Ancient Fruit or Star Fruit, which do you grow?

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Starfruit has a very common growth schedule actually.

Rhubarb and pumpkin are just two examples of crops that also take 13 days to grow, they all get three harvests with deluxe speedgro too!
I completely forgot about the seasonal long growing crops! Thank you, I feel silly. Also, for some reason I thought starfruit took 14 days and not 13.

imnvs

Local Legend
Starfruit has a very common growth schedule actually.

Rhubarb and pumpkin are just two examples of crops that also take 13 days to grow, they all get three harvests with deluxe speedgro too!
Those are seasonal, and I don't HSG those, so they don't match with my starfruit. I only use DSG.

Peggy77

Sodbuster
I need to obsessively chase down and pet each of my twelve rabbits every single day, so I prefer ancient fruit because it's less time spent caring for them overall. If I didn't have access to ancient fruit, I would pick another regrowable crop. There is so much to do in Stardew Valley that I don't like having to go buy more seeds and replant my crops all the time.
Close the door every night then you won't need to chase them down. I know that you don't need to close the door for safety, I just do it for the convenience the next morning.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Close the door every night then you won't need to chase them down. I know that you don't need to close the door for safety, I just do it for the convenience the next morning.
You can also make petting animals a first priority, all the animals leave the building at roughly the same time so running past and petting them all in a few seconds saves a lot of time.

imnvs

Local Legend
You can also make petting animals a first priority, all the animals leave the building at roughly the same time so running past and petting them all in a few seconds saves a lot of time.
This requires a certain organization to the farm some may not be willing to commit to. They'll be pouring out the door before and wandering off quite quickly after dawn, so the barn would have to be practically right out front the door for this to work.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
This requires a certain organization to the farm some may not be willing to commit to. They'll be pouring out the door before and wandering off quite quickly after dawn, so the barn would have to be practically right out front the door for this to work.
Also, um, it becomes a bit problematic when there are multiple buildings full of animals. When I forget to close the door at night, it's just chaos all over the farm the next morning.

... yes, I am thinking about installing a third rabbit coop for thirty-six total fluffy bunnies.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Tbh they are all quite centered most of the time, I never have animal pens and the animals rarely wander too far off, I can always pet them when they go back to the barn before the fall asleep and they wander back too so there is plenty of time

Peggy77

Sodbuster
Tbh they are all quite centered most of the time, I never have animal pens and the animals rarely wander too far off, I can always pet them when they go back to the barn before the fall asleep and they wander back too so there is plenty of time
I don't fence my animals either but mine wander all over my farm. It can be a real challenge trying to find them all. And I never have more than 8 all total at a time. Yes, if there is one or two I miss, I can go into the coop or barn in the evening before they sleep and pet them but that's only if I am actually at my farm in the evening, which is rare.

Once upon a time (before I had found my 10th Ancient Fruit Seed), I had 350 Starfruit plants in Grampleton Fields. Using Deluxe Speed-Gro, I was able to have 3 harvests that year. However, by utilizing Seed Makers on half of every Ancient Fruit Harvest once I got my Ancient Fruit empire off and running, I was able to eventually fill all of Grampleton Fields with that beloved turquoise fruit!

Wait until you have 8 big sheds, half full of kegs and the other half full of preserves jars.
I'm now living this nightmare every game day on my Stardew Expanded Farm.

Last edited: