Solved [BUG] 1.5 SPOILER - Cant Find Mummified Bat

Bananapaws

Sodbuster
I'm on the PS4 and I cannot find one to save my life, so I don't think it's purely Switch exclusive. The Lava Lurks must think I'm some kind of crazed serial killer at this point.

MaidenOfGore

Farmhand
This has been insanely frustrating! I not only have spent nearly 1 in game year searching for the bat, but I had no idea prismatic shards dropped in the volcano because I never see those either! x__x

Stormyfarmer

Newcomer
I finally got it. There might be something to that Qi bean quest theory since I’ve also done that now but it was still a bit after. Still I have found three prismatic shards during my search before this. Good luck to everyone still trying before there’s a fix. There is hope.

treehugger0123

Newcomer
Just wanted to report my own Switch success. Someone on reddit claimed the bug was fixed when I asked about it there, but they didn't link any changelogs and I couldn't be bothered looking.

My strategy was waiting for a max luck day (Good Fortune blah blah blah) in the middle of the Qi's Crop quest (apparently this works because it forces the loot tables to readjust), donning a Lucky Ring forged with a Burglar's Ring, eating Lucky Lunch, drinking Ginger Ale (luck buffs from those stack), and donning Monster Musk. I also had the Lucky Charm from an earlier sidequest.

The Burglar's Ring and Monster Musk were because I was prepping for a Lava Lurk genocide since someone earlier in this thread said that worked, but those ended up being unnecessary because I found that dang bat in a rock, on floor three within minutes of entering on my first go. In fact I found two; the extra is chilling on my nightstand. So either half a dozen luck buffs paid off or that redditor was telling the truth.

nerdmanpap

Greenhorn
Just wanted to report my own Switch success. Someone on reddit claimed the bug was fixed when I asked about it there, but they didn't link any changelogs and I couldn't be bothered looking.

My strategy was waiting for a max luck day (Good Fortune blah blah blah) in the middle of the Qi's Crop quest (apparently this works because it forces the loot tables to readjust), donning a Lucky Ring forged with a Burglar's Ring, eating Lucky Lunch, drinking Ginger Ale (luck buffs from those stack), and donning Monster Musk. I also had the Lucky Charm from an earlier sidequest.

The Burglar's Ring and Monster Musk were because I was prepping for a Lava Lurk genocide since someone earlier in this thread said that worked, but those ended up being unnecessary because I found that dang bat in a rock, on floor three within minutes of entering on my first go. In fact I found two; the extra is chilling on my nightstand. So either half a dozen luck buffs paid off or that redditor was telling the truth.
I may give the volcano another run tonight, however I can't see anything official posted about an update on switch and when I had it run a check it didn't find any updates. I'm at the point that all I need is the bat to get my last walnut, and the plans for incubator to craft my last item and then the qi's progress tracker will read 100%.

Intricate27

Newcomer
I will also post my success story as I just found 3 today after many unsuccessful runs. I went on a good luck day (not best luck). The thing I changed from my previous runs was that I ate a spicy eel and drank a ginger ale. Also had a lucky ring for total +3 luck. I got to floor 3 and I found 3 mummified bats on that floor. A common theme I'm seeing is that many people are finding it on floor 3, not really sure why but that's just the way it seems to be working out. I went with bombs and just bombed the heck out of the whole place. I did also have the burglar ring on in case I could get it from a lava lurk but no luck there, mine ended up coming from breaking rocks. I had activated Qi's crop quest in the past but never actually did it and the quest was not active when I got the drop. Hope this helps everyone out there.

nerdmanpap

Greenhorn
I will also post my success story as I just found 3 today after many unsuccessful runs. I went on a good luck day (not best luck). The thing I changed from my previous runs was that I ate a spicy eel and drank a ginger ale. Also had a lucky ring for total +3 luck. I got to floor 3 and I found 3 mummified bats on that floor. A common theme I'm seeing is that many people are finding it on floor 3, not really sure why but that's just the way it seems to be working out. I went with bombs and just bombed the heck out of the whole place. I did also have the burglar ring on in case I could get it from a lava lurk but no luck there, mine ended up coming from breaking rocks. I had activated Qi's crop quest in the past but never actually did it and the quest was not active when I got the drop. Hope this helps everyone out there.
Thanks a ton for posting your experience. I'm still trying. I made sure my version is up to date (switch), and spent 2 weeks breaking rocks in the volcano with none dropping. The Qi bean quest finally popped up so I accepted it. I don't know if it matters or not, but I have previously completed the Qi Bean quest and it was finished and I've had no luck farming all this time.

