PC [BUG] Community bundles still crashing

oh, it will help! :)
you can go in any save bc i tested all saves and are glitching
Thanks, I took a look; and a uhh did you rename the files like that? Or is that how they were in your save folder?
And, if that's how they looked; a SMAPI errorlog would be helpful; as something is seriously broken if so.

I put them all back to how they should look like in a save folder, and tested loading them up in my game(both modded and unmodded). They work fine now on my end at least.
Just make sure to delete the files you sent me before adding these new ones in so they don't conflict.

Attachments

Last edited:

junimowithahat

Newcomer
Thanks, I took a look; and a uhh did you rename the files like that? Or is that how they were in your save folder?
And, if that's how they looked; a SMAPI errorlog would be helpful; as something is seriously broken if so.

I put them all back to how they should look like in a save folder, and tested loading them up in my game(both modded and unmodded). They work fine now on my end at least.
Just make sure to delete the files you sent me before adding these new ones in so they don't conflict.
hi!! so i tested, but didn´t work... i didn't rename the files ;p the flies just came like that for me lol. THANK U SO MUCH FOR TRYING TO HELP!! <333 i really apreciate your attention and time to me :) i will wait a new hotfix or something like that !! tyyy so much :D

hi!! so i tested, but didn´t work... i didn't rename the files ;p the flies just came like that for me lol. THANK U SO MUCH FOR TRYING TO HELP!! <333 i really apreciate your attention and time to me :) i will wait a new hotfix or something like that !! tyyy so much :D
Ah okay, then yea; something is causing your saves to be saved incorrectly. And, no prob; I enjoy it! :smile:
Though, feel free to PM me your SMAPI log if you want to continue troubleshooting elsewhere.

Nika

Greenhorn
First of all, thx for this amazing update. i love this game. Sadly the community center still crashes my game with Coop and Single player. I tried all the things written in this post but nothing works. Also the hotfix didn't help. I normally play in german but also tried english just to make sure it's not just about the language stuff. I also tired with mods and without. I really hope someone can help me or there's a fix soon.

most recent update: 25nd December 2020, 10:04 O'clock german time,
language: german

Crashlog: https://smapi.io/log/3fb2240580d5404b964887a74f26238e

Zip File of one of the Farms is attached too

Attachments

corrin

Planter
FYI for everyone still experiencing this issue, there will be a fix for it in a SMAPI update that will be out in a few hours. If you had the bug in a fully vanilla save and were unable to fix it, you should be able to play one day with SMAPI and fix your save that way.

First of all, thx for this amazing update. i love this game. Sadly the community center still crashes my game with Coop and Single player. I tried all the things written in this post but nothing works. Also the hotfix didn't help. I normally play in german but also tried english just to make sure it's not just about the language stuff. I also tired with mods and without. I really hope someone can help me or there's a fix soon.
-snipped fore brevity-
Thanks for the log, and save.
I took a quick look, and the savefix data wasn't set to '30'; so you still had the <bundleData> translations in your save causing the crash.

I made 2 save fixes. One copy of the save has just the hotfix, and the other save copy is a manual transplant of good data.
You only need one copy, but I did it both ways in case you want to re-check if the savefix is properly working for you or not. Otherwise, just use the transplanted data one.

FYI for everyone still experiencing this issue, there will be a fix for it in a SMAPI update that will be out in a few hours. If you had the bug in a fully vanilla save and were unable to fix it, you should be able to play one day with SMAPI and fix your save that way.
Ah, that's good to hear.

Attachments

Nika

Greenhorn
Thanks for the log, and save.
I took a quick look, and the savefix data wasn't set to '30'; so you still had the <bundleData> translations in your save causing the crash.

I made 2 save fixes. One copy of the save has just the hotfix, and the other save copy is a manual transplant of good data.
You only need one copy, but I did it both ways in case you want to re-check if the savefix is properly working for you or not. Otherwise, just use the transplanted data one.
thank you really much :) i'll test it in a few mins

EDIT: it worked. Thx really much. i guess i did something wrong with the safefix data cause i already tried. but maybe i didn't save it or whatever. but still. thx for your help

Last edited:

Nika

Greenhorn
@MysticTempest
i would appreciate your help again. idk what i'm doing wrong but if i try it myself it doesn't work. would you please help me fixing this file too?
i'm sorry for wasting more of your time.

