Solved [BUG] 1.5 SPOILER - Cant Find Mummified Bat

I didn’t even know I picked it up last night. Just knew my bag was full and saw it there. Lots of days in the volcano but they are there.

Mtgraves

Newcomer
I have been looking for 2 in game years and cant find the bat either. Playing on xbox one. I used bombs, pickaxe, rockcandy, luckyring, and a lucky day. My game had the blue ground to the northern part of the map but it was patched.

Cashew

Newcomer
Same issue. Went through the whole volcano probably 10+ times and probably gone through 300 mega bombs and have yet to find a bat. I wore the burglar ring every time too.

I’m on Xbox and have spent 2 or 3 seasons trying to find it. I, as have others in this thread, have used many items to try including magic rock candy, mega bombs, pick axe and just killing lava lurkers. I’ve legit gotten 5 prismatic shards which have a 0.05% chance drop so if I can get those, why not the bat?

I’m also experiencing this problem on the Switch. I’m delving into the volcano 5-6 days a week for 3 whole seasons now bombing the place to smithereens but still can’t get a mummified bat. And I’ve also tried using the pickaxe, killing Lava Lurks, digging up dirt patches, all that.

Reddit has a bunch of complaints about this issue, too, and it’s exclusively Switch players. No one made a peep about bat drop rate when the PC patch dropped, and the other consoles don’t seem to be having this issue based on their lack of representation in these threads. Either everyone else has been item spawning the blasted bat or Switch is the only system dealing with this abysmal spawn rate.
I’m on Xbox and have done similar things to you, it would seem that it’s a console problem as PC players are getting it on their first trip to the volcano lol

yeah I'm finding them like crazy now i got my first, I think i'm over 10 in the 2 weeks since i finally found my first so there is def something balance related not right.

saltySupport

Greenhorn
I've been in the mines for multiple days in a row now, on super lucky days, lucky days, using food to buff myself and just...nothing. No luck. Luck ring, Ginger ale, etc etc. But nothing. Still no bat drop. Meanwhile I am finding prismatic shards too, more than this goshdarn bat???? Something seems broken :/

I've been in the mines for multiple days in a row now, on super lucky days, lucky days, using food to buff myself and just...nothing. No luck. Luck ring, Ginger ale, etc etc. But nothing. Still no bat drop. Meanwhile I am finding prismatic shards too, more than this goshdarn bat???? Something seems broken :/
And I’ve never found a single prismatic shard the entire time I’ve been in the volcano lol

zelazny

Greenhorn
I saw on reddit someone was saying that doing the Qi's crop quest somehow changes the bat drop rate, so I tried it. Did the quest and then got the bat on the first try (started this game on 1.5, two lucky rings, spicy eel, pickaxe/no bombs, found on level 1).

ava_falynn

Farmhand
I saw on reddit someone was saying that doing the Qi's crop quest somehow changes the bat drop rate, so I tried it. Did the quest and then got the bat on the first try (started this game on 1.5, two lucky rings, spicy eel, pickaxe/no bombs, found on level 1).
I've been having the same problem and that quest just expired for me :/ thank you though I'll definitely try it when the quest respawns

zelazny

Greenhorn
I've been having the same problem and that quest just expired for me :/ thank you though I'll definitely try it when the quest respawns
I tried and got the bat a few days after I completed the quest. I think the quest might just fix the bat spawn rate.