fixed in a patch :/

We should all let ConcernedApe know, I'm sure we're not the only ones with this problem.

NugglyNika

Greenhorn
Hey all, just wanted to weigh in to say that I'm getting this on my Windows machine - I was about to blame some mods but seeing the same thing happen to people who play without mods made me think it might be a 1.5 bug. To test it, I uninstalled all my mods and uninstalled SMAPI, cleared the Steam launch options and started a new game. Problem didn't appear anymore, so I started adding the mods back in to start the process of figuring out which caused it.

All my mods are now reinstalled and the problem still isn't back. It seems to all be working fine again. I am confused, but not complaining.

Drakamos

Farmhand
Hey all, just wanted to weigh in to say that I'm getting this on my Windows machine - I was about to blame some mods but seeing the same thing happen to people who play without mods made me think it might be a 1.5 bug. To test it, I uninstalled all my mods and uninstalled SMAPI, cleared the Steam launch options and started a new game. Problem didn't appear anymore, so I started adding the mods back in to start the process of figuring out which caused it.

All my mods are now reinstalled and the problem still isn't back. It seems to all be working fine again. I am confused, but not complaining.
Well, this will be a pain to reinstall everything but sounds like it's worth it!!

Drakamos

Farmhand
Update: I tried it, removed all mods, smapi, cleaned launcher on steam, verified everything, new game, added mods back in, still getting popups. OH WELL *mashes escape key furiously & nightly*

fridgetax

Newcomer
I'm having the exact same problem with the skill notifications as you guys. I'm on latest update, Windows 10, via Steam, no mods, singleplayer only. I have multiple stacking skill level notifications every night on both of my save files. They went away on my first file, but they won't disappear on my second. I don't know what I did to fix it the first time. I tried leveling past the notifications, but now I just have multiple level-ups of the same skill. I guess I should just wait for a patch.

hopfrog1849

Newcomer
I've been having the same issue on Windows 10. I don't have any mods and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't work. I have to go through all my level-ups (except 5 and 10) every night :(