PC [BUG] Community bundles still crashing

Jenna

Greenhorn
So two minutes ago I had the same problem. I actually replied a big paragraph about my problem and all my details. Before I re install the game and mod, I decide to try it again and it just solved. So I have no idea why, 10 minutes ago I still had the problem.

Kirito-kun

Newcomer
blurryface I just tried this and it doesn't crash for me. Can you verify that it's still crashing for you, and if so please send me the error log it produces at %appdata%/StardewValley/ErrorLogs
Hi if you still here , I taking the same community bundles crashing and here is the thing. İf you wanna I can record the game and send you the ytb link. Im am not english maybe I can write false

Attachments

dejfleg

Greenhorn
I have the same problem with my new save file! After trying to fix it, my old save with almost 72 hours of gameplay started crushing when I was trying to load it. Then I re-installed the game in Steam and this problem has been solved, but there's still the problem with new file. I still can't check bundles, because game's freezing and farmer becoming flying ghost that imprisoned in room. If someone can help me I'll be very happy and thankful.

I have the same problem with my new save file! After trying to fix it, my old save with almost 72 hours of gameplay started crushing when I was trying to load it. Then I re-installed the game in Steam and this problem has been solved, but there's still the problem with new file. I still can't check bundles, because game's freezing and farmer becoming flying ghost that imprisoned in room. If someone can help me I'll be very happy and thankful.
Were you by any chance playing with mods?
If you want to find your save & upload it here. I can remove the corrupted bundle data: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Find_your_save_files

Nicobell

Greenhorn
I have the same problem as Nyati wrote. With and without mods. I tried to completely reinstall the game and deleted SMAPI and without modes the game will crash.
Build ID 8043676 update 29.1.2022 with mod czech language without eng.
I will attach Save and error report. btw i love so much Stardew valley,great job.

Attachments

I have the same problem as Nyati wrote. With and without mods. I tried to completely reinstall the game and deleted SMAPI and without modes the game will crash.
Build ID 8043676 update 29.1.2022 with mod czech language without eng.
I will attach Save and error report. btw i love so much Stardew valley,great job.
Howdy, thanks for the error log & save.

Yea, currently there's a bug in SMAPI where it generates broken saves if you're using a modded language translation to edit the bundle data.
SMAPI Issue: https://github.com/Pathoschild/SMAPI/issues/812

It's recommended to either start new saves in English before switching over to your modded language of choice.
Or, have the mod author use an extra check when editing the bundledata.
Have them set it to only translate AFTER you can read the bundles so the save isn't generated in a broken state.

They can do this by adding this to their bundle translation patch: "HasFlag": "canReadJunimoText"

Anyway, I've attached your fixed save below.

Attachments

Nicobell

Greenhorn
Dobrý deň, ďakujeme za záznam chýb a uložte.

Áno, momentálne je v SMAPI chyba, ktorá generuje nefunkčné uloženia, ak na úpravu údajov balíka používate preklad v modifikovanom jazyku.
Problém SMAPI: https://github.com/Pathoschild/SMAPI/issues/812

Pred prepnutím do zvoleného modifikovaného jazyka sa odporúča spustiť nové uloženia v angličtine.
Alebo nech autor modu použije dodatočnú kontrolu pri úprave údajov balíka.
Nechajte ho nastaviť tak, aby prekladal až PO prečítaní balíkov, aby sa uloženie nevygenerovalo v nefunkčnom stave.

Môžu to urobiť pridaním tohto do opravy prekladu balíka: "HasFlag": "canReadJunimoText"

V každom prípade nižšie prikladám váš pevný uložený súbor.
Ďakujem veľmi pekne. Práve som šiel spustiť novú hru bez modov, ale moja angličtina je slabá a preklady sú bohužiaľ ako mody.

Lezalith

Newcomer
Howdy, thanks for the error log & save.

Yea, currently there's a bug in SMAPI where it generates broken saves if you're using a modded language translation to edit the bundle data.
SMAPI Issue: https://github.com/Pathoschild/SMAPI/issues/812

It's recommended to either start new saves in English before switching over to your modded language of choice.
Or, have the mod author use an extra check when editing the bundledata.
Have them set it to only translate AFTER you can read the bundles so the save isn't generated in a broken state.

They can do this by adding this to their bundle translation patch: "HasFlag": "canReadJunimoText"

Anyway, I've attached your fixed save below.
Coming with the same issue. How do you fix the save? I'm assuming you change something in the xml farm_id file?

Also, let me point something out:
Looking at Nicobell's last message, which is in my language, it is apparent that they are trying to get this working because of a translation mod.
The same translation mod that I am trying to get working.
Just like them, on this forum, on this post, on the very same day, just few hours apart.
Two random people out of the "only" 15 million speakers.
Small world indeed.

Coming with the same issue. How do you fix the save? I'm assuming you change something in the xml farm_id file?

Also, let me point something out:
Looking at Nicobell's last message, which is in my language, it is apparent that they are trying to get this working because of a translation mod.
The same translation mod that I am trying to get working.
Just like them, on this forum, on this post, on the very same day, just few hours apart.
Two random people out of the "only" 15 million speakers.
Small world indeed.
Yes, in the savefile there are translations being appended to the bundle data by SMAPI. But, they shouldn't be there.
So, I just deleted all the translations from the bundledata section.

Here's an example I wrote out for a user using a Polish translation(Do note that it has to be done for all the bundles.):

Edit: I prefer the manual fix. But, it looks like you can also use the earlier fix by ConcernedApe; and change the following value back to '30'.
Found in the savefile:
<lastAppliedSaveFix>35</lastAppliedSaveFix>

Seems to work okay on modded bundle data as well.
-------

As I mentioned to Nicobell; there's a couple workarounds. Though, the best bet would be if you can reach the mod author/s of the Czech translation mod.
If they can add that flag I referenced earlier; to the bundle translation section of their mod. Then going forward, new saves won't have that issue.
As the patch would be enabled after the save is created; and won't corrupt the save.

Last edited:

manutheoriginal

Greenhorn
Hi
same problem : first community bundle whereas
this bug should have been fixed a long time ago. Do I have to download SMAPI?
I play in french/PC Windows 10/last update: 1.5
How to find Build ID?
thx in advance for help guys.

Last edited:
Hi
same problem : first community bundle whereas
this bug should have been fixed a long time ago. Do I have to download SMAPI?
I play in french/PC Windows 10/last update: 1.5
How to find Build ID?
thx in advance for help guys.
It was fixed a while back. The new people having this error are all playing modded.
Make sure you're on v1.5.6, and not just v1.5

Can you post the error log? It should show us the version you're on.
But, a fix is up here in my previous post: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/bug-community-bundles-still-crashing.3120/post-65200

manutheoriginal

Greenhorn
It was fixed a while back. The new people having this error are all playing modded.
Make sure you're on v1.5.6, and not just v1.5

Can you post the error log? It should show us the version you're on.
But, a fix is up here in my previous post: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/bug-community-bundles-still-crashing.3120/post-65200
I'm sorry I just realized that I needed to update my GOG Galaxy launcher! Make sure you won't be bothered by manutheoriginal for a long time.