BFAV 1.6 Conversions

Treemans

Greenhorn
Hey, thank you so much for your work on these mods. Something I have experienced with both the Geese mod as well as a camel mod is that after the animals grow to adulthood they become a chicken with the error item over it and no longer work/produce goods.

Error message:
[Content Patcher] SMAPI fixed maps loaded by this mod to prevent errors. See the log file for details.
[game] Farm animal 'Special White Goose' failed to load texture path 'Animals/lamplight.BFAVGoose-Special White Goose Harvested': asset doesn't exist. Defaulting to error texture.
[game] Farm animal 'White Goose' failed to load texture path 'Animals/lamplight.BFAVGoose-White Goose Harvested': asset doesn't exist. Defaulting to error texture.
[game] Farm animal 'Beige Camel' failed to load texture path 'Animals/DRIJUCE.Camels-Beige Camel Harvested': asset doesn't exist. Defaulting to error texture.
[game] Farm animal 'Beige Camel' failed to load texture path 'Animals/DRIJUCE.Camels-Beige Camel Harvested': asset doesn't exist. Defaulting to error texture.

The assets it says are not missing from the files, so I am not sure what the issue is.

Thanks

Hey, thank you so much for your work on these mods. Something I have experienced with both the Geese mod as well as a camel mod is that after the animals grow to adulthood they become a chicken with the error item over it and no longer work/produce goods.

Error message:
[Content Patcher] SMAPI fixed maps loaded by this mod to prevent errors. See the log file for details.
[game] Farm animal 'Special White Goose' failed to load texture path 'Animals/lamplight.BFAVGoose-Special White Goose Harvested': asset doesn't exist. Defaulting to error texture.
[game] Farm animal 'White Goose' failed to load texture path 'Animals/lamplight.BFAVGoose-White Goose Harvested': asset doesn't exist. Defaulting to error texture.

The assets it says are not missing from the files, so I am not sure what the issue is.

Thanks
Ah that's actually what meggiee was just talking about with the harvested lines. I'll fix them

Edit: Turns out this is a consistent problem in all my conversions cuz I'm an idiot so I'm going through them all to fix this issue. Le sigh

Last edited:

meggiee

Planter
Ah that's actually what meggiee was just talking about with the harvested lines. I'll fix them
Yeah! I still have 2 error chickens in game that I can't recognize lol...I've been testing all conversions at the same time, so the coops and barns are full ahah

Okay all my conversions have been reuploaded to their original posts. Error chickens and cows when the animals grow up should be fixed now. I also (hopefully) fixed up the ones that had gift tastes in their original versions to have them back again thanks to a suggestion from @BrianOvaltine :)

finalgirl

Newcomer
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to convert the Pigeons Plus in some way to accompany the update you made for the Pigeons? I tried having a look at the code but I'm thoroughly convinced I'd ruin it.

As well, if BFAV Crows is possible, it'd be incredible! Thank you so much for doing these!

Billyjim

Newcomer
hey, was using the new versions of the camel and dodo mods but they didnt seem to load into the game. The animals now appear as an error and there isnt even a purchase option from marnies. Just wondering if anyone knows the issue here.

[Content Patcher] Error preloading content pack '(CP) CAMELS by DRIJUCE'. Technical details:
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Can't parse JSON file at C:\Users\Alex\Game launcher\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\[CP] Camels - Copy\content.json. This doesn't seem to be valid JSON.
Technical details: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: ". Path 'Changes[17].Entries['DRIJUCE.Camels_CamelHair'].CustomFields', line 322, position 4.
at StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.Serialization.JsonHelper.ReadJsonFileIfExists[TModel](String fullPath, TModel& result) in E:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI.Toolkit\Serialization\JsonHelper.cs:line 86
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentPack.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String path) in E:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentPack.cs:line 76
at ContentPatcher.Framework.RawContentPack.TryReloadContent(String& error) in E:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\Framework\RawContentPack.cs:line 80
at ContentPatcher.ModEntry.GetContentPacks()+MoveNext() in E:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\ModEntry.cs:line 431
[Content Patcher] Error preloading content pack 'BFAV Dodos Plus'. Technical details:
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Can't parse JSON file at C:\Users\Alex\Game launcher\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\[CP] Dodo - Copy\content.json. This doesn't seem to be valid JSON.
Technical details: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: ". Path 'Changes[9].Entries['CiriunAlleyKitsu.BFAVDodos_DodoEgg'].CustomFields', line 182, position 4.
at StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.Serialization.JsonHelper.ReadJsonFileIfExists[TModel](String fullPath, TModel& result) in E:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI.Toolkit\Serialization\JsonHelper.cs:line 86
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentPack.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String path) in E:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentPack.cs:line 76
at ContentPatcher.Framework.RawContentPack.TryReloadContent(String& error) in E:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\Framework\RawContentPack.cs:line 80
at ContentPatcher.ModEntry.GetContentPacks()+MoveNext() in E:\source\_Stardew\Mods.Pathoschild\ContentPatcher\ModEntry.cs:line 431

hey, was using the new versions of the camel and dodo mods but they didnt seem to load into the game. The animals now appear as an error and there isnt even a purchase option from marnies. Just wondering if anyone knows the issue here.

