Solved [BUG] 1.5 SPOILER - Cant Find Mummified Bat

LadyLePruck

Greenhorn
Has anyone been able to find the mummified bat in the volcano mines on the switch update? Searched every rock and enemy on every floor 20+ times and haven’t found it. Tried fishing and digging spots. I’ve completed the rest of the museum but can’t find the stupid bat.
Is this a bug or am I just super unlucky?

Update: my spouse found it (on the Switch) on the third time in, but I still haven’t.

Last edited:

ProkoCat

Greenhorn
I've been told it can be found in rocks inside the volcano, but I've made numerous sweeps of the place armed to the teeth with bombs, and haven't found a single one. I've never had this much trouble finding a rare drop in Stardew. I found 4 Prismatic Shards in the volcano but never a mummified bat. Seems to be a Switch issue.

zelazny

Greenhorn
Same. I spent a full season in game doing nothing but breaking rocks in the volcano and didn't find a single bat.

Dagmar

Greenhorn
Have played through two seasons and haven’t found one. I’m playing on Switch.

Edit: I finally got one! I ate spicy eel, ginger ale, used monster musk, and wore a burglar ring. It came from one of the lava lurkers (the monsters swimming in the lava). It took a full in game year! Good luck!

Last edited:
same lol its the last fossil i need, I honestly thought the frog would be the impossible one with the limited weeds in the jungle

FarmerJane

Farmhand
Same- I've been bombing/mining/fighting through the volcano all day every day for two seasons now, and no luck. I've found every other fossil, but the bat just won't spawn. It may just be a Switch thing? At this point, I almost wish the item ID cheat existed on Switch so I could spawn the darn thing by buying a chicken.

Delpianodylan

Newcomer
Yea i am having the same problem as well. Don’t seem to be able to get a mummified bat by breaking rocks in volcano dungeon. I am on the switch version as well.

Starry

Newcomer
I am also on Switch and having this problem - I’ve spent two seasons doing near daily volcano runs to try and find it

Stormyfarmer

Newcomer
I have this issue too. I’ve tried everything. Bombs, just pickaxe, killing all the monsters including the lava lurkers, all the floors... and it’s been a full in game year. It’s like one of the last island things I need to do besides the challenges.

Cyssa

Newcomer
same! It’s almost going to be an ingame year of constant bombing the volcano and I have spent about a million+ on bombs and food...

I knew when I hit 2 in game months of spending the whole day mining in the volcano only to come out with 0 mummified bats.... that there was something wrong. I’m glad I’m not alone, someone should bring this to concerned ape’s attention, maybe it is a bug?

Ender

Greenhorn
I’m also having the same issue, spent 2 whole years trying to find it, have had both owl and alien events happen before even finding a dang mummified bat smh

I’m also having the same issue, spent 2 whole years trying to find it, have had both owl and alien events happen before even finding a dang mummified bat smh
I got the capsule event (not 100% sure what it’s called) and multiple prismatic shards from the volcano, and no luck.

Have played through two seasons and haven’t found one. I’m playing on Switch.

Edit: I finally got one! I ate spicy eel, ginger ale, used monster musk, and wore a burglar ring. It came from one of the lava lurkers (the monsters swimming in the lava). It took a full in game year! Good luck!
What level did you find it on?

FarmerJane

Farmhand
It was the third level. It took two runs with the buffers I had equipped. I believe it can be found on any level, though.
I'm using the same buffs plus magic rock candy as often as I can get it so between +1 and +5 luck from food, +1 luck from ginger ale, monster musk, burglar ring and it's been well over a year in game so far (although the monster musk has just been added to the routine the last two seasons). No bat. Either you got really lucky or I'm cursed.

Baruch_S

Newcomer
I’m also experiencing this problem on the Switch. I’m delving into the volcano 5-6 days a week for 3 whole seasons now bombing the place to smithereens but still can’t get a mummified bat. And I’ve also tried using the pickaxe, killing Lava Lurks, digging up dirt patches, all that.

Reddit has a bunch of complaints about this issue, too, and it’s exclusively Switch players. No one made a peep about bat drop rate when the PC patch dropped, and the other consoles don’t seem to be having this issue based on their lack of representation in these threads. Either everyone else has been item spawning the blasted bat or Switch is the only system dealing with this abysmal spawn rate.

ZachJ

Newcomer
Spent 15 hours irl and never got it. Killed a ton of lava lurks and got 2 chests worth of stone. Strange issue