Switch [BUG] Cutting grass does not give hay

dmxdc

Greenhorn
Hi all,

My girlfriend is playing SV on the Switch and is facing the following problem.

When cutting grass with a scythe is should produce hay (50% chance).
This only works when there is a silo with space.

This does not work in her save on Switch. She even started a new playthrough to see if that would help, but no luck.
I checked the wiki and forums etc, but cannot find why the game is not giving hay while cutting grass.

She is using the right tool and even removing/moving the silo did not work.
I am aware it does not drop to the ground and should go to the silo directly, but also this is not happening.

Are there any other criteria for turning grass into hay?
If needs be we can setup something in which a dev can look with us.

Extra info:
Game Version 1.5.4
In game language: English
Single player
No mods or anything (not sure if thats even possible on Switch)

Please help us out :)!

Last edited:

Jennifurby

Greenhorn
I am having the same problem! I’m on the last day of fall, started cutting grass and suddenly hay stopped appearing so I went to my coop, got some hay out and somehow it gave me 26 instead of just the 4 I needed, then I tried to put it back in the silo and it won’t let me. I know the silo is nowhere near full, thus why I wanted to cut all my grass before winter.
I’m using a Switch. Single player. Current update.

hopefully someone can help us figure this out.:cry:

BlaDe

Farmer
I want to know if this is tied to your game seed.

On a Friday or Sunday, can you go to the travelling cart and let me know in order from top to bottom the contents of the cart?
I need the item, the amount, and the price.

Theoretically I can determine the seed from this. Though I have tried once before and failed... More data should help though.

dmxdc

Greenhorn
Hi @Jennifurby,, lets hope we can figure this one out!

@BlaDe, thank you for your response. I put the info on here tonight.
I not sure what extra info could help you, so if you have any idea's let me know.

I do was thinking that maybe the time on the Switch can have something to do with it? For animal crossing she changes the switch system time all the time in order to speed up the game.
Maybe this could affect something in SV as well and cause this error to pop-up ? @Jennifurby Do you maybe also do this?

dmxdc

Greenhorn
@BlaDe unfortunately she was unable to get hay from her first save.
Starting a new save diddnt solve the problem either.

So on Switch she was never able to collect hay. She did play it on computer withouth any problem.

Jennifurby

Greenhorn
Hi @Jennifurby,, lets hope we can figure this one out!

@BlaDe, thank you for your response. I put the info on here tonight.
I not sure what extra info could help you, so if you have any idea's let me know.

I do was thinking that maybe the time on the Switch can have something to do with it? For animal crossing she changes the switch system time all the time in order to speed up the game.
Maybe this could affect something in SV as well and cause this error to pop-up ? @Jennifurby Do you maybe also do this?
i do this too for animal crossing so the time on my switch is currently inaccurate. Hmm...

dmxdc

Greenhorn
@BlaDe here is the seed you asked for.
If needs be we can setup a multiplayer if that helps.

Sunday 7 - Summer - 7.00 AM

Item - Amount - Price
Oak Resin - 1 - 750
Poppy - 1 - 600
Sea Urchin - 1 - 800
Cranberry Seeds - 5 - 480
Morel - 1 - 750
Fairy Rose - 1 - 870
Lobset - 1 - 900
Automn's Bounty - 1- 1400
Tulip - 1 - 1000
Battery Pack - 5 -2000
Wizard Couch - 1 - 1250
Rare Seed - 1 - 1000

dmxdc

Greenhorn
Can anyone please assist us? The problem still persists and is costing her a lot of gold in order to keep up.

imnvs

Local Legend
@Jennifurby can you maybe explain what you mean by reset the day? We set the system time of the switch to be picked up by internet (auto) now.
Resetting the day means to exit the game without saving. This means when you reload your save you will be at the beginning of that day again and replay it.

dmxdc

Greenhorn
@imnvs thankyou for your answer. We did that (in combination with setting the switch clock to auto), but without any luck.