[Content Patcher] Error preloading content pack '(CP) CAMELS by DRIJUCE'. Technical details:
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Can't parse JSON file at C:\Users\Alex\Game launcher\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\[CP] Camels - Copy\content.json. This doesn't seem to be valid JSON.
Technical details: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: ". Path 'Changes[17].Entries['DRIJUCE.Camels_CamelHair'].CustomFields', line 322, position 4.
[Content Patcher] Error preloading content pack 'BFAV Dodos Plus'. Technical details:
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Can't parse JSON file at C:\Users\Alex\Game launcher\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\[CP] Dodo - Copy\content.json. This doesn't seem to be valid JSON.
Technical details: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: ". Path 'Changes[9].Entries['CiriunAlleyKitsu.BFAVDodos_DodoEgg'].CustomFields', line 182, position 4.
Gaaaaah. COMMAS. Fricking fracking COMMAS. They are my nemesis. Luxian just let me know I did the same to swans. It's probably in all the ones I added gift tastes to. I'll fix it. Sorry!

EDIT: Okay NOW they should work. I was right, I forgot a comma in the same places in all the ones I added gift tastes to. The culprits were Camels, Dodos, Swans, Fancy Ducks, Geese, Shetland Ponies, and Wyverns. All have been reuploaded onto their original posts. Please forgive my incompetence >.<

Last edited:

Lily_Timelost

Greenhorn
Gaaaaah. COMMAS. Fricking fracking COMMAS. They are my nemesis. Luxian just let me know I did the same to swans. It's probably in all the ones I added gift tastes to. I'll fix it. Sorry!

EDIT: Okay NOW they should work. I was right, I forgot a comma in the same places in all the ones I added gift tastes to. The culprits were Camels, Dodos, Swans, Fancy Ducks, Geese, Shetland Ponies, and Wyverns. All have been reuploaded onto their original posts. Please forgive my incompetence >.<
Speaking of commas, do we have something utterly wonderful for you. Not sure if you fixed it or not but fancy ducks is apparently:
An error occurred in the base update loop: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: The content file was not found. ---> FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Animals\cantabilechaos.BFAVDucks-Black Runner Icon.xnb'. File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Animals\cantabilechaos.BFAVDucks-Black Runner Icon.xnb' at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options) at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize) at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize) at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.PlatformOpenStream(String safeName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\TitleContainer.Desktop.cs:line 29 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\TitleContainer.cs:line 37 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 276 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 289 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 319 at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 255 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.BaseContentManager.RawLoad[T](IAssetName assetName, Boolean useCache) in SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\BaseContentManager.cs:line 333 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.<>c__DisplayClass6_0`1.<LoadExact>b__0() in SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\GameContentManager.cs:line 127 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Utilities.ContextHash`1.Track[TResult](T key, Func`1 action) in SMAPI\Framework\Utilities\ContextHash.cs:line 53 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.LoadExact[T](IAssetName assetName, Boolean useCache) at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalizedContentManager.cs:line 524 at StardewValley.Menus.PurchaseAnimalsMenu..ctor(List`1 stock, GameLocation targetLocation) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\PurchaseAnimalsMenu.cs:line 74 at StardewValley.GameLocation.<>c__DisplayClass439_0.<ShowAnimalShopMenu>b__0(String value) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 12067 at StardewValley.GameLocation.ShowPagedResponses(String prompt, List`1 responses, Action`1 on_response, Boolean auto_select_single_choice, Boolean addCancel, Int32 itemsPerPage) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 11950 at StardewValley.GameLocation.ShowAnimalShopMenu(Action`1 onMenuOpened) in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 12059 at StardewValley.GameLocation.answerDialogueAction_PatchedBy<Digus.MailServiceMod__spacechase0.SpaceCore>(GameLocation this, String questionAndAnswer, String[] questionParams) at StardewValley.Menus.DialogueBox.receiveLeftClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound) at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate)

Speaking of commas, do we have something utterly wonderful for you. Not sure if you fixed it or not but fancy ducks is apparently:
That's odd. I just checked and that line isn't even in the code anymore. Have you tried the latest version I re-uploaded on the first page? Try that one and let me know if the error still crops up

Lily_Timelost

Greenhorn
That's odd. I just checked and that line isn't even in the code anymore. Have you tried the latest version I re-uploaded on the first page? Try that one and let me know if the error still crops up
o7. That version does say 4/4/24 9:56 pm on our end so gonna grab the updated version and edit this to let you know
Welp, apparently fixed now so thanx to whatever you changed UwU

Last edited:
I'm actually avoiding posting any of Trent's work rn because I've got him on Discord and he's actively working on updating his mods including his animals
They just finished updating More New Fish so either mermaid island or their BFAV mods are next. Which seems very exciting to me! (at least from what was used last time lmao)