Now that it popped up again I'm hopeful. It is a 21 day quest and the day I took it I immediately started breaking rocks in the volcano that same day. I have a lucky ring forged with a burglar ring, ginger ale, and lucky lunch so that should give me +5 luck. I'm down to 11 days of the quest left, so for 10 days with the Qi Bean quest and +5 luck I've been in the volcano with no success. I will keep trying for the remaining 11 days of the quest, and if I'm unsuccessful I will just have to let it rest and wait for a patch.

MissDandy

Farmer
I read on Reddit (and have seen it here too) that people have been activating the Qi's Crop quest to try and find it, so I did and after the whole month of looking I still couldn't find it. Luck days, food and all. Should I try activating it again? I don't want it to be a waste of time but I'm becoming desperate haha, and if other people are having success with it I guess it would be worth a shot.

imnvs

Local Legend
I read on Reddit (and have seen it here too) that people have been activating the Qi's Crop quest to try and find it, so I did and after the whole month of looking I still couldn't find it. Luck days, food and all. Should I try activating it again? I don't want it to be a waste of time but I'm becoming desperate haha, and if other people are having success with it I guess it would be worth a shot.
Not quite the topic of this thread, but I gotcha anyway...

I could never do this one, and I don't get how others did. Indeed, though, they have and some of them find it quite easy. I mean, I am far from a newbie, but this one just... it must be something about my playstyle that just isn't compatible, even though I can do every other one of Qi's quests (though his prismatic grange quest I try to avoid).

MissDandy

Farmer
Not quite the topic of this thread, but I gotcha anyway...

I could never do this one, and I don't get how others did. Indeed, though, they have and some of them find it quite easy. I mean, I am far from a newbie, but this one just... it must be something about my playstyle that just isn't compatible, even though I can do every other one of Qi's quests (though his prismatic grange quest I try to avoid).
I haven't really done a lot of them yet because I'm preoccupied with the perfection thing, but I probably would have been actually doing the challenge if it wasn't for the bat. Once I find it though, I'll probably do them all (except for the prismatic shard one. I can't even imagine lol)

imnvs

Local Legend
(except for the prismatic shard one. I can't even imagine lol)
Well, eventually you can reach the point where you can start saving prismatic shards. Once that point is reached, I make sure to keep at least 4 around so that when that quest comes up I can just drop them in the bin and be done. (The prismatic shard quest doesn't require you find them during the quest.)

MissDandy

Farmer
Well, eventually you can reach the point where you can start saving prismatic shards. Once that point is reached, I make sure to keep at least 4 around so that when that quest comes up I can just drop them in the bin and be done. (The prismatic shard quest doesn't require you find them during the quest.)
Thank you, that's great to know!

nerdmanpap

Greenhorn
THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER! SO EXCITED!
Can confirm - after downloading the latest patch I got the mummified bat to drop on my 3rd day of bombing rocks in the volcano. Huge thanks to ConcernedApe as I am now 100% complete and the ending cutscene on the mountain was awesome (and the music too!)

MissDandy

Farmer
Can confirm - after downloading the latest patch I got the mummified bat to drop on my 3rd day of bombing rocks in the volcano. Huge thanks to ConcernedApe as I am now 100% complete and the ending cutscene on the mountain was awesome (and the music too!)
That's great! I found it on the first day, second rock lol. I think the universe owed me that one. I still have to do other things for perfection (mainly things in the skull cavern) but now I can't wait to see the cutscene!