PC [BUG] Beach Forageables on Beach Farm are base quality (home, not Ginger)

BlueTrillium

Farmhand
Running 1.5.3, PC, Steam, English, single-player, no mods though SMAPI is running.

I've found a bug thread about an issue like this on Ginger Island Farm, but this is happening to me on the *home* farm (I chose the new beach farm). I wasn't able to find any threads about this one.

Forage that appears on the farm beaches (not talking about boxes, but stuff like coral, seaweed, oysters, mussels, etc) does not appear to benefit from Gatherer/Botanist. It's always one, and always base quality, never even silver or gold that I've noticed.

- Regular seasonal forage that appears on the grass around the central green area of the beach farm (like daffodils, wild horseradish etc) I think does get the benefit.
- Fruit dropped by the bats in the cave definitely does get the benefit.
- Beach forage picked up on the town beach (e.g. outside Elliot's cabin) gets the benefit as usual.
- Truffles picked up from my pigs are iridium as usual.

It just appears to be the beach forage on the farm that is bugged.

*edit* Adding a strange occurrence... maybe it's not *all* beach forage on the beach farm, because I just now got a coral on the farm (still just a single coral but still) and it was iridium. However I *definitely* got several items earlier today that were base quality. I don't know if it's the item that matters, or the location... hm.

Here's what I remember for certain
- I found a base quality cockle on the western beach (near the greenhouse area though not on the greenhouse island)
- I found a base quality oyster in that same general area I believe (western beach/greenhouse area)
- The iridium coral I found was on the south-east beach, down near the bridge down to Marnie's place and Cindersap.

I will keep an eye out for other forageables and their quality in the future.

*new update*

I ran into an exact example just now.

Behind my greenhouse I found an urchin and an oyster literally side-by-side. The urchin was iridium, and the oyster was base quality. Both of them, I only picked up one. (so Gatherer didn't kick in for either one).

Last edited:

BlueTrillium

Farmhand
@Odin

At the time of posting, no I had not had any mods (other than SMAPI and Content Patcher frameworks) installed on the entire save file.

Now I am running a couple - One for Configurable Junimo Kart, and one for Easier Prairie King, and one more for adding some additional board requests to the big board below Lewis's house. None that *should* affect forageables anywhere, much less on the farm.

Also, some more data - (this is after updating to 1.5.4, and after adding the mods listed above)
-- foraged Cockle and Seaweed on the farm are *not* benefiting from Botanist and are only base quality.
-- foraged Sea Urchin and Nautilus Shell on the farm *are* benefiting from Botanist and are iridium quality.

And in case location somehow matters, both the cockle and the seaweed were found up near the greenhouse/cave area.
-- another seaweed was down by the southern exit, though.
-- both the sea urchin and the nautilus shell were down by the southern exit as well.
All of these spawned after the 1.5.4 update (and weren't left over from earlier).

BlueTrillium

Farmhand
Played a bit more and got two more examples (same mods in place as above) :

- oyster and mussel at the south end of the farm, both did *not* benefit from Botanist.

BlueTrillium

Farmhand
Small addition: I'm still finding oysters on the farm at base quality, but I *did* finally pick up two at once, so Gatherer is working and it's only Botanist that appears to be an issue.