Nevermind! Ifixed it now ^^ sorry for being stupid.

Last edited:
@MysticTempest
i would appreciate your help again. idk what i'm doing wrong but if i try it myself it doesn't work. would you please help me fixing this file too?
i'm sorry for wasting more of your time.
No worries.
I reapplied the hotfix value of '30' to this one.

I guess your edits don't appear to be saving; or actually, I was just thinking. It could be Steam CloudSave overwriting the save; though it usually asks you if it detects a change; at least from what I remember.
I haven't used it in a while.

EDIT:
Oh, glad to see you got it working after all! :smile:

Attachments

Sakurita

Newcomer
So, we now have a verified way to fix your saves, however we still don't understand why this is happening. But if you're in this thread with the crash issue, you can do this to fix your save:

1. Go to %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves and find the folder of the farm that you're having trouble with
2. Open that folder. Then use notepad to open the file with the same name as the folder (make sure it's not the one with "_old" on the end)
3. ctrl + f search for "savefix". You'll find an entry that looks like <lastAppliedSaveFix>31</lastAppliedSaveFix> (NOTE: if there's a number greater than 31 in this field, do not proceed)
4. Change the "31" to "30"
5. Save and exit. Now boot up the game and see if your file is fixed
I play in Spanish and with mods (8 according to SMAPI) and with this change it works well (for me) in Spanish and in English with and without mods.
I have Steam Cloud and with a couple of saves (sleep) and open and close the game and Steam, it seems that this still works.
I know that theres still people that this fix doesn't work but I just wanna said thank you for keep fix it and help us with the savedata.

Coachicon

Cowpoke
So, we now have a verified way to fix your saves, however we still don't understand why this is happening. But if you're in this thread with the crash issue, you can do this to fix your save:

1. Go to %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves and find the folder of the farm that you're having trouble with
2. Open that folder. Then use notepad to open the file with the same name as the folder (make sure it's not the one with "_old" on the end)
3. ctrl + f search for "savefix". You'll find an entry that looks like <lastAppliedSaveFix>31</lastAppliedSaveFix> (NOTE: if there's a number greater than 31 in this field, do not proceed)
4. Change the "31" to "30"
5. Save and exit. Now boot up the game and see if your file is fixed
i changed it to 30 but now i cant get into my farm..it crashes when i want to load my farm..

i changed it to 30 but now i cant get into my farm..it crashes when i want to load my farm..
Can you post a save & error log.

As soon as I open the first bundle in the community center, my game crashes completely. I have tried it without and with mods, but it makes no difference. However, my game file already says 32.
Could someone please take a look at this? The file has the name fairytale.

Thank you <3
You seem to have the same issue as @junimowithahat with the files with wrong names. Out of curiosity before I tweak these; I did a reinstall of SMAPI, and it reminded me of the SaveBackup mod that comes with it.

Are y'all making sure to edit the saves located here: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Find_your_save_files
The saves in the 'saves-backup' folder within the game folder are not loaded by the game.

EDIT: attached save

Attachments

Last edited:

Mitzli

Newcomer
Hello! I'm still having this issue on version 1.5.2, English version. I am running an entirely vanilla file, which was working fine until just recently. I was able to turn in bundle items all the way up through the end of summer, but now I cannot access them at all without the game immediately crashing to desktop. I do want to note that the bundle crashing seems to have started the day after I got the new order board in front of Lewis's home and picked up my first order.

I tried the fix listed previously to change the number in the save file to 30, which did not work; the game kept crashing.

I then tried downloading the latest SMAPI despite not having it installed previously. Even after playing a day to get the file to save again with SMAPI active, the bundles are still broken, though the "crash" is different. When I access the bundle screen through my inventory menu, I get stuck on the screen showing bundles and am unable to click them or the X to exit the screen. Hitting the Escape key also does not close the menu as expected, so it essentially freezes me there until I force quit the game. Same results if I access them physically at the community center.

I've attached my save folder and my SMAPI error log. I'd love any help you may have to offer! Thank you much!

--Edit--
Verifying my Steam files fixed this for me after 1.5.2.

Attachments

Last edited: