Switch [BUG] 129/130 Golden Walnut on Switch

norcon4

Newcomer
Hey I've been following this thread for a few months now. I've been stuck at 129/130 walnuts on switch. I've double checked every nut has been found using the wiki, and the parrot gives no hints. I've especially been paying attention to the nuts that the parrot doesn't give hints for to make sure I haven't missed those. I thought maybe the /recountnuts command could help, but that doesn't seem to resolve the issue for me either. Is anybody else in this situation? If so, does anyone know of another fix for this issue? I'm thinking maybe something got messed up because I'm playing through a 2 person local co-op game.

imnvs

Local Legend
Hey I've been following this thread for a few months now. I've been stuck at 129/130 walnuts on switch. I've double checked every nut has been found using the wiki, and the parrot gives no hints. I've especially been paying attention to the nuts that the parrot doesn't give hints for to make sure I haven't missed those. I thought maybe the /recountnuts command could help, but that doesn't seem to resolve the issue for me either. Is anybody else in this situation? If so, does anyone know of another fix for this issue? I'm thinking maybe something got messed up because I'm playing through a 2 person local co-op game.
That is an odd one.

Just to double, triple and quadruple check... Are you absolutely certain that you got the 3rd walnut from the pirate dart game, and are you absolutely certain you got the one from the bush in the south end of the gem shrine area? Those are the only singles you could miss that don't have a clue.

If you are... this would appear to be a new bug of some sort.

You mentioned this being a co-op farm. Are you the host or the farmhand?

antizero

Newcomer
I believe I'm in the same boat as norcon4. I'm on Switch vers. 13.0.0, game version 1.5.4.2, local single player, and am stuck at 129/130 Golden Walnuts.

I used the wiki to gather every walnut, the parrot no longer gives hints, I have 100% confirmed I've completed the Darts game, given a banana to the gorilla, checked the Island Field office for rewards, and grabbed the walnut on the south side of the gem bird area.

When I use /recountnuts it sets my walnut counter to 13, but my Golden Walnut counter at Qi's remains 129/130. If I use /recountnuts again immediately nothing happens. If I spend any or all of the nuts for Qi gems and use /recountnuts it will again set my Golden Walnut counter to 13.

This seems to be the thread that everywhere on the internet points to, and I've tried everything suggested. If anyone has any ideas I'm open ears, cause it's definitely been a bummer :(

Charmenian

Newcomer
I believe I'm in the same boat as norcon4. I'm on Switch vers. 13.0.0, game version 1.5.4.2, local single player, and am stuck at 129/130 Golden Walnuts.

I used the wiki to gather every walnut, the parrot no longer gives hints, I have 100% confirmed I've completed the Darts game, given a banana to the gorilla, checked the Island Field office for rewards, and grabbed the walnut on the south side of the gem bird area.

When I use /recountnuts it sets my walnut counter to 13, but my Golden Walnut counter at Qi's remains 129/130. If I use /recountnuts again immediately nothing happens. If I spend any or all of the nuts for Qi gems and use /recountnuts it will again set my Golden Walnut counter to 13.

This seems to be the thread that everywhere on the internet points to, and I've tried everything suggested. If anyone has any ideas I'm open ears, cause it's definitely been a bummer :(
I too am in the same boat =\ I really want to complete all 130 but have the exact same issue. Any help on this end would be great. Only silver lining is an endless supply of Qi gems but I already had everything I wanted from the shop.

imnvs

Local Legend
Only silver lining is an endless supply of Qi gems but I already had everything I wanted from the shop.
Well, tbf, anybody can (after getting all the island upgrades purchased) use the "/recountnuts" chat command to get infinite Qi Gems because their Golden Walnuts keep being refilled... so I'm not sure that's quite the consolation prize some may think it is.

Damnit, I really wish y'all playing on Switch could use the checkup so that we can get a better idea of what's going on, because this honestly makes no sense, if you have double, triple and quadruple checked the usual suspects (unclaimed from Prof Snail, banana shrine, bush in gem shrine, pirate dart game) and we still can't find the walnut you're missing.

Just because I want to ascertain some level of certainty... have you systematically gone through the listed walnuts on the wiki to verify you've collected them all too?

antizero

Newcomer
Well never mind, I feel silly now, but still a little perplexed. I found my last nut in the pirate ship south of the farm.

The weird thing is I very distinctly remember that being one of the first walnuts I collected. It's possible I collected it and then reset the day for some reason, so no way to know for sure.

In any case, the parrot was very much not giving me any hints. So either that spot needs to be added to the wiki, or there might be a bug with parrot hints.

Thanks for the support and the call to do basic detective work lol. On to 100%!!!

imnvs

Local Legend
In any case, the parrot was very much not giving me any hints. So either that spot needs to be added to the wiki, or there might be a bug with parrot hints.

Thanks for the support and the call to do basic detective work lol. On to 100%!!!
I'm glad you got it figured out. ☺

Still, the fact you weren't getting a hint from the parrot? That is indeed something to look at closer. I'm not sure which clue includes (or should include) that particular golden walnut, though.

Zuelayka

Newcomer
Late to the party but has there been a fix for this?
Triple checked the ones not hinted at by the parrot and I’ve gone through the wiki twice now, I also tried the /recountnuts but still only 129/130. Only things I can see it potentially being is the mussel nodes or inside the mine since I never counted, but I’ve done both of those things a number of times.
Wondering if there’s a fix or if I should just keep trying those two options. Still working on my golden clock, but kind of want to know I can 100% it before putting in all the work for the clock!
Edit to add: just saw in imnvs’ signature there’s a mega thread on this so let me know if I should reply there instead! Figured I’d respond to one that’s switch specific though

imnvs

Local Legend
Late to the party but has there been a fix for this?
Triple checked the ones not hinted at by the parrot and I’ve gone through the wiki twice now, I also tried the /recountnuts but still only 129/130. Only things I can see it potentially being is the mussel nodes or inside the mine since I never counted, but I’ve done both of those things a number of times.
Wondering if there’s a fix or if I should just keep trying those two options. Still working on my golden clock, but kind of want to know I can 100% it before putting in all the work for the clock!
Edit to add: just saw in imnvs’ signature there’s a mega thread on this so let me know if I should reply there instead! Figured I’d respond to one that’s switch specific though
There isn't a fix. There is a workaround. The guide link on how to is in my signature. Short version: type "/recountnuts" into the chat (without the quotes).

sealvl

Newcomer
There isn't a fix. There is a workaround. The guide link on how to is in my signature. Short version: type "/recountnuts" into the chat (without the quotes).
***I figured out the switch issue, if youre on coop you have to sign into the world and use the recount nuts command before the other coop player joins.

catdad

Newcomer
Well never mind, I feel silly now, but still a little perplexed. I found my last nut in the pirate ship south of the farm.

The weird thing is I very distinctly remember that being one of the first walnuts I collected. It's possible I collected it and then reset the day for some reason, so no way to know for sure.

I'm also solo on switch. EXACT same situation. Tried the chat command, got infinite walnuts instead of an updated number, got mad and found this thread.

I've been aware of the ship nut for a while and it was the first I got when I unlocked the island farm. Sure enough, i did the chat command one more time, and upon checking the ship, the walnut there had respawned. I have gotten to the island on multiple saves but I made this farm with a specific strategy for perfection so I was super worried when I got no hints from the parrot.

I'm considering editing the wiki to update that the ship nut bugs on switch, evidenced by our two independent scenarios. Thank you so much for the paper trail or I never would have figured it out. I didn't want to comb the harvestable walnuts in the volcano etc and I never would have guessed that walnut needed rechecked. I honestly think I did check it before I found the chat command solution.

EmmaB

Newcomer
I’m in the same 129/130 walnut boat and nothing has worked. I’ve check and rechecked and rechecked again. /recountnuts has not helped. I’ve been at this for an embarrassing amount of time. If I am shut out from Perfection by a bug I May scream.

samisforakid

Newcomer
used /recountnuts on switch and the last walnut seemed to come up in the area with the gem bird puzzle (which I know I had grabbed earlier, before entering Qi's room even) for anyone else who might not have looked there after the recountnuts command

Zoë_Sam

Newcomer
Im stuck at 129/130 on Switch. I’ve checked the walkthrough, fished to within an inch of my life, been through the volcano more times than I care to count, and checked the walkthrough. The parrot is still telling me “hidden in the pages of the journal” but I’ve checked, double checked, triple checked. I’ve also done the recount nuts thing. Soooo frustrating. Any ideas anyone please!

edited to add: this is my second play though. No issues with the first