PC [BUG] Crops disappear randomly

twice_twotimes

Newcomer
I'm having an issue where planted crops vanish overnight. It's just one or two crops disappearing seemingly randomly leaving nothing behind. It's happening on both the home farm and the Ginger Island farm and even once in the greenhouse, so I am confident it is not an issue with scarecrow placement or lightning. There are no weeds, grass, dead plants, anything at all left behind -- just an empty hoed, watered, fertilized tile.

I am playing a single-player save on a Mac. My husband has also experienced this (outside on standard farm only) playing single-player on a PC.

CatNeal

Newcomer
Are you playing with any mods?
No mods for me, regular game on PC. Has anything been found out on this? I am having this problem on the Ginger Island farm. Crops will randomly disappear, leaving the space either empty with fertilizer or will regrow the ground over it. At first I thought I missed some tiles, but I just doubled checked and slept again only to wake up to 4 more missing crops. The Wiki says birds and lightening don't happen on the Island. I filled up the whole Island farm land with crops, and put paths around it, so it shouldn't be weeds, I also see no weeds, just missing crops. The missing crops are also not on the edges. Is there a proper way to report bugs?

evildee123

Newcomer
same here.. i have pineapples being replaced with weeds and one ancient fruit disappeared.. no mods or such..

Odin

Staff member
Is there a proper way to report bugs?
Apologies for the late reply, but you've already done it! This section of the forums is the place to report issues, and the developers to review what's posted here, even if they don't have time to reply to reports.

Iandrasil

Greenhorn
Apologies for the late reply, but you've already done it! This section of the forums is the place to report issues, and the developers to review what's posted here, even if they don't have time to reply to reports.
I also am starting to experience this problem, however I'm noticing this started mainly in year 2 after I upgraded my sprinklers to iridium and thus vastly increased the crop yields my farm is capable of maintaining, is it possible this bug crops (:cool:) up when the #of growing crops on either the ginger island or home farm breaks a certain threshold? asking cause I mainly started noticing this bug AFTER I managed to upgrade my farm with iridium sprinklers and did not encounter this issue at all in year 1 gameplay, with quality sprinklers I didn't notice any such issues which could be because of it limiting the total # of crops growing.

Luvrnetic

Newcomer
Also experiencing this bug, seems to be quite a few people experiencing around reddit too.

It's not weeds because there's never any bushes left behind and it's not lightning because I've got multiple rods set up on the island