Aside from Stardew Valley, what are you a big fan of?

Konitama

Planter
I'll start... Super Mario has always been a huge source of joy and inspiration for me. I've loved all the games Shigeru Miyamoto has made and Super Mario will always hold a place in my heart. I'm a big fan of the old art styles where artists could get away with their own interpretations of Mario and friends. I think nowadays the super clean CG rendered artwork feels a bit cheap and uninteresting, so I've focused a lot on collecting the weird little variations of Mario's early years.

Here's a wide shot of my office
56723881_10156115000487023_9130456952051073024_o.jpg

Here's a close up of the more interesting figures
56823289_10156115000547023_7781151946190094336_o.jpg

Here's me and friends on the day I hosted a Mar10 party on March 10th
53456698_10156061369207023_3814597254304497664_o.jpg

As you can see I'm slightly obsessed. :)

So what's your biggest fandom?

Konitama

Planter
I’m a huge fan of the Legend of Zelda series myself! I waited out for the Nintendo Switch for 13 hours so I can get a copy of that and the BotW game! Been playing the series since 2001, and have amassed a small collection of goodies lol
Oh that's awesome! I have a handful of Zelda stuff myself but wow the older collectibles are SUPER expensive! hahaha

Snesonix

Sodbuster
oh boy ! im a huge Nintendo fan in general and have many games but the 3 frenchises i love the most are
mario,zelda and Rayman ! i have every rayman game ! and no im not counting the rabbits as rayman too !!!!!

Odin

Staff member
That's an awesome collection! Besides Stardew I'm also a big fan of Minecraft, it's always a game I can return to and create something new and interesting in. It's also a great game to play with friends :)

I have a wide assortment of tastes.

Reading, I love political thrillers, sci-fi and fantasy. So, Tom Clancy, Michael Crichton, Tolkien (Both father and son), Jules Vern, etc.

Gaming, if it's co-op or has a good story, I'll probably like it. I'm not into competitive gaming so PvP for the most part is out. Stardew Valley, World of Warships, Guild Wars II, Ace Combat, American Truck Simulator, Farming Simulator, Hitman Series and theHunter: Call of the Wild. I liked Elite Dangerous until I got perma-banned for cheating in single player. Stupid but in the end, I don't really care.

TV, I don't watch a lot of. I'm a huge fan of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. I watch all fifteen seasons at least once a year. Flashpoint is good, as is Dark Matter. A shame it was cancelled after Season 3. I occasionally watch south Park, Bob's Burgers and Family Guy on Hulu but only if I'm bored and can't find a movie I want to watch.

Movies, I have a ton of likes. 80's Action movies, Comedies, and Disney for sure. Almost anything by Tom Hanks or Clint Eastwood, I love. Green Mile and Million Dollar Baby for example. Great movies and I love a good cry every so often.

Music is my most common go-to form of entertainment. Anything from the 60s to today, be it funk, rock, mo-town, 80's-90's hip-hop, country, pop, a capella. piano, violin, etc. The only thing I don't care for is rap. I'm not a huge fan of swearing just for the sake of swearing. So when songs drops the n-word, f-word, as often as it can, I'm less inclined to listen.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
oh boy oh boy

i was a sonic kid and i will always be a sonic kid! sonic adventure 2 is one of my favorite games and i play it yearly, sometimes more. i also love pokemon and will probably play those games for, uhh.... *counts* forever

alice: madness returns, dead space/dead space 2, silent hill 2, and final fantasy 15 are among some of my favorite games of all time. i'm not really involved in the communities much but they've made a lasting impact on me. i'm very thankful i could play games like earthbound and mother 3 when i was older too.

Joker

Cowpoke
Not gaming related, but I am obsessed with everything Tolkien. My uncle gave me the Lord of the Rings books back when the movies were coming out, and though they were way above my reading level, I was hooked on the series. I have most of the books (and a bunch of duplicates), an armful of toys, some trading cards, a scale replica of Sting (the sword, not the guy), a bed set that I haven't used in about 20 years and a tattoo in elvish on my left thigh. The new Amazon series frightens me because I'm a purist when it comes to Tolkien lore, but I'm also really, really excited for it!

Odin

Staff member
The new Amazon series frightens me because I'm a purist when it comes to Tolkien lore, but I'm also really, really excited for it!
To be honest I had forgotten about this with everything going on, but I'm also very hopeful the do a good job

andrew_c

Greenhorn
Gaming, love the Sims, ETS2 and ATS. Used to play a lot of strategy and FPS, but prefer something more relaxing these days. Books, at the moment my favourite authors are David Aaronovitch, NK Jemison and T Kingfisher.

soupyboot

Cowpoke
I feel like the holy trinity of games for neurodivergent people is Stardew Valley, Minecraft, and Animal Crossing. But I grew up playing games like Halo and Splinter Cell, and Super Mario. But my current favourites have to be BOTW, ACNH, VA-11 HALL-A, and Witcher 3.

Not gaming related, but I am obsessed with everything Tolkien. My uncle gave me the Lord of the Rings books back when the movies were coming out, and though they were way above my reading level, I was hooked on the series. I have most of the books (and a bunch of duplicates), an armful of toys, some trading cards, a scale replica of Sting (the sword, not the guy), a bed set that I haven't used in about 20 years and a tattoo in elvish on my left thigh. The new Amazon series frightens me because I'm a purist when it comes to Tolkien lore, but I'm also really, really excited for it!
If you haven't tried it, check out Lord of the Rings Online. Prior to the Mordor expansion, the devs did really well at keeping the story in line with the books. However, they kind threw everything out the window when they released Mordor a couple years ago. Finished it and haven't played it since. But the journey to that point is great. It's around 12 years old now and you'd have to drop around $100 to get all the content.

Chaya7

Planter
I was a big fan of the Riven series. Every so often I go back and play them all again.

Outside of games - history, biographies, myths, gardening, model railroading, hiking, nature, snorkeling, painting, mandolin.

Sounny

Rancher
I love Fable and Fable lost chapters
Starbound
Journey- both the band and game
Resident Evil 4 and up
All the Silent Hill games except Origins
Cooking
Reading
Writing
There is a light novel series that not enough people know about:Kino's Journey. Very philosophical. It explorers morality, meaning of life,it's funny, charming, but not afraid to be sad or dark.

Anodyne

Farmhand
Recently, I've been loving ori and the blind forest. I plan to get ori and the will of the wisps once I finish.
I also love Ori, such a beautiful game lol.

Growing up I was definitely a Mario kid. I spent countless hours playing Super Mario World on SNES. Unfortunately I didn't have a lot of access to other games as a kid, so most of my gaming fandoms are from more recent vidya.

I'm a huge fan of visual novels like the Dangan Ronpa series and Steins;GATE.

In terms of anime, I am Promare garbage, it reminds me so much of Kill la Kill and Gurren Lagann which are also fantastic. Trigger knows how to make amazing shows and movies.

Kika

Greenhorn
League of Legends - usually ARAM though (Soraka main)
and lately a game called Two Point Hospital where you create hospitals, decorate them & manage them, manage staff, and help cure silly maladies. :)