PS4 [BUG] 129/130 Golden Walnuts

wbrl

Newcomer
Hello.
I’m stuck at 129/130 Golden Walnuts.
To the left of Qi, where you have to go up by the water, there is a walnut in the bush. When I clicked this, it jumped up off the screen and it didn't seem to be counted. At first I didn't think about anything, but now I'm at 129/130 walnuts, and this one seems to be missing.
The parrot gives no more information and I went through all the locations several times. It's 100% that one walnut that I'm missing.

any ideas ?

132 hrs playtime wasted when I can’t get 100% perfection.

hyankovski

Newcomer
Sadly I do not have any ideas, but i'm in the exact same situation with that walnut not being counted! - This was on the Switch

Last edited:

wbrl

Newcomer
I stopped playing. No reason for me to continue. I love the game but 132 hrs and no chance to get 100% perfection.

Something like this probably happend to me too. I play on PC (steam). I too am stuck 129/130, I have been to all places, consulted wiki, and Leo's parrot does not gives me any more hints, only does *Awk*...

wbrl

Newcomer
Something like this probably happend to me too. I play on PC (steam). I too am stuck 129/130, I have been to all places, consulted wiki, and Leo's parrot does not gives me any more hints, only does *Awk*...
Luckily you are on PC. You can fix this if you edit your safegame file.

imnvs

Local Legend
As wbrl said, if you're on PC, see what I said here: Link. That'll give you the steps to edit your save file.

treelife

Greenhorn
I created different thread, but I had same problem, on switch I passed out before collecting the Simon says walnuts. Now there is no way to collect.

wbrl

Newcomer
Since it doesn't seem to interest the developers and they don’t respond to my email, I will unfortunately stop playing. It no longer makes sense to work towards 100% perfection if I don't know if I can achieve it at all.

imnvs

Local Legend
Since it doesn't seem to interest the developers and they don’t respond to my email, I will unfortunately stop playing. It no longer makes sense to work towards 100% perfection if I don't know if I can achieve it at all.
The developers are busy people... two people. That's it. Maybe stop harassing them?

...and I also don't entirely understand why the only goal you have is 100% perfection when that didn't exist until only a few months ago.

wbrl

Newcomer
The developers are busy people... two people. That's it. Maybe stop harassing them?

...and I also don't entirely understand why the only goal you have is 100% perfection when that didn't exist until only a few months ago.
I'm not harassing them. I only wrote one email. That's all. And why 100% perfection is my only goal? What kind of question is that? Why not ! The developers have put it into the game, so it's a goal that most people want to achieve. I've already achieved and earned everything. I'm only 1 golden walnut missing. And it frustrates that things don't go any further at the moment.

imnvs

Local Legend
Start a new save. Play a new farm map. It'll get fixed eventually. These guys are busy, but they've shown that they work to fix the bugs. You can come back to this save when they figure it out and fix it. Why not try to see how far you can get in one way in a certain amount of time, or see how fast you can accomplish something? Those can be goals to entertain yourself with. (There are lots of challenges folks have come up with.) You don't need to fixate on this one right now.

pezzza

Greenhorn
Exact same thing happened to me with the same walnut. I'm on PS4. I'm stuck on 129.

Nothing we can do but wait for a fix.

danflurry

Greenhorn
Very frustrating. I’ve put in close to 300 hours and I’m certainly not going to just start over and put in 300 more just to get cheated out of perfection because a golden walnut spawned off-screen. I’m on Switch so I can’t edit the file. The walnut I’m missing is the one above Qi’s walnut door. I tried increasing my magnetism in the hopes that the walnut still existed and was just out of reach. No dice. I want to cry. I’m a grown man playing a video game to escape the frustrations of life and now it all seems like a waste of time.

Ereo

Helper
Very frustrating. I’ve put in close to 300 hours and I’m certainly not going to just start over and put in 300 more just to get cheated out of perfection because a golden walnut spawned off-screen. I’m on Switch so I can’t edit the file. The walnut I’m missing is the one above Qi’s walnut door. I tried increasing my magnetism in the hopes that the walnut still existed and was just out of reach. No dice. I want to cry. I’m a grown man playing a video game to escape the frustrations of life and now it all seems like a waste of time.
Open the chat and type /recountnuts

If you're really missing that one it will appear. If it doesn't, there is another one that you haven't found yet.