Aside from Stardew Valley, what are you a big fan of?

tommybob

Planter
League of Legends - usually ARAM though (Soraka main)
and lately a game called Two Point Hospital where you create hospitals, decorate them & manage them, manage staff, and help cure silly maladies. :)
ARAM main here too!

7000 ARAM games under my belt, been playing league for about 10 years straight. Once was a Caitlyn main for a long time, now I play more Neeko/Fizz but as I only play ARAM I play it all!

jacky

Cowpoke
complete opposite of this game ive been a big runescape/cs guy my whole life

this is the first game where its felt relaxing aha

I was a big fan of the Riven series. Every so often I go back and play them all again.

Outside of games - history, biographies, myths, gardening, model railroading, hiking, nature, snorkeling, painting, mandolin.
Great to hear a fellow mandolin enthusiast here.

I'm a big fan of Paradox Games--they're challenging at first, but once you figure out the mechanics they're so much fun! Crusader Kings is great, I especially like the leader customization options in 3, but I do kind of wish they would make a new entry in Europa Universalis as EU4 is my favorite Paradox Game; I just fear it would be done poorly as many remakes/modern sequels just don't seem to hit the mark these days, and if City Skylines 2 is any indication, perhaps Paradox should just leave EU4 as it is! The only game of theirs I haven't been able to develop an interest in is Hearts of Iron and that's just because it's got a very cruel learning curve, in my opinion.

Outside of gaming, I'm a huge fan of Bob Ross painting videos, writing (mainly essays), cooking elaborate meals that make too large of a mess, and dogs. :smile:

LRangerR

Local Legend
I'm a big fan of Paradox Games--they're challenging at first, but once you figure out the mechanics they're so much fun! Crusader Kings is great, I especially like the leader customization options in 3, but I do kind of wish they would make a new entry in Europa Universalis as EU4 is my favorite Paradox Game; I just fear it would be done poorly as many remakes/modern sequels just don't seem to hit the mark these days, and if City Skylines 2 is any indication, perhaps Paradox should just leave EU4 as it is! The only game of theirs I haven't been able to develop an interest in is Hearts of Iron and that's just because it's got a very cruel learning curve, in my opinion.

Outside of gaming, I'm a huge fan of Bob Ross painting videos, writing (mainly essays), cooking elaborate meals that make too large of a mess, and dogs. :smile:
I broke HOI 3 and will never play another HOI game, but yeah the learning curve is severe. I also don't like paradox's prison architect franchise, but that's because I'm morally opposed to the way the US prison system is implemented and corrupted.

I'll post my favs later, but I'll say you will be hard pressed to find someone who likes Tolkien more than I do. I could talk about it for hours on silly subjects.

I broke HOI 3 and will never play another HOI game, but yeah the learning curve is severe. I also don't like paradox's prison architect franchise, but that's because I'm morally opposed to the way the US prison system is implemented and corrupted.
I'm envious of your HOI skills, but I agree, their games are pretty breakable and that can dull their allure for sure! I always forget they made Prison Architect, I did play it a few times because I love colony games like Rimworld and it has a similar aesthetic--PA becomes very stale very fast and their DLC model is absolutely horrendous across all the franchises--but as far as prison games go, I much prefer The Escapists 2 because the directive is to knock skulls and bust the hell out of there. I'm also very opposed to the US prison system and I've also been opposed to our foreign policy since I was 9 in 2003 as well, but I don't let that stop me from playing 4X games or war simulators--something about big booms and unquenchable power get that monkey brain going! :laugh:

LRangerR

Local Legend
I'm envious of your HOI skills, but I agree, their games are pretty breakable and that can dull their allure for sure! I always forget they made Prison Architect, I did play it a few times because I love colony games like Rimworld and it has a similar aesthetic--PA becomes very stale very fast and their DLC model is absolutely horrendous across all the franchises--but as far as prison games go, I much prefer The Escapists 2 because the directive is to knock skulls and bust the hell out of there. I'm also very opposed to the US prison system and I've also been opposed to our foreign policy since I was 9 in 2003 as well, but I don't let that stop me from playing 4X games or war simulators--something about big booms and unquenchable power get that monkey brain going! :laugh:
Well with HOI i was trying to play peaceful germany and britain hard noped me so i noped them and their frenchy french allies even harder. After I had most of India controlled and Operation Sealion was pretty much finished they surrendered.........to japan. So japan got all of the remaining British territories, including half of scotland in random patches, and I got frustrated with the game design and never played it again.

Well with HOI i was trying to play peaceful germany and britain hard noped me so i noped them and their frenchy french allies even harder. After I had most of India controlled and Operation Sealion was pretty much finished they surrendered.........to japan. So japan got all of the remaining British territories, including half of scotland in random patches, and I got frustrated with the game design and never played it again.
Try HOI4!

LRangerR

Local Legend
@Brave Little Sapling
On the flip side, if you enjoy skylines I have a feeling you will enjoy a pair of older games called Pharaoh and Zeus. Same basic model of game play, but the Greek version is the newer one so a few things were ironed out, also both have an expansion.

@Brave Little Sapling
On the flip side, if you enjoy skylines I have a feeling you will enjoy a pair of older games called Pharaoh and Zeus. Same basic model of game play, but the Greek version is the newer one so a few things were ironed out, also both have an expansion.
I hadn't heard of Zeus but I'll have to look into it! Been kind of on the fence about the new Pharaoh as the reviews appear quite mixed, but once a good Steam sale hits it'll probably be worth trying out, plus their games seem to be better after a few good DLCs to help "complete" them, I will admit. I love CS, but I'm opposed to CS2 as I felt there wasn't a need for a sequel when the first one was so well-done, with a butt-ton of DLCs to-boot, and I saw the new one as nothing more than a money grab from an already very money-grabby company. Haha Paradox is far from perfect, but they do (or at least very much did) know how to make fun games!

I also have a wide variety of tastes and interests such as reading (Dragonlance & Dresden Files anyone?). However, during the pandemic I became a fan of Kamen Rider and now collect different figures of the various riders when funds allow. Never thought I'd get back into collecting figures but I'm quite happy with my new(er) fandom :happy:

I love Fable and Fable lost chapters
Starbound
Journey- both the band and game
Resident Evil 4 and up
All the Silent Hill games except Origins
Cooking
Reading
Writing
There is a light novel series that not enough people know about:Kino's Journey. Very philosophical. It explorers morality, meaning of life,it's funny, charming, but not afraid to be sad or dark.
i played Fable on xbox near release date, and i loved it

honeybucket

Greenhorn
Cooking/baking
Entomology
Drawing
Metal, and music in general
The Sims 3 and 4
Basic 3D modeling, like rendering my Sims in Blender.

KatieLikesCake

Greenhorn
I love single player, deep story RPG's and CRPG's like Skyrim, Fallout (until 76), Witcher 3, Starfield (Fallout in space, didn't have high expectations for new mechanics so wasn't disappointed and had fun with it), Outer Worlds I loved, CRPG's like Pathfinder, Pillars Of Eternity and more recently Baldur's Gate 3.

Fandom is a little bit of everything really, I have collectables from loads of different game and movie genres, I have a soft spot for 80's movies, Back To The Future, Goonies, Flight Of The Navigator to name a few.