Switch [BUG] 129/130 Golden Walnut on Switch

shostakofish

Greenhorn
So on switch my Qi counter puts me at 129/130 golden Walnut, but none are left from fishing, mining, or farming. In addition the parrot is giving no hints and I've gone through the stardew valley wiki's location list to ensure there were none that I had missed.

I know PC users were able to do save file edits and item code cheats, but I'm assuming since I'm on switch I'm just stuck until a patch comes?

Odin

Staff member
The parrot doesn't have hints for every single walnut, but you're positive you've checked the wiki and gotten ever walnut listed there?

Lagunalock

Greenhorn
I have the same problem. I had 128 of the walnuts with no parrot hints. I finally found the one sitting out in the south of the gem puzzle and now I'm at 129. Since then I've personally been straight through the wiki 4 times (and a couple websites that list the same ones) and even sent my husband through once, but no luck. There's an extremely remote possibility there's one in the volcano since those are the only ones I don't remember, but I spent about 3 seasons trying to get the mumified bat from there (which I did, it's not the missing one) and it's unlikely I missed one -- plus I think the parrot would hint it was there. I've poured nearly 200 hours into this save and really, really don't want to have to start over if it's a glitch.

If you look previously on here there is a thread with how to patch your saved file with this ‘glitch’ in some cases I believe.

shostakofish

Greenhorn
The parrot doesn't have hints for every single walnut, but you're positive you've checked the wiki and gotten ever walnut listed there?
Alas, I cannot truly say 100% sure, because I didn't write down the mining, fishing, and oyster walnuts I found. But I do a crazy amount of all three, I've sold 50+ of the island fish, found the mummy bat (with the reduced spawn rate, pre-fix) and carpet bombed the mines dozens of times over, and have mined the oysters every day for an in game year. I also farmed hundreds of single item crops from the island.

I am 100% sure of every hidden walnut with a specific location though, I've gotten all of them.

shostakofish

Greenhorn
I have the same problem. I had 128 of the walnuts with no parrot hints. I finally found the one sitting out in the south of the gem puzzle and now I'm at 129. Since then I've personally been straight through the wiki 4 times (and a couple websites that list the same ones) and even sent my husband through once, but no luck. There's an extremely remote possibility there's one in the volcano since those are the only ones I don't remember, but I spent about 3 seasons trying to get the mumified bat from there (which I did, it's not the missing one) and it's unlikely I missed one -- plus I think the parrot would hint it was there. I've poured nearly 200 hours into this save and really, really don't want to have to start over if it's a glitch.
I'm the same way, but also I'm not too concerned about having to start over. While I've often had to wait, I don't think there was ever a bug like this that Eric Barone did not eventually fix in a way that I was able to continue the same file.

knock on wood.

macdaddy

Newcomer
So I had this same problem, went through the wiki and multiple YouTube videos with no luck finding the last walnut. UNTIL, I went to Prof Snails tent and talked to him. Saw I had a reward I didn’t collect and it was the walnut!!! Not sure if this helps but maybe you could check! Good luck :)

Lagunalock

Greenhorn
I wish that had been my solution, but, alas, I already tried checking with the professor several times and did it once more just now to be extra sure.

wilseer

Newcomer
I´m having the same issue. 129/130, double checked every place and the parrot is not giving me any more hints.
I know that the parrot does not give hints for every walnut, but I already won the darts game three times, did the mermaid puzzle and got all the walnuts from the trees.
I strongly believe this is a bug and not that I missed one.

Lagunalock

Greenhorn
Oh, wow, congratulations!
I'm still not finding mine T_T
Yeah, I suspect mine was bugged too. I did end up starting over, but I still check from time to time to see if anyone else's solution matches the old game. There was an update that fixed the texture on the North Island that I hoped might contain something too, but it didn't fix the walnut problem.