Switch [BUG] 129/130 Golden Walnut on Switch

wilseer

Newcomer
Yeah, I suspect mine was bugged too. I did end up starting over, but I still check from time to time to see if anyone else's solution matches the old game. There was an update that fixed the texture on the North Island that I hoped might contain something too, but it didn't fix the walnut problem.
I'm at year 6, no way I'm starting over haha
Let's hope that CA sees this and issues a fix in some way.

datboi

Newcomer
I might actually go crazy with this one, 129/130. I'm at 99% completion on year 10, 350+ hours, y'all know the grind. Mutliple times I've sifted through the wiki, going from one corner to the other, double checked every bush, fished from every angle of the island, gone through all ten levels of the volcano, absolutely everything. The parrot says 'hidden in the pages of the journal' and I've been digging near every single curved tree I find, the mussles, fishing. I'm loosing my mind lol. I'm one walnut away from perfection 😩 Could it possibly be a bug?

wilseer

Newcomer
If the parrot is still giving hints you may want to double and triple check everything in the journals.
Are you using the slingshot in the correct tree? Are you digging exactly where it says?
A person in this same thread had the same problem as you, but they eventually found the Walnut in the tree (they were slingshooting the wrong tree).

dubesor

Farmhand
The parrot says 'hidden in the pages of the journal' and I've been digging near every single curved tree I find, the mussles, fishing. I'm loosing my mind lol. I'm one walnut away from perfection 😩 Could it possibly be a bug?
Try this which already solved the issue on another post:
If the parrot says "hidden in the pages of the journal" it's most likely exactly as stated: a hidden walnut that gets shown in the journal scraps, so redig the spots for journal scraps 4, 6, 10. if you are missing journal scraps then just clear the volcano a bit, that's most likely the fastest way to obtain them.

Ereo

Helper
I might actually go crazy with this one, 129/130. I'm at 99% completion on year 10, 350+ hours, y'all know the grind. Mutliple times I've sifted through the wiki, going from one corner to the other, double checked every bush, fished from every angle of the island, gone through all ten levels of the volcano, absolutely everything. The parrot says 'hidden in the pages of the journal' and I've been digging near every single curved tree I find, the mussles, fishing. I'm loosing my mind lol. I'm one walnut away from perfection 😩 Could it possibly be a bug?
These are hidden in the pages of the journal:

1. The mermaid riddle (gives more than one walnut, so that's not it)
2. The slingshot one on the volcano
3. Digging left of the volcano
4. Digging near the cliff on your farm
5. Digging near Birdie on the farm

If the parrot is still talking, you probably really missed one.

yerspring

Greenhorn
I’m also stuck on 129/130 walnuts, and no hints from the parrot. I don’t know what I could be missing. Anyone know which walnuts are the ones that DON’T have clues?

Lagunalock

Greenhorn
I’m also stuck on 129/130 walnuts, and no hints from the parrot. I don’t know what I could be missing. Anyone know which walnuts are the ones that DON’T have clues?
I know for sure the one south of the gem birds puzzle doesn't because I didn't get clues for that one.

Lety

Greenhorn
The wiki has a note about it;

"The parrot in Leo's hut provides hints for all walnut locations with the exception of the Pirate Cove."
Good luck!!

wilseer

Newcomer
Oh, then I confirm that my 129/130 is indeed a bug. I got all three in the darts game and also the one in the bush at the Gem Birds shrine.
Will wait for a fix

scige

Newcomer
I have the same problem on switch - 129/130 walnuts, no parrot hints and I have done all museum, mermaid and pirate cove so I dont know what I am supposed to do. I will be really upset if this is what stands in my way of 100% perfection.

treelife

Greenhorn
Same but similar issue, on switch passed out 2am before collecting the 3 memory game walnuts and now cannot complete.

It seems like a lot of people with this bug have 129 golden walnuts, but for some reason my file has 2 missing. I’m stuck at 128/130 with no parrot hints left, and the non-parrot hint walnuts come in either 1 or 3. I’m in year 7 so I really don’t want to have to start my farm over!

8B8A9712-AC2D-4F49-A97E-FF12E6C4D607.jpeg

Ereo

Helper
Having played the dart game only once or not collecting the rewards from Professor Snail could result in two walnuts missing.

If you're on PC, you can check your file with the stardew checker.

LiterallyMe95

Greenhorn
Also playing on Switch and have the same problem. I've been through the wiki several times, triple checked the journal locations, fished endlessly, mined the mussel nodes a ton, and went through the volcano several times. Still stuck at 129/130 and no hint from the parrot. I've won the dart game 3 times, dug up the spot in the Pirate Cove, and I collected all my rewards from Prof. Snail so idk what's left. Thankfully I have some other stuff I need to get done before I reach 100% perfection anyways so crossing my fingers it gets patched before I'm done. Anyone know if this is even on CA's radar at all?

cntrom

Greenhorn
I know I'm late to post and I'm sure this issue is well recorded at this point but I wanted to add my report to the formal thread, to do the most I can to try and make sure it eventually gets resolved.

I'm also having this issue on Switch. I'm at 129/130, the hint bird just says "Awk!", and I have collected all 7 of the walnuts that do not provide hints (3xdarts, bush in gem bird shrine, gorilla/banana). I've also quadruple checked that I have picked up my rewards from Professor Snail.