Android [BUG] Clothing and dressers

stardew4lyfe

Greenhorn
Hi all,

New here :D and just wanted to share a bug for mobile devices. I normally don't post stuff online but this one feels serious and I haven't seen anything on it.

My girlfriend and I both found that there is a mobile bug with dressers and clothing. She is on iOS and I am on Android so we've confirmed it is not specific to either platform. Both phones are running on the latest possible update.

Basically - if your inventory is full and you withdraw an article of clothing, it will be deleted without warning. It also happens if you're almost full - the first few clothes you withdraw from your dresser will fill any empty inventory slots, then any past your backpack's limits are just... Gone. I was actually able to just keep clicking until my dresser was empty with no clothing sight (obviously restarting my day very shortly after)!!

Our feeling is that the dresser should say "inventory full" or something and stop you from pulling clothing if your backpack is full. She lost a ton of clothing one day when she was reorganizing her house and was really heartbroken about it. I thought I'd mention this in case any other mobile players use their dresser and clothing a ton. Our only workaround has been to just count the clothing we pull out, or to stop around 2-4 away from max backpack capacity to be safe.

Please let me know if you guys can replicate the bug! Thanks :) <3

stardew4lyfe

Greenhorn
Doesn't happen to me
OK I just tested it again to make sure I'm not crazy and it did indeed delete a tux shirt because my backpack was full - are you sure your inventory is full and you're using a dresser and not a chest? Just curious if you might have done something differently.

Boo1972

Farmer
OK I just tested it again to make sure I'm not crazy and it did indeed delete a tux shirt because my backpack was full - are you sure your inventory is full and you're using a dresser and not a chest? Just curious if you might have done something differently.
I’m glad to hear of this because I love sewing and hoarding clothes. Most are easily replaced but not all!

stardew4lyfe

Greenhorn
I’m glad to hear of this because I love sewing and hoarding clothes. Most are easily replaced but not all!
Yes, definitely be careful!! My girlfriend had completed literally every possible article of clothing and has no idea what she is still missing after remaking the ones she thought she lost. It looks like she's gonna have to cross them out one by one on the wiki or something. :(

Also, glad someone else loves the clothing update